Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ibiza

• 14-05-2006 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

In all my years raving and clubbing :o somehow i never managed to make it to Ibiza,probably too mad out of it here :D anyway at long last im heading there this year last week in July for a week,doubt it's as good as it was back in the early 1990's but ive heard it's still deadly and have to go at least once so who's going this year and when?Must say im looking forward to it immensely especially going to this @ Pacha http://www.retroevents.com/ ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭harryballs

im headin over the 29th of august for a week aswell, dont think its enough time for all the stuff i want to do, but an extra week is double the spends and i aint got it. gonna make a list of whats on what night before i go, if u didn't you would be walkin around in a mad frenzy tryin to organise ****. cant wait though, standin in space at 8 o'clock in the mornin with a pair o sunnies on, listenin to carl cox dishin out the best the island has to offer.

u cant ask for much more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

harryballs wrote:
    im headin over the 29th of august for a week aswell, dont think its enough time for all the stuff i want to do, but an extra week is double the spends and i aint got it. gonna make a list of whats on what night before i go, if u didn't you would be walkin around in a mad frenzy tryin to organise ****. cant wait though, standin in space at 8 o'clock in the mornin with a pair o sunnies on, listenin to carl cox dishin out the best the island has to offer.

u cant ask for much more

Big time mate i cant wait to go to Space as well heard so much about it,i really wanna avoid Manumission im not into a circus like that but people im going with wanna go so suppose ill have to tag along,really looking forward to Retro @ Pacha though..am gonna buy tickets in advance before we go to guarantee entry and no queuing either,roll on July :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

make sure and go to bora bora.

standing on a beach, everyone goin mad, beautiful girls, great music, no entry fee, waving at planes goin home overhead...bliss

Yeah will do mate..also ive been informed that there are sometimes illegal Raves happening in the hills in Ibiza,anyone know about these (PM would be cool) that would be right up my street instead of paying €40 into some "super club" and a tenner a drinkl,fu*k that shi*e.;)

yeah but them raves arn't for the tourists. there for residents on the island. obviously, anyone can go, but you'll only hear about them from people who are living over there and are "in the know" yenno!

bora bora is free, starts at 2 pm and ends the next morning.

• Advertisement

T&#225 wrote: »
    yeah but them raves arn't for the tourists. there for residents on the island. obviously, anyone can go, but you'll only hear about them from people who are living over there and are "in the know" yenno!

bora bora is free, starts at 2 pm and ends the next morning.

Yeah im gonna keep my ear open for one of these Raves,id sooner go to one of these Raves than some "super club" any day,that's what the whole scene was built on illegal Raves :)

Only a few weeks to go now woo hoo :D anyone else heading out there this year for some debauchery :cool:

havent even booked yet but i reckon il go for a week late august or september. the fourth year of my apprenticiship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Hoping to get back there for a few days later in the summer - if only to see Sven Vath at Amnesia again :)

yeah im the same about Bora Bora beech..!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

Going back for the 6th year in a row this year. If you are into clubbing, this is as good as it gets, Sundays at Space, Bora Bora and Sven Vath at Amnesia...

yeah thats what i say, if you like music, the clubs, the what have ya's and what not's, its the only place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 emma-ry-ah

Is anyone else not of the opinion that Ibiza is completly over-priced and over-rated? I've been twice, once in 1997 and again in 1999.

The only good thing about it is the collection of great DJ's in one place at one time. Other than that its full of drunken larey English football hooligan types. And the ****ing price? I'd prefer to fly to Germany for the weekend to see Sven Vath play Tresor (although I think thats closed now) or to Amsterdam to see Carl Cox.. why not go to the Love Parade in Berlin instead? Dance Valley in Amsterdam?

Do stuff like that, then get a cheap flight to spain or the canaries or something to chill out and get a bit of sun!

bora bora is free in all day, every day and imo is the best place on the island on certain days. i admit certain clubs are over-priced though but some of the nites i had over there were worth every penny.

T&#225 wrote: »
    bora bora is free in all day, every day and imo is the best place on the island on certain days. i admit certain clubs are over-priced though but some of the nites i had over there were worth every penny.

