Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful sectarianism

Options
  • 14-05-2006 5:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

We thought sectarianism in the north was abating!? (just to let you know this link has VERY strong language) http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=156959350

This is unbelievable, look at how young the age profile of those posters are. Their schoolkids! I genuinely beleived we had left this behind but now it seems a new generation of young ppl in the north are being corrupted by sectarianism and out and out rascism. The disturbing murder of the Catholic schoolboy in Ballymena has allowed tensions to flare again. I find some comments recently from both sides very disturbing. Ive come to the conclusion that the North has entred the hopeless stage.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

All the hate.

The people who commented on him with nasty remarks are just as bad. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

All the hate.

The people who commented on him with nasty remarks are just as bad. :p

There were comments from that particular site from Kids as young as 14 boasting that a Catholic had been murdered. Such hard men behind their keyboards:mad:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Not that I think it's appropriate to offer a child psychology lesson, but children always need something to identify with, and in the North, many otherwise decent kids get involved with a lot of this sort of sectarianism. I'd imagine that if their parents saw that they'd hit the roof. Don't worry, most of them will grow out of it.

Edit: Wait a second. Did this guy kill someone? If he did, then he deserves every bit of that abuse. What a fcuking dickhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Haha...Christopher Kerr has a head for smacking. Look at the stupid pic....This bebo thing is way over my head.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I genuinely can't work out if he actually did it or not. It's weird!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

The sectarianism is a legacy of a political system, which for so long was based on the idea that you only had rights if you were Protestant. While this is being dismantled, there are those who refuse to move with the times and insist on clinging on to sectarian hatreds that ultimately stem from a Master Race thesis which regards Irish Catholics as deserving only second-class status in terms of rights. The was the ideology of the British state in Ireland for centuries, but just because that has been fading for a fair while now doesn't yet mean this has filtered through to those who were historically encouraged by that State to oppress the native Irish Catholics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

He has been charged with murdering the 15 year old school boy. Him and another mate boasted about doing the deed on his bebo page, that is why the comments are so invective

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=285958052

This seems to be the page of the kid who was killed. The flash is very nice.

I actually got there by clicking into one of the killers friends to see if they were getting the same abuse just for being there and I find that the victim was a friend of hers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

but just because that has been fading for a fair while now doesn't yet mean this has filtered through to those who were historically encouraged by that State to oppress the native Irish Catholics

Your correct about the appauling descrimination visited upon Catholics by the N.I. government. But your post seems to imply that protestants aren`t native, can you please clarify your remarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Your correct about the appauling descrimination visited upon Catholics by the N.I. government. But your post seems to imply that protestants aren`t native, can you please clarify your remarks.

Good luck on trying to get that!

• Advertisement

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=492873783

Another one them it would seem.

How many were arrested?

Well it appears these two are getting a LOT of attention!!!

Am I the only person finding it difficult to read their comments....they have a keyboard to use after all!!!

One of the comments:
    am a catholic too gon murder me n c wat u get!!!!!! *** u. ****

Have to say I'm finding this all very intriguing. This is pretty much my first experience of bebo...

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=469748111 This guy is a friend of Micky's and seems to be a brother of one of the alledged attackers...

fade2black wrote:
    One of the comments:

A follwed some of the posters from the 2 alleged murders pages and just saw more hatefull comments!

Scary stuff allright and it will take generations to heal the rift which currently exists between Nationalists/Republicans and Unionists/Loyalists!!!!

fade2black wrote:

Twisted, the whole lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

I was referring to a timespan over centuries, when most of the Protestants on this island would have been English and Scottish people. While in the South, I have no problem seeing Protestants born here as "native", I find it harder with regard to most Northern Protestants - not for sectarian reasons on my part - but because they have always maintained their "Britishness" ina very in your face way. In a UI, I would accept them as part of the Irish nation, provided they do not actively oppose the State by violent means. I would have no hesitation in regarding Northern Protestants who support a United Ireland, such as Stephen Rea and Tom Paulin, as "native" because they are not part of this mindset. But if someone does not even feel Irish, then how can I be expected to regard them as being native Irish?

The Northern Unionist community largely seem to regard themselves as Eternal Planters, and the Catholics as the "natives".

I hope I've clarified my position AngelofFire.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's perfectly clear to me. You need a dictionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I noticed they all seemed to have gone to the same school at some stage. it would be nice to know what actually happened. It's fairly sad and weird watching all this bebo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Excuse my ignorance, it seems ive been living uunder a rock, but what actually happened, and when?

• Advertisement

Some backround here and here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

A 15 year old lad was killed basically for being catholic by ignorant wankstains. The first link on the first page of this thread is the guy who was charged with the murder. The second guy charged is further down the page (not sure what link sorry) but to make matters worse they had bragged on their bebo pages of carrying out the act

If you check out the links you can see the general hatred for them through comments on their pages (alot of these comments were left when they had the info up they have taken it down now)

Have the braggings been removed?

I was referring to a timespan over centuries, when most of the Protestants on this island would have been English and Scottish people. While in the South, I have no problem seeing Protestants born here as "native", I find it harder with regard to most Northern Protestants - not for sectarian reasons on my part - but because they have always maintained their "Britishness" ina very in your face way. In a UI, I would accept them as part of the Irish nation, provided they do not actively oppose the State by violent means. I would have no hesitation in regarding Northern Protestants who support a United Ireland, such as Stephen Rea and Tom Paulin, as "native" because they are not part of this mindset. But if someone does not even feel Irish, then how can I be expected to regard them as being native Irish?

The Northern Unionist community largely seem to regard themselves as Eternal Planters, and the Catholics as the "natives".

This is the one thing that really annoys me up there with regard to some of the protestants. Their not even bloody Irish, their ancestors were planted up there from Scotland. Paisley for example, a feckin Scottish county! I mean they enjoy acting like d**kheads most of the time not even acknowledging that they were born on the Island of Ireland......Instead they want to be called 'Ulster feckin Scots' - what the hell does that mean. And lets not forget the sly form of ethnic cleansing of the natives these 'Ulster scots' got up to in the late sixties burning their Catholic neighbours out and the Catholics having to flee down here as refugees. I mean the bastardness of it all is unreal.

Just had to get that off my chest;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭cil_aine

c'mon now, at the end of the day a kids dead leave all the "we were/n't here first **** for another time.

fade2black wrote:
    Have the braggings been removed?

Yes and the PSNI are investigating the braggings. Whether all this bebo thing comes out in court is another matter. I surprised bebo has not pulled the pages of the guys charged with the murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭SeanW

Yeah, every post in there seems to be some variation of 1337speak.

Do you have a link to the info about the chargings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

http://www.itn.co.uk/news/111820.html

this link is a bit old but i thought it should be included as it contains information about the killing itself

looking for links about the charges now

edit: found a link or two no names bein mentioned though sure they cant if one of the accused is 15

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/story.jsp?story=690418

gonna include this last link as it contains information which truly portrays the ignorance of his killers will let you read it for yourself

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2091-2179649,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

so much hate. those guys probably wont even see it anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement