Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help! Bodywork Dammage!

Options
  • 14-05-2006 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Okay got my new 01 Fiat Punto Sporting and Done this to it with thanks to my garden gate. Anyone wanna hazard a guess either from a garage or a "mixer". Its only bodywork, everything still works grand (windows, locks, etc)

Let us know guys and also if you can reccommend anyone.

Cheers!

Images Attchaed....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

i would imagine about €800 from an independent bodywork shop .. my missus did something similar last year on the back 3/4 panel and that was 'cash' €600 although the panel wasn't torn right through.

It's a bit nasty alright !! hard luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

****, that looks like it needs a whole new panel for the door and a whole panel for the back bit.as the damage is too deep.where are you based so we can hep you find a garage

whippet wrote:
    i would imagine about €800 from an independent bodywork shop .. my missus did something similar last year on the back 3/4 panel and that was 'cash' €600 although the panel wasn't torn right through.

It's a bit nasty alright !! hard luck

id would think it will cost more likely over 1000 as its deep damage so will need the panels replaced instead of repaired

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

drdre wrote:
    id would think it will cost more likely over 1000 as its deep damage so will need the panels replaced instead of repaired
    I would second that! If you go to a main dealer they are going to have no interest in repairing it, they'll just suggest a new door and rear panel, which will need to be painted/colour matched etc.....
    However find a local bodyshop and go get a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Went to a gut thismornign and he said that it is repairable for under a grand but it'll never be perfect up close but as good as to the adverage joe.
    Had a guy looking at it thismorning that is fully prepared to do it for 500euro but anyone else think its a little TOO Cheap???

I have the car about 2 Days now got it from a well known delaer over the Northside, when i looked at it a few weeks ago before i bought it the body work was pretty bad on the same side, both those panels were replaced (the door wasnt dammaged so just the wind and rear) by the garage at 250 each.
    I'll adventure back out to them come tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

Agrrrrrr! Screw by stupidly tight driveway!!

• Advertisement

Went to a gut thismornign and he said that it is repairable for under a grand but it'll never be perfect up close but as good as to the adverage joe.
    Had a guy looking at it thismorning that is fully prepared to do it for 500euro but anyone else think its a little TOO Cheap???

I have the car about 2 Days now got it from a well known delaer over the Northside, when i looked at it a few weeks ago before i bought it the body work was pretty bad on the same side, both those panels were replaced (the door wasnt dammaged so just the wind and rear) by the garage at 250 each.
    I'll adventure back out to them come tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

Agrrrrrr! Screw by stupidly tight driveway!!

go back out to them, but i think you should also get a quote from a proper garage as the 800 sounds cheap but it wont be same quality and also when you go to sell it it will make a difference

Well i'm gonna see what the FIAT Garage says first and if they can indeed get me a good deal i'll go with that. If it tops a grand i'll have no option than to go for they cheap option..... Even if it does turn out to be a botch job!

I cant afford any big repairs let alone replacements!

Anyone know anywhere good and cheap tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I can recommend a guy in Sallins...top notch job...you won't even know it was repaired it will look like new.

I reversed the Alfa into a pillar a few years back and tore the back bumper on the back corner and up the side. He fixed it up to new.

PM me if you want his details

Just PM'ed Ya

Bump

• Advertisement

Just got word that i might need a new door!?! How fuked up is that, my ass do i need a new door it aint that bad. If thats the case i'd got with a botch job.

I got a quote from Car Craft Ireland today, very good price. What you guys reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Just PM'ed Ya
    Replied back to you...any luck?

Aparently i need a new door.... My bloody arse i do!! I might go with Car Craft Ireland. They gave me a good quote.... Anyone heard of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Would you not just leave it as it is? Its a Fiat, the panels are gonna fall off eventually. :D Just messing. But seriously, Keep your grand! Do you plan to hold onto the car for a while, if so then it mightnt be worth your while paying that much to fix it if you wont be selling it. You must have fairly well hit the gate though??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

I would not let carcraft take a dent out of a tin of beans.
    To cut a long story short they made a total mees of a car on me.
    There color match is a joke, they don't have a low bake over for drying
    and will probably make it worse.
    They also vallet cars in the same place which any panel beater will tell you is
    a bad idea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'll PM you a number now!! This chap will look after you!! ;)

Advertisement