Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ibiza

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

The thing is, the whole island isn't a rip-off. People have the wrong idea altogether. Food is cheap, drink is cheap from shops & off licences, clothes are cheap enough. The only places that are a rip-off are the big clubs i.e. entrance fee and drink prices. In saying that, the entrance fees aren't really a rip-off if you're into the DJs that are on.

Just back from 2 weeks there and IMO best club is Space. Pacha is boring and full of posers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Blu Eyz

"Story Blue Eyz you goin to Altern-8 tonite @ The Belvedere im meeting CTRob from here in there later it should be amazing cant wait,let me know if your going man will meet u in there "

Hey Johnny i only got this message now, stayed local at the weekend & had a little session in my pad....how did you get on? Did you get out of it? Good night?

Big weekend lined up this weekend........thinking i prob need tuesday aswell off.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

DEVOTION wrote:
    The thing is, the whole island isn't a rip-off. People have the wrong idea altogether. Food is cheap, drink is cheap from shops & off licences, clothes are cheap enough. The only places that are a rip-off are the big clubs i.e. entrance fee and drink prices. In saying that, the entrance fees aren't really a rip-off if you're into the DJs that are on.

Just back from 2 weeks there and IMO best club is Space. Pacha is boring and full of posers.
    Pacha boring are ya mad Pacha is by far the best club on the island without any doubt,you get posers everywhere i seen loads of them @ Manumission but so what so long as the whole place isn't full of them it doesn't matter.

Your right though drink from the off licence is cheap and you can eat out in some places for cheap,it's only the clubs and some bars that are a rip off.

PS-Blue Eyz yeah Altern-8 was again an amazing nite,they were on top form check out my video's :) roll on the EP this weekend :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

Ah come on now. Compare Pacha to Space or Amnesia. I was at the Radio 1 night with Pete Tong and Steve Lawler and it was jammed but there was just no buzz in the place. If it's like that on a Radio 1 night, God knows what it's like on others. The amount of posers and 40-50 year old rich men with wives who were 20 years younger was shocking! That's just my opinion though, you obviously had good nights there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

I thought Pacha was cool, had a great time and got a nice babe there, happy days

DEVOTION wrote:
    Ah come on now. Compare Pacha to Space or Amnesia. I was at the Radio 1 night with Pete Tong and Steve Lawler and it was jammed but there was just no buzz in the place. If it's like that on a Radio 1 night, God knows what it's like on others. The amount of posers and 40-50 year old rich men with wives who were 20 years younger was shocking! That's just my opinion though, you obviously had good nights there.

Atmosphere wise Space was the best nite i was at but then again with Laurent Garnier and Carl Cox playing on the same nite it would be hard to beat that,but it was too rammed $pace are money grabbing bas***ds they make enough €€€ as it is the place was definitely overcrowded,i could only stay on the main floor an hour max the heat was too much!!

Pacha on the other hand was packed but you could move in it,there was a very good atmosphere @ Deep Dish but the best atmosphere (as always is the case) in the old skool room where www.retroevents.com were hosting the room,you cant really compare clubs in Ibiza as they all have different characteristics.

Next time i wanna go Amnesia and Eden as well and a few more places.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭harryballs

ah well back home and what a fookin place. Definitley lived up to expectations and i'll be goin back next year. I went for a week and i rekon 10 days in a villa will be the plan next time round.

Anyway this is what i thought of the place. Started in Bora Bora loved it and it was a good warm up before we went to see Fat Boy Slim and Carl Cox the first night in space. I wasn't expecting much from FBS but he pumped out a bangin set and the club was amazing. Packed to the gills and any chance i thought of getting a breather in the terrace were dashed when i went in and they were bangin out D'n'B. Still i lept around like a lunatic for a while and then left.
    Next night was Meganite in Privilage. Great club and Atmosphere. Marco Bailey was excellent and really getting the crowd going for Mauro Picotto who i think has a bit of an unfair bad rep from his 'lizard' days because imo he is an excellent technician and great Dj. He had a real rappour with the crowd and i had another great night.
    Thursday and cream in amnesia. Eddie Halliwel would not be top of my list of dj's i wanted to see but i had to go to amnesia. I have a bit more respect for the man now cause he played a blinder and the club was probably my favourite of the lot and another mind bending night was had.
    Friday consisted of a 17 hour marathon sleep cause i hit 'the wall'. I missed pacha but i'll make up for it next year.
    Saturday i went to a water party in es paradis. Great night out with all the mates, soaked to the bone but would have prefered to go to eden for the mtv dance awards with Mylo and Joey Negro.
    Left the water party and back to the apartments. Rang my unliscenced taxi driver Ivo who came and got me in his Dawoo Matiz. Sound bloke who fixed me up with the necessary apparel for the day:D and gave me and a mate a lift to Bora Bora. There till about 6 o'clock then i just couldn't face Space and made my way home.
    Early flight teusday morning ment no super club on monday. Went down to the west end and found a club called Play 2. It was like a club in dublin(size wise) but playing all the tunes that you hear on the island. Free in and cheap gargle meant i crawled out at respectible 4 in the morning.

Peace Out

Glad to hear you had a good one mate,your right though a villa is the only way to go in Ibiza we'll do that when i go back again.;)

Advertisement