Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring networks in a new house

Options
  • 14-05-2006 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I am planning to build a house and I would like your advice about the various wiring networks that have to be installed. There are loads of them and I'm wondering whether any rationalisation is possible (re-use of the same networks)
    I will need the following:
    • Phone cabling
    • Video intercom cabling
    • Alarm system cabling
    • Electrical power cabling
    • Video cabling to route DVD/DTV/MPEGs to TVs
    • Audio cabling for surround sound and Music system.
    • PC LAN cabling or WiFi
    So my question is how many of these networks could be routed over the same wires? Obviously the electrical power wiring would most likely be separate, but the other networks are mostly signalling systems with varying bandwidth requirements. Could they not all fit on gigabit ethernet or something?

The old house I live in now has most of the above networks and it's full of ugly cabling jobs. It would be nice to do it right from the start with some capacity for future additions.

Comments

Advertisement