Yea, its free in all day, but how much does a drink cost you after that!?? I just think Ibiza is tacky and over-rated. People should just give up... its dead...

emma-ry-ah wrote:
    Is anyone else not of the opinion that Ibiza is completly over-priced and over-rated? I've been twice, once in 1997 and again in 1999.

The only good thing about it is the collection of great DJ's in one place at one time. Other than that its full of drunken larey English football hooligan types. And the ****ing price? I'd prefer to fly to Germany for the weekend to see Sven Vath play Tresor (although I think thats closed now) or to Amsterdam to see Carl Cox.. why not go to the Love Parade in Berlin instead? Dance Valley in Amsterdam?

Do stuff like that, then get a cheap flight to spain or the canaries or something to chill out and get a bit of sun!

Ill agree as im sure everyone will that it is vastly overpriced,scandalous in fact but where else will you get such a place where it's party central every nite during the season with world class DJ's and acts and some fantastic up and coming talent as well.

Obviously it's not as good as it was back in the glory days of the late1980's/early 1990's like dance music in general but i think you are unfairly slating Ibiza you must have had a bad experience there or something,personally i cant wait,seen as ive been on the scene 16+ years id be a better judge than most as to whether it's good or not..watch this space:cool:

Hawk Wing wrote:
    Going back for the 6th year in a row this year. If you are into clubbing, this is as good as it gets, Sundays at Space, Bora Bora and Sven Vath at Amnesia...

what dates you travelling over mate? :)

jonny68 wrote:
    seen as ive been on the scene 16+ years id be a better judge than most as to whether it's good or not..

I been around a long time myself, I just think Ibiza is for kids now trying to grasp on to whats left! I did have a great time there both times but I reckon there's a lot better things and places to spend good money on! just my opinion ;)

emma-ry-ah wrote:
    I been around a long time myself, I just think Ibiza is for kids now trying to grasp on to whats left! I did have a great time there both times but I reckon there's a lot better things and places to spend good money on! just my opinion ;)

I agree there are better places to go but i wanna go at least once to say ive been there,i doubt it's full of kids,i know for a fact fdrom a mate of mine who lives there that there are people older than me :o who go every year or so..ill be avoiding the pissed up English lager louts in San Antonio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭smokes

dont mind all that crap about english lager louts as im sure your well aware you ll find trouble if you look for it no matter where you are

although you will pay 50e into most big clubs it is still worth the experience,subliminal nights in pacha are not to be missed if your a house fan and check out euphoria at eden and cream at amnesia for a proper rave experience and whatever you do dont miss the sun set at cafe del mar;) ;)

im gonna try get over meself this year for the closing parties just talkin about it now has me head buzzing:D

• Advertisement

smokes wrote:
    dont mind all that crap about english lager louts as im sure your well aware you ll find trouble if you look for it no matter where you are

although you will pay 50e into most big clubs it is still worth the experience,subliminal nights in pacha are not to be missed if your a house fan and check out euphoria at eden and cream at amnesia for a proper rave experience and whatever you do dont miss the sun set at cafe del mar;) ;)

im gonna try get over meself this year for the closing parties just talkin about it now has me head buzzing:D

Ill be buzing alright if i pick up some of that super MDMA Crystal amazing sh*t ;) gonna kick off the Sunday nite @ El Divino CJ Mackintosh and Tony Humphries House Music legends :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

the best spots, are usually the places you don't have to pay in, like 2 play & nightlife on the westend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

emma-ry-ah wrote:

too long i guess!!!!!! LOL :D:D:D:D:D

senan s wrote:
    the best spots, are usually the places you don't have to pay in, like 2 play & nightlife on the westend

nightlife is gone. that was a great spot. use to get all the irish dj's over to play. i seen Mark kavanagh, Orbit and J.Pidgeon there one nite. great nite. the resident is a resident at eden now, alex ellinger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭smokes

senan s wrote:
    play 2 is a ****hole compared to the big clubs you nutter i suppose you like it cause its free:D :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Sunset at cafe del mar,you just cannot get better.Then the night begins:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

jonny68 wrote:
    Ill be buzing alright if i pick up some of that super MDMA Crystal amazing sh*t ;) gonna kick off the Sunday nite @ El Divino CJ Mackintosh and Tony Humphries House Music legends :D

