Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Poets

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I'm doin Bishop, Plath, Hopkins and either Donne or Longley.

Does nobody else love Hopkins?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i like his dark sonnets, think theyre cool.. but the others are a bit... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for my liking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

Im learning 4,which I'd be shocked if none came up:
    Bishop,Donne,Plath and Hardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

deisedolly wrote:
    I'm doin Bishop, Plath, Hopkins and either Donne or Longley.

Does nobody else love Hopkins?!

I do love Hopkins, he's quite brilliant.. the dark sonnets are amazing, the Wreck of the Deutschland (now that is long, don't believe it's on our course) is too, and as for Windhover, it's fantastic. I love that, with Hopkins, it's all about how the poem sounds more so than his subject matter.

And he manages to complain about everything as much as the rest of the poets, yet not sound nearly as whingy! Hoping he comes up! But I'll study all my poets I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I'm doing Plath and Bishop

and then Longley, Hardy and Hopkins.

At this stage it's just learning the 5 essays off by heart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

im thinking of just focusing on hardy and longley! is that a good idea do you guys think? im kinda short on time and want to cut as many shortcuts as possible!

Advertisement