Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Skate Info

Options
  • 14-05-2006 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Ok, so I've never been to a skatepark before.Except Ramp and Rail once, which was too crowded I felt.

Anyway, what's the inside scoop with this place in Kilkenny? What kind of folk skate there? Is it full of kids? Do they make you wear a helmet if you're over 18? Do they charge to get in? is it a public park or what?

Cheers for the info dudes.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭boarderco

hey the parks usually pretty empty and is deffinently worth a trip down.
    some of the course is being redone , but is still skateable.
    helmet rule applies and pads n helmet for under 18s i think.
    its not much euros to skate and ya can go gokarting aswell!
    ph: 0567768914
    peace out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

Cool, what's the deal with not laughing at out of practice 24 year olds? Also, on the CyberWeb it lists like five different names and regions for where the park is at, is it best to go through Carlow or through New Ross?

Cheers!

PS: I have some seats in the car, so any Dublin/Wicklow peeps want to split petrol money, hit me up wit a pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

Well.Yea the park is really good.I was there today and there were only 2 other people.Its 2.50 for an hour or 12.50 for the whole day although i was there for around 2 hours and only paid 2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Any idea when the rest of the big half of the skate park will be ready,I hear ye are the guy's building it?Is there going to be a mini ramp?

• Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭boarderco

well one of the ramps is kinda done as u can see. handrail still has to be put in. there is going to be a mini ramp, about 4 feet tall. made from concrete.
    also theres going to be a driveway/manualpad/block obsticle thats got sh*tload to skate and more. all in good time as they say.

whats made.:
    http://web.mac.com/waynegzworld/iWeb/boarderco/Blog/Blog.html

• Advertisement

So I'm gonna head down on th 7th of June...what'll be done by then? And where is the park exactly? Thomastown?

The Quarry rocks! The only other guy there was 33, so I didn't feel too old at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

boarderco wrote:
    well one of the ramps is kinda done as u can see. handrail still has to be put in. there is going to be a mini ramp, about 4 feet tall. made from concrete.
    also theres going to be a driveway/manualpad/block obsticle thats got sh*tload to skate and more. all in good time as they say.

whats made.:
    http://web.mac.com/waynegzworld/iWeb/boarderco/Blog/Blog.html

Nice one,the sooner the better as they say,in another few months there will be a lot of skateparks about.
    I was there June weekend,it was so hot and I was the only one there,had to take alot of breaks because of the heat.Then me back started to give me trouble so I headed away,before I fall and make it worse.It wasnt riding the park that caused but heavy lifting at work the evening before.

Advertisement