Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tweaked Bios won't save after power down

Options
  • 14-05-2006 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Getting really pissed with Asus and I'm considering fing this Board out too!!

The BIos in the A8n32sli delux is fantastic, maybe a little toooo much! flashed it to the latest version.

The problem is :-

1. CMOS will not save after reboot and goes back to default.
    2. I've replaced the battery and no change
    3. All jumpers ar ein the right place

Is there something I am missing ? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Did you clear the bios then load optimized defaults after the bios Flash?

If you didnt do it now.

Its probably just a bit confused

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

conzymaher wrote:
    Did you clear the bios then load optimized defaults after the bios Flash?

If you didnt do it now.

Its probably just a bit confused

I flashed
    loaded
    tweaked bios
    f10
    restarted
    works
    close XP
    power off pc and plug out
    restart
    bios boots default settings
    no previuos settings saveed :-(

Clear the bios and take out the battery for ~5 minutes.

Then load optimized defaults.

Where did you get the battery? was it just lying around? is it the same voltage as the old on:eek:

Do you have a multimeter to test the battery?

will do so ! any keep you posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Did you get this sorted - I have a similar problem now.

• Advertisement

Simona1986 wrote:
    Did you get this sorted - I have a similar problem now.

yup replaced the mobo ! was faulty

But it worked fine before you flashed the BIOS? Exact same thing here. Don't think I can RMA as I changed the chipset cooler.

*Cough* DFI *Cough* :D

Flash the bios back to the previous one. You did back up the original didnt you:p

Bios upgrades are unneccesary and dangerous unless they address a probem your having and or give better support for your components........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

did you flash your cozzy to the new 1 ??

Crucial Ballistix used to have problems with DFI boards but the Bios that addressed the problem came with my board so I never had to flash it.........

And if i did flash the Bios I would have to do all my overclocking again, and I might not even reach 3ghz again......

Newer does not mean better in the world of Bioses:D

P.s The only bios I ever flashed was on my Dad's ASUS A8N-E so that it would detect the opteron 148 correctly, which reminds me I have to start overclocking that again :D

• Advertisement

conzymaher wrote:
    Crucial Ballistix used to have problems with DFI boards but the Bios that addressed the problem came with my board so I never had to flash it.........

And if i did flash the Bios I would have to do all my overclocking again, and I might not even reach 3ghz again......

Newer does not mean better in the world of Bioses:D

P.s The only bios I ever flashed was on my Dad's ASUS A8N-E so that it would detect the opteron 148 correctly, which reminds me I have to start overclocking that again :D

LOL nice pc for your dad.

Yup, He runs really demanding apps such as Microsoft word and Excel:D

It has a gig of tccd OCZ platinium Rev 2 aswell :D

If i go dual core with my rig, I might swap my ballistix for the OCZ platinium as it will do 300mhz plus, where as the ballistix needs 2.9 volts to do 280 and it gets very hot.........

conzymaher wrote:
    *Cough* DFI *Cough* :D

Flash the bios back to the previous one. You did back up the original didnt you:p

Bios upgrades are unneccesary and dangerous unless they address a probem your having and or give better support for your components........
    Mine is an MSI, leaving the CMOS overnight with the hope it will work then. If not I'll resort back to the previous. Need 2.8V iirc for the ram to reacj 300Mhz - damn 3000+ with the low multi.

how'd it go ?

btw where can I buy a CMOS battery in Dublin for an A8N SLi DElux?

It didn't - tried a different BIOS and it was grand though.
    I flashed the BIOS so I could give the ram more voltage so it could reach it's rated speed. Now with the voltage upped, system won't boot over 250mhz htt without the memory on a divider. I think it's the board holding me back because the memory is rated for 300mhz:confused:

nice memory.

In theory lol

Simona1986 wrote:
    It didn't - tried a different BIOS and it was grand though.
    I flashed the BIOS so I could give the ram more voltage so it could reach it's rated speed. Now with the voltage upped, system won't boot over 250mhz htt without the memory on a divider. I think it's the board holding me back because the memory is rated for 300mhz:confused:

getting the same problem on another Board now! WTF !! CMOS will not save on power down !! what can I do :-(

Advertisement