Eldiveno has a very strict door policy and dress code and is full of posers.:mad:

we use to go to kumharas sunset bar every nite. i think its much better then café del mar. café del mar is aimed more at the commercial side of the sunset where as kumahara's is for hippies run by hippies. and we all love hippies!

www.kumharas.org

jonny68 wrote:
    what dates you travelling over mate? :)
    21st July, 2 weeks

• Advertisement

Hawk Wing wrote:
    21st July, 2 weeks

hey cool man you'll be there the same time as me we could meet up if ya want,im arriving on the 23rd going with 2 other people the rest are arriving on the Tuesday,we are goin to El Divino the Sunday nite 23rd gonna buy tickets in advance,what a nite this looks,the finest in USA Garage and House music gonna glam it up for this one..:cool: :cool:

https://www.clubtix.co.uk/ibiza/2006-07/23/mn2s.jsp

wideangle wrote:
    Eldiveno has a very strict door policy and dress code and is full of posers.:mad:

No problem ill be all dressed up that nite in Prada and Armani,usually i dress down in jeans and trainers but on occasions it's good to glam it up :D

just seen this on the Ibiza Spotlight website,some coup for the trinity boys this eh fair play

Irish Club Night in Ibiza July 14th
    Irish Club on Party Island
    Irish Dj's for Ibiza
    Trinity Rooms is first Irish Club to host a night in ibiza

On Friday July 14th 2006, Limerick’s Trinity Rooms makes Irish club land history by being the first irish club to host their own night in Ibiza. And where better than the original Ibiza superclub, the most glamorous and most stylish, Es Paradis.
    For one night only Trinity Rooms residents Paul Webb, Dan Sykes & Adrian De Cleir doing a Live Set and JJ with special guest Ferg from Galways GPO will take control of the palatial main room accompanied by the hottest new house talents of the year Herd & Fitz.
    Paul Webb said "It's a real honour to have been asked out to join the Pukka Up Residency at Es Paradis.It's a measure of how internationally recqognised Trinity Rooms has become in just 3 years when you see that the other uk clubs asked to host a night are the likes of the Honey Club in Brighton and The Cross in London, each of whom have been on the global clubbing map for years. It's going to be quite a party!"
    Es Paradis is the original Ibiza Superclub nestled in the heart of San Antonio Bay, it is without a doubt one of the most beautiful clubs in the world with soaring Grecian pillars circling the marble dancefloor and magnificent Roman statues dotted around the vast club area which holds over 3000 stylish clubbers each night throughout the Summer.
    Pukka Up are currently the hottest ticket in uk and worldwide clubbing hosting over 100 parties a year from Miami to the Far East, their blend of upfront funky house and style driven excess has ensured that this their second year hosting parties in Ibiza won’t be the last! Mark Graham from Pukka Up said “having done an amazing party at Trinity Rooms last May and with our resident Dermot C singing the club’s praises from his Irish residency there, we knew they were just the perfect choice to host a night of our summer residency!”
    Admission to Trinity Rooms @ Es Paradis on Friday 14th July is €35 on the night but if your going to be on the white island around then contact info@trinityrooms.ie for a chance at guest list!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Just back last week, Seen Pete Tong in Pacha, excellent night although a bit small and crowded, still excellent though. Amnesia was excellent too, Space had crap DJ's on the night we wnt, only 10 yo yo's in but Mr Cox kicks off around July 7th.

Good spot Ibiza was surprised, west end is full of english yob's but didn't bother us. Drastically over priiced though, spent a fortune, Ibiza town is pretty cool, but 2 vodkas and a 7up is 20 euro, 2 vodkas without 7 up is 20 euros, rip off merchants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Just back last week, Seen Pete Tong in Pacha, excellent night although a bit small and crowded, still excellent though. Amnesia was excellent too, Space had crap DJ's on the night we wnt, only 10 yo yo's in but Mr Cox kicks off around July 7th.

