Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL in Kinvara, co. Galway?

• 14-05-2006 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I'm considering a move to Kinvara, co. Galway. I currently have an NTL broadband account, and am loath to change my e-mail address (would affect my business).

Is NTL BB available in Kinvara? And if not, what other choices do I have?

Thank you in advance. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

Sorry no NTL broadband, only NTL MMDS.
    you have a few alternatives
    All wireless providers
    Airwire
    http://www.airwire.ie/
    Kinvara GBS
    http://www.kgbb.net/
    Magnet Business (LEAP)
    http://www.magnetbusiness.ie/corporate/wireless.html

your email address won't change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 DanishGuy

Thanks for the info.

But I don't understand how my e-mail address can stay the same if I change provider? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

DanishGuy wrote:
    Thanks for the info.

But I don't understand how my e-mail address can stay the same if I change provider? :confused:

There is no need to change eMail adresses. Broadband providers provide you a connection to the internet, new eMail addresses are usually optionally available, but not a must.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Marlow wrote:
    There is no need to change eMail adresses. Broadband providers provide you a connection to the internet, new eMail addresses are usually optionally available, but not a must.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire
    If he's using an NTL e-mail address, it's likely that it will "go away" if he closes his NTL account. He might be lucky, and it would continue, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Foxwood wrote:
    If he's using an NTL e-mail address, it's likely that it will "go away" if he closes his NTL account. He might be lucky, and it would continue, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Well, true, but then again, if your business depends on it, it makes more sense to either buy a domain or go with an independant email-provider.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Marlow wrote:
    Well, true, but then again, if your business depends on it, it makes more sense to either buy a domain or go with an independant email-provider.
    That doesn't help him deal with the fact that he's been using an NTL address up to now, and is concerned about losing it. If he has to lose the NTL address, he should avoid making the same mistake (using an ISPs e-mail address for business purposes) in the future, but if he'll have to check with NTL to find out whether there's a way he can maintain the e-mail address, at least for a transition period.

Maybe someone who has left NTL before can give some insight into what happens to NTL addresses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

DanishGuy wrote:
    Is NTL BB available in Kinvara? And if not, what other choices do I have?

I assume you mean the Kinvara in teh Burren and not the one in Connemara?

I assume you mean the Kinvara in teh Burren and not the one in Connemara?

Kinvarra in Connemara might not be too difficult to get it to either, as the Costello exchange is dsl enabled. We hope to cover that area also within the next 3 months.

Currently our coverage area is expanded to Furbo and Spiddal, planning for Inverin.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

Advertisement