Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel test drive

Options
  • 14-05-2006 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im thinking of getting a opel for the 3 days test drive.i just want to hear from people who have taken a opel for test drive.

1- Do they give you insurance or do you have to provide your own
    2- Do they give a car to anyone or do you have to show that you are interested in buying one after the test drive.
    3- Do you get to choose the car you want or do they just give you any one available.
    4- Any milage restrictions
    5- Do you have to book early or can i just go to them and get it on the same day

Im thinking of getting the astra.

Is there any other information i should know

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

You must have a creit card.

Its a rental company that you are getting the car from.

No mileage restrictions, must have your own insurance.

If you regsiter on the site they ring you back to confirm the details.

You pick the car up at an Opel garage but has no ties to the dealer.

I wanted the Astra but I couldnt because I dont have a creit card

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

As far as I remember you have to have a fully comprehensive policy on your own car so when you transfer your policy to their car for the 3 days, it is covered.
    Failing that, just tell them that you are currently insured by Quinn Direct and then they will put you on their policy (QD charge a fee for transferring to other cars, all other insurers don't so they told me, so obviously its meant to be a free road test so they dont want you having to fork out for the transfer fee)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i have a credit card(actually 4:D )
    also have fuly comp on my car.
    this is sounds good.i have filled in my details on the form.so when they call me i will tell them im interested in buying a gti so please give me a opc to test drive:D .if they say no then i will just say alright then give me a normal astra sports:mad: .

has anyone rented the opel and had problems.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

No harm in asking btut doubt you will get it as far as I know its the 1.4

kluivert wrote:
    No harm in asking btut doubt you will get it as far as I know its the 1.4

1.4 then theres no point in wasting my time.i already have a 1.4.i thought it will be a 1.8.
    i might take a test drive in one of the other types of opel.there must be a 1.8-2.0 opel up for test drive.well hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

drdre wrote:
    i have a credit card(actually 4:D )
    also have fuly comp on my car.
    this is sounds good.i have filled in my details on the form.so when they call me i will tell them im interested in buying a gti so please give me a opc to test drive:D .if they say no then i will just say alright then give me a normal astra sports:mad: .

has anyone rented the opel and had problems.

thanks
    You will not get an OPC...cop on wud ya lol They have a car from each model of the range....if you're going for the Astra it'll be the 1.4. They don't want to hear any cock n bull stories about buying a GTI(even if you are considering it)....

fletch wrote:
    You will not get an OPC...cop on wud ya lol They have a car from each model of the range....if you're going for the Astra it'll be the 1.4. They don't want to hear any cock n bull stories about buying a GTI(even if you are considering it)....
    aright i will give it a shot. but im really thinking of getting a gti.the opc really does look nice.and its 240bhp compared to a gti with 200bhp.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No donouts drdre! :D

Actually a 1.4 Astra will be a good bit zippier than the 1.4 Golf.

20% more engine power. 90 vs 75bhp I think.

No donouts drdre! :D

Actually a 1.4 Astra will be a good bit zippier than the 1.4 Golf.

20% more engine power. 90 vs 75bhp I think.

:D ,nice one.i wont be donuts in a rented car.id be ****ed if i crash it.and anyway i have coped on now.:confused: .i have learnt my bloody lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

just remember you will have a lonnggggg wait for the OPC

• Advertisement

blahblah06 wrote:
    just remember you will have a lonnggggg wait for the OPC

what do you mean?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

It's €25 to go on the dealers/Opel's insurance for the 3 days. The Astra is booked up weeeeellll in advance.
    I'm picking one (Astra Sport Hatch) up on Friday for the weekend. I rang about 3 weeks ago and there was only one weekend available before July :(

<edit>Dublin (South) region</edit>

drdre wrote:
    what do you mean?:cool:

if u want an opc with extras u will be looking at 3 - 6 months wait. some of the sports hatches have delays to. i ordered mine in oct and got it the end of march and that was even with my bro workin in opel pushing the order through. do a search for Opel go drive and u will see i aint the only one

WizZard wrote:
    It's €25 to go on the dealers/Opel's insurance for the 3 days. The Astra is booked up weeeeellll in advance.
    I'm picking one (Astra Sport Hatch) up on Friday for the weekend. I rang about 3 weeks ago and there was only one weekend available before July :(

<edit>Dublin (South) region</edit>

yes they rang me today but i couldnot answer the phone and the guy left a message and said call us back as astra is booked the date i want a car.i will call them tommorrow and book for another day.i donot mind any weekend will suit me.
    are you getting it from fri-mon
    can you only get it once ir can you get another 3 days again

blahblah06 wrote:
    if u want an opc with extras u will be looking at 3 - 6 months wait. some of the sports hatches have delays to. i ordered mine in oct and got it the end of march and that was even with my bro workin in opel pushing the order through. do a search for Opel go drive and u will see i aint the only one

thats a long wait.why did you prefer that to a gti.
    i love the look of the opc and also the bhp is higher than gti:D

exactly what you just said..

blahblah06 wrote:
    exactly what you just said..

theres afew on carzone.
    i love the blue once

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=348412

but for that money id buy a gti.it would be cheaper and if you pay 38k you can many extras on gti.like dsg gearbox

the only problem is ,will it hold its value.opel usually donot

the ones on carzone are basic models with NO EXTRAS. im not worried about value as i will get it back come trade in next yr thx to my bro. but if u need a good deal let me know and i will put u in touch with him

blahblah06 wrote:
    the ones on carzone are basic models with NO EXTRAS. im not worried about value as i will get it back come trade in next yr thx to my bro. but if u need a good deal let me know and i will put u in touch with him

what garage is he in? i will go for a test drive soon.to check it out and also check out the gti and see the difference.
    what extras did you get. i like the leather seats and the 19"alloys:eek:

dg opel. I wouldnt worry about the leather i didnt like that at all. there is a lot to choose from but remember the more u add the longer u wait

• Advertisement

blahblah06 wrote:
    dg opel. I wouldnt worry about the leather i didnt like that at all. there is a lot to choose from but remember the more u add the longer u wait

aright i will be around blanchardstown alot in the summer so i will pop into dg and test drive the opc.
    the wait sounds too long.a gti with all spec will take 12 weeks max.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Does anyone know the phone number for this? They rang me and left a message, but it got deleted, it was an 1850 number. Cheers.

Stekelly wrote:
    Does anyone know the phone number for this? They rang me and left a message, but it got deleted, it was an 1850 number. Cheers.
    thats exactly what happened to me and i havenot got around to calling them.what car were you trying to get.they told me astra is fully booked for a while:mad:

Advertisement