Good spot Ibiza was surprised, west end is full of english yob's but didn't bother us. Drastically over priiced though, spent a fortune, Ibiza town is pretty cool, but 2 vodkas and a 7up is 20 euro, 2 vodkas without 7 up is 20 euros, rip off merchants

I should note: anyone who booked through Eirjet, best of luck, they contract in Slovakian Airlines, first plane was absolute crap, i think it was actually refused take off in Dublin the following week when inspected, seriosuly bad inside, although it was a good flight, so anyway we had an 5 hour delay at Ibiza airport because the plane was refused take off from Dublin, so we get another Slovakian airlines plane on the way back (smaller but more modern), but you could still see the electrics hanging out if you went looking, shaking all the way back - not good, avoid eirjet if possible

The only time ill be in the west end is going to Cafe Del Mar apart from that ill be avoiding it,have to get a loan as finished my job last Friday but should get another job handy enough this week,im flying with Ryanair who i despise but were the cheapest option to Valencia and then Vueling airways to Ibiza and jump on a ferry from Ibiza to Valencia on way back to chill in Valencia before i fly back to Dublin,glad you'd a good one anyway.:cool:

PS- You've got a PM empirix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Was there twice 02 & 03 had a great time. Ibiza is a state of mind there is no place like it. Sunset at Cafe Mambo with Pete Tong's Essential Selection broadcast live is not to be missed. Its true Cafe Del Mar is an over priced ice cearm parlor, mambo is expensive best buy your drink in the supermarket and head to the beach in front of mambo. Avoid Amnesia on the Cream nights as it is seriously crammed, Pasha is good club as is the legendary Space. have not been there since the lid was put on the terrace. I gather the number of English yobs has been in steady decline over the last four years with the small westend in san an being best avoided. Enjoy your stay.

Minds are like parachutes, they only work when open!

not long to go now now OI OI :D:D:D

Lucky so and so's. I had to bail out at the last minute because I'm currently trying to complete buying a house and getting moved in

ur such a grown up. next you'll be saying no to trips to amsterdam coz u have to go kettle shopping at the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Blu Eyz

Just wondering how you got on boys in Ibiza....Just got back myself late June went over for my 31st Birthday, 4 girls......****in savage....ran a muck solid for the week....Met up with Conor G, he did a set in Bora Bora beach....loved it so much am going back in September for the closing parties.....

PS. im only new here, was just buzzing in work and came across this Dance Forum thing...

• Advertisement

god i miss bora bora...

Yeah what a place.....never seen anything like it, when were you there? was trying to read back over the threads, i went over 22nd June, this ****in mad fella dressed up as spider man on the make shift podium, the whole place was buzzing of him....atmosphere unbelievable.

Its gotta be the best dance beach ever......tunes were kickin, everyone out of it, talent over there was something else..! And then the planes, jesus i thought i was tripping when i saw the first one flying over...... god im depressed now...!

Stop, your depressing me. no really you are. you won't get over it. you obviously enjoyed it as much as me.

when i went there i couldnt believe it. it was like being in a music video or something similiar. it was surreal. they played deep dish - say hello and it was just mental. people on the tables, people on the beech, people at the bar, everyone goin mad. italians who couldnt speak english singing all the words to it, in broken english, but its the thought that counts.

i got there about 1pm and stayed til about 1am until my mate (oh i have a sore tooth) wanted to go home. i still slag him over it. the planes goin over head is magical. it makes you appreciate being there more because you know when your on the plane going home, the last thing you'll want to see is 100's of people still wrecking it on Bora Bora.

i was planning on goin over there this year. dunno if thats still possible but if i went to ibiza and stayed in bora bora for a week it would be a success!

when is the Bora Bora closing party? after writing all this i might just have twisted my own arm.

Hmmmm not sure when the Bora Bora closing parties are on but all the others are mid September.....were trying to get a gang going and hire a villa for 4 days and just go nuts...

We stayed in San Antonio.....but ended up in Bora Bora every day cos there was just no buzz like it..

Im just here with my Space 2006 CD on in work belting the tunes out.....some savage taking me back to my night in Space over there....What a ****in club man, my god....

I never had a holiday like it, My 31st Birthday mad out of it in Space with 3 of my best mates....we went for days.......the whole holiday was a success....Music, People, Weather, and need i say the yokes etc....

