Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale

Options
  • 14-05-2006 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Playing as Spurs, and justy sold Dafoe for £42mil to chelsea.

Just a curious thing, hes been in their reserve squad for 2 weeks now.....

Would they buy him just so i cant contend the title..??

Plus in desperate need of a replacement.

Have a budget of 35mil.

he was on 24 goals for 20 games before he went....

cometo think of it maybe it was a bit rash selling him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Tevez, clearly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalli.S

Its true...chelsea bought Dafoe of me for 42mil and he sits in their reserves

thing is all my other strikers are starting to score...hah...joke on you mourinho...still gona catch you......2 points behind, 1 game in hand......

anyone else encountered this...

by the way...got bojinov as a replacment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'm playing as portsmith and managed to get defoe for 15mil plus andy o brien because he was unhappy at spurs... what an amazing buy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I remember once selling Totti to Real Madrid for £60 million up front and £20 million in staggered payments. It was in one of the older games.

Damn Chelsea, They have taken Defoe off me too, they paid the buy out clause of 49.5million, i offered him a new contract but no dice :( on the upside i have fifty mil, i spent ten on a new keeper isaksson... but much i know but i needed him.

• Advertisement

I got 42mil.....

Got bojinov(wonderkid) and getting wright-philips on the right....

kompany wont sign for me however.....loves anderlecht.

Got this other striker too.......Dahlberg.....swedish...looks brilliiant....

might try and buy defoe back...cant belive he is in their reserves...

by the way any online games coming through soon...

Dal

online game should be starting up within the next two/three weeks, ill be pming everyong who has signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

in FM 2005 as utd Kleberson was a legend for me but was always complainnig so Bayern Munich made an offer of 36 mil which was his transfer value but i didnt wanna sell him so i told them i wanted 99 mil for him taking the piss but they agreed to it!!!!

BEST.DEAL.EVER!

Try sign Kerlon. he's a young Brazilian and scores alota goals for me! i signed hin in a game with Man Utd and with Real Madrid! great young player and should cost less than 10 mil if you early enuf in the game!

Just the end of the season in which Defoe signed for Chelsea, having not played or got on as a sub in a match he is unhappy, chelsea have accepted a twenty six million bid from me for him, so he is on his way back to Fratton park. Thats one expensive six month loan deal, twenty four million, and he didnt even play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

shoutman wrote:
    Just the end of the season in which Defoe signed for Chelsea, having not played or got on as a sub in a match he is unhappy, chelsea have accepted a twenty six million bid from me for him, so he is on his way back to Fratton park. Thats one expensive six month loan deal, twenty four million, and he didnt even play :D
    Quality. You must be chuffed. Have you tried to get Messi?

• Advertisement

besty wrote:
    Quality. You must be chuffed. Have you tried to get Messi?
    Yea I'm fairly happy alright :p
    Tried signing him but he feels playing for champions league outfit Pompey is a step backwards, posted up my new lineup though on another thread, really just tried bolstering the squad for europe...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Lads, would I be correct in assuming that there posts are all in relation to FM2006 version?

yes, yes you would.

Got Messi, Wright Philips and Figueroa signing for me next year.. bring on the champions league......

Need a good midfirlder though....however i am playing as SPurs...and theirmid is awesome....

Heres one query, Portsmouth are 20th in my league, however they have spent £36mil on players, Where has all the money com from??
    I only got £6Mil.... Man U and Liverpool havent boughtr anyone....

you get fourty odd million with them when starting, around last christmas some new russian oil tycoon billionaire alla abromovic came on board with portsmouth in some sort of joint venture with mandiric, so they are rolling in dough.

Advertisement