Thank god its still the summer here, im still partying hard.......and thank god for the weather, i had no bad come downs since i got back.....!!

well done mate. your 31 and you've seen the light. i'm 23 and thankfully i've been there 3 years, so if i do the math and im still goin there when im 31 i'll be a fully qualified ibiza apprentice twice over with a bit to spare :p.

Ha ha, but i waited til my 31st birthday to go over to what I think is one of the best party islands on the planet....should have went years ago..:(

****in hell.....ill defo will give it another go next summer only next time instead of 4 people id get as many as possible to go over!

jaysus lads, the juices are flowin now, goin over in a month and bora bora is top of the list. Its my first time goin over and im 23 and ive heard all the stories about the place but its all about doin it and f*ck me im gonna do it. Can't wait, there is some great videos of bora bora and all other clubs around the world on dancetrippin.tv if you haven't already checked it out. well worth a look even if only to make you even more depressed about churning away in this hell hole for 50 weeks of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Just to remind you of this heavenly place

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/summer06/ibizaweek.shtml

Was over for the radio1 weekend three years ago unbelievable vibe

harryballs wrote:
    jaysus lads, the juices are flowin now, goin over in a month and bora bora is top of the list. Its my first time goin over and im 23 and ive heard all the stories about the place but its all about doin it and f*ck me im gonna do it. Can't wait, there is some great videos of bora bora and all other clubs around the world on dancetrippin.tv if you haven't already checked it out. well worth a look even if only to make you even more depressed about churning away in this hell hole for 50 weeks of the year.

Happy Days, how long you going for? I only did a week and i can honestly say i was depressed as **** when i was leaving....i could have defo stayed another week (maybe not gone completely nuts every night) but its a just an amazing place.

Pacha was my favourite club....its huge, me & mates kept on losing each other which was hilarious since we were all out of it, I walked around on my own buzzing to the tunes when next thing i know im in front of Pete Tong and he belts out Royskopps "What else is there" ..... just then my friend falls around the corner and we went mental on the dance floor.....the hack of us the next morning on the roof top garden... the jaws on everyone PRICELESS (in fact the hack of everyone) ... buzzing of each other, then onto Bora Bora.....got the bikinis out, a nice refreshing swim and its partytime all over again...this place just never stops..!

We went to Space one night and got our tickets off the guys on the streets for €40, they told us that we could with these tickets get a free gargle and we could leave ONCE and get back into the club......

Ok, it was like this, we went in got our free drink (by the way forget about drinkin in there, i got a redbull and it cost me €10 , robbin bastards!! Anyhow after an hour or so we wanted to head out for a bit and they wouldnt let us back out at the door so be careful with that....cos your kinda stuck there when you go in and these guys on the doors take no messin, also DON'T bring your Digital Camera cos they search your bag (THEY DONT ALLOW THEM AT ALL (dont worry about the other stuff just stash it somewhere) they give you a ticket for it and tell you they will give it back to you when leaving...........We left out of it and completely forgot about the ****in camera and Space had closed for a couple of days after so we were without one of of cameras!! In terms of getting stuff in there, there are people everywhere offering you everthing........its too easy in Ibiza and thats a fact !

If you need to know anything else just ask.......

PS.........Any Room for one more ;)

room for one more???,you've got more money than me, i could only afford the week, i mean ure talkin at least a grand and a half for the week spendin money, gettin there's no probs, 5 of us booked and we got it for about e370 which is cheap as chips.

i cant hack another day millin about this town, as soon as i get of the plane in ibiza i'll be headin to carl cox in space and ive got the rest of the week pretty much planned out but stickin to it off the head on beaners is another thing. Im goin tuesday to tuesday so ill think i'll finish off the week with a nice bit of techno in cocoon in amnesia on the monday. i seen sven vath at I Love Techno in belgium and he was class, ran out to the crowd and started boppin away, let the record run out an all, great stuff.

Theres just to much sh*t to do in a week but fu*k me i'll try me best. the ould ibizaspotlight is great for the weekly party planner, got tickets to the big sunday session in space and with bora bora acroos the road i think i'll use me one re-entry pass that mornin and spend a good bit off the day in there.

but the way it always is i build meself up for weeks and ure home in the blink off an eye. that is unless i win the rollover on saturday:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement