Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Team next Season

• 14-05-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Ok I thought it might be fun if we imagined what our teams would look like next season. Hopefully Spurs would look like this:

Robinson
    chimbonda---king--dawson
    bridge--
    lennon
    carrick--jenas
    downing-
    berbatov--keane
    Squad:
    Defoe
    Lee Bernard
    Mido
    Taino
    Ghaly
    Routeledge
    Lee
    Murphy
    Davenport
    Stalteri
    Gardner
    Huddlestone
    Reid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Liverpool:

Reina
    Finnan-Carra-Hyypia-Aurielo
    Sissoko-Alonso
    SWP
    Gonzalez
    Gerrard

Kuyt

Squad:
    Carson
    Riise
    Kromkamp
    Agger
    Paletta
    Kewell
    Pennant
    Zenden
    Hamann
    Defoe
    Fowler
    Crouch

probably forgot a few...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Call_me_al wrote:
    Liverpool:

Reina
    Finnan-Carra-Hyypia-Aurielo
    Sissoko-Alonso
    SWP
    Gonzalez
    Gerrard

Kuyt

Squad:
    Carson
    Riise
    Kromkamp
    Agger
    Paletta
    Kewell
    Pennant
    Zenden
    Hamann
    Defoe
    Fowler

probably forgot a few...
    SWP....NO WAY...!!!:rolleyes:

Simao and/or Joaquin for that position.
    Pauletta would be nice....I wonder how much Luca Toni would cost? (Dream on)

simao will not be joining, and it would be unlikely jaoquin would either. also if either become available chelsea will want to get their greedy mitts on em too...

whats wrong with SWP?

luca toni is 29, bit old for the money fiorentina will want for him, especially if he has a good WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Call_me_al wrote:
    simao will not be joining, and it would be unlikely jaoquin would either. also if either become available chelsea will want to get their greedy mitts on em too...
    Ya but the OP said to imagine your team....I can still dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

man utd

VDS
    neville--ferdinand--vidic--heinze
    diarra----scholes
    ronaldo
    lennon
    rooney

RVN

squad
    brown
    pique
    bardsley
    eagles
    reo-coker
    giggs
    saha
    rossi
    torres

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Sorensen

Hughes
    Mellberg
    Laursen
    Fortune

Milner
    Dacourt
    Davis
    Barry

Forssell
    Baros

Squad:
    Taylor
    Cahill
    Lescott
    Bouma
    Delaney
    McCann
    Bakke
    Berger
    Okocha
    Craig Gardner
    Whittingham
    Phillips
    L.Moore
    Agbonlahor

Out:
    Hendrie
    Angel
    De La Cruz
    J L Samuel
    Ridgewell (Loan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Playboy wrote:
    Ok I thought it might be fun if we imagined what our teams would look like next season. Hopefully Spurs would look like this:

Robinson
    chimbonda---king--dawson
    bridge--
    lennon
    carrick--jenas
    downing-
    berbatov--keane
    Squad:
    Defoe
    Lee Bernard
    Mido
    Taino
    Ghaly
    Routeledge
    Lee
    Murphy
    Davenport
    Stalteri
    Gardner
    Huddlestone
    Reid

i like it!

but id probably get rid of defoe, routledge and reid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Boruc
    Wilson
    CB
    CB
    Kadlec
    Nakamura---Keane---Malbranque---Maloney
    Kranjcar

Zurawski

Malbranque's probably a bit of a long shot to go to the SPL but I can always hope. :) Coleman wants Petrov and I'm sure he'd trade Malbranque for him considering the length's of the contracts. I can't see Malbranque joining though.

Kadlec is a 21 year old left back of Sparta Prague who looks to be joining in the next week.

A new signing is needed for CB and can partner one from Kennedy/Balde/Caldwell/McManus/Virgo.

Kranjcar is very highly rated in Croatia and will be in the team for the world cup. The likes of Lyon are after him but Celtic reps have been in Croatia and it looks like a bid will be placed.

McGeady, Riordan, Beattie, Miller and Hartson as backup for the forward players. In saying that, Strachan will play Hartson and Lennon next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

:p

Reina
    Finnan---Carragher---Hyypia----Agger
    Riise
    Pennant---Sissoko----Gerrard----Alonso---Gonzales

Squad:

Carson
    Krompkamp
    Warnock
    Paletta
    Hamann
    Zenden
    Garcia
    Fowler
    Crouch
    + another 2 from the u18s

Out:

Dudek
    Traore
    Kewell
    Sinama-Pongolle
    La Tallec
    Cisse
    Morientes

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Couldnt care less about the Leeds team as long as we are in the Premiership and sign both Miller and Douglas on permanent deals. Roll on Sunday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Given
    Carr
    Gallas
    Moore
    W. Bridge
    Solano
    Emre
    Parker
    N'Zogbia
    Luque

Owen

Subs:
    Harper
    Bramble
    Boumsong
    Mido
    Yakubu
    Dyer
    Pennant
    Brittan
    Pattison
    Chopra
    Ramage
    Bowyer
    Faye
    Ameobi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Solano ahead of penant?!

Solano ahead of penant?!
    Eh, yeah for next season anyway. Then I'm sure Solano will only be used as an impact sub.

Solano's deadball skills plus his creative passing put him in there for me.
    Bring on Pennant for the last 20 minutes to stretch the defence when they are getting tired.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pennant being touted as the answer to a top premiership team's problems, chuckle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hmm....

VDS
    Neville
    Rio
    Vidic----Heinze--
    Diarra

Scholes---Reo-Coker
    ----Ronaldo
    Giggs

Rooney

Could probably think of a few others, this just came off the top of my head. I know it's dangerous thinking about 4-5-1 after the fiasco it caused during the season, but I think with some quality midfielders we'd have the players to make it work. To be honest though I'd rather two up top.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Reina

Aurelio
    Finnan
    Carra
    Hyypia / Agger

Gonzalez
    Pennant
    Sissoko
    Alonso

Gerrard
    Kujit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

^^^ drop scholes from that team maybe and have the other striker (RVN maybe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

evilhomer wrote:

Given
    Carr
    Gallas
    Moore
    W. Bridge
    Solano
    Emre
    Parker
    N'Zogbia
    Luque

Owen

optimistic! Gallas wants to go to a top club, bridge is possibility though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

***********Edwin Van Der Sar****************

***Neville***Ferdinand***Vidic***Heinze********

***Joaquin***Diarra***Scholes***Duff*******
    (kaka) (vicente)

******************Rooney****************

******************Torres****************

Subs:
    Howard
    Brown
    Evra
    Ronaldo
    Ji Sung Park
    Vicente
    kaka
    Saha
    Rossi

I dont think Ruud Van Nielstrooy will back next season as we all know. I'm sick of the way Fergie has treated all the BIG players who have left and done no wrong...( Barthez, Stam, Keane, Cole, Yorke, Beckham) to name a few. I think after next season if we have another like the last two he should walk.....

I would love see Joaquin and Torres at manutd and maybe duff or vicente. I see all this talk about pennant going to l'pool and as much as i love to see them lose, i think he would be a terrible signing, he can't cross the ball to say his life...a bit like ronaldo of UTD.

I'd avoid things like SWP to Liverpool and Duff to United etc. If they do leave I couldn't see them being sold to Chelsea's nearest rivals.

• Advertisement

p_larkin99 wrote:
    optimistic! Gallas wants to go to a top club, bridge is possibility though

Hey a guy can dream :)

Bridge is a definite possibility, at the minute Babayaro is a liability and Rob Elliot is useless cover at left back.

I think with a centre-half like Gallas and a fit Luque and Owen we would have a real shot at a top 4 finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Given
    Carr - Gallas - Bramble - Bridge
    Solano - Parker - Emre - N'zogbia
    Gudjohnsen Owen

Subs
    harper
    dyer
    luque
    ameobi
    moore
    babayaro
    ramage
    yakubu
    Milner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

***********Edwin Van Der Sar****************

***Neville***Ferdinand***Vidic***Heinze********

***Joaquin***Diarra***Scholes***Duff*******
    (kaka) (vicente)

******************Rooney****************

******************Torres****************

Subs:
    Howard
    Brown
    Evra
    Ronaldo
    Ji Sung Park
    Vicente
    kaka
    Saha
    Rossi

I dont think Ruud Van Nielstrooy will back next season as we all know. I'm sick of the way Fergie has treated all the BIG players who have left and done no wrong...( Barthez, Stam, Keane, Cole, Yorke, Beckham) to name a few. I think after next season if we have another like the last two he should walk.....

I would love see Joaquin and Torres at manutd and maybe duff or vicente. I see all this talk about pennant going to l'pool and as much as i love to see them lose, i think he would be a terrible signing, he can't cross the ball to say his life...a bit like ronaldo of UTD.

I likes your thinking! very strong squad! be great if united start next year with a squad like or similar to that 1! we can all dream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

*******************Cech****************

**Ferreira******* Carvalho***Terry*** *** Ashely Cole********

******************Makalele****************

***Duff / Robben*********Lampard*******Ballack*********

*************************Joe Cole****************

******************Shevchencko / Tevez ****************

Subs:

Huth
    Cudicini
    Drogba
    SWP
    C Cole
    Geremi
    Gudjonson
    Del Horno
    Essien

+ 10 or so other internationals to keep competition keen.

I know people will say that's a boring team but it's not too bad really ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

TBH I haven't a clue who Hughes is going to sign. He has a habit of pulling unknown names from nowhere but hopefully this season he'll get a bit of cash after the UEFA Cup qualification.

One thing I do know is that Bellamy has been linked with Spurs and Liverpool in the last week.

I'd rather he stay than Blackburn sign any player.

You should probably check out your stats before you post. Pennant had the best cross completion percentage in the EPL last season. He can cross a ball better than most in the premiership.

Melion wrote:
    You should probably check out your stats before you post. Pennant had the best cross completion percentage in the EPL last season. He can cross a ball better than most in the premiership.

I watched birmingham play last season and everytime he got the ball, he could'nt cross to save his life. The stats mean nothing at the end of the day.... he may have crossed the ball 50 times, but how many goals did they score or chances did they create?? I think he is a good player, but not good enough for liverpool ( thats a MANUTD fan's view) but if you really want liverpool to sign him, no probs....I hope they do as he will be only be another harry kewell.....

I watched birmingham play last season and everytime he got the ball, he could'nt cross to save his life. The stats mean nothing at the end of the day.... he may have crossed the ball 50 times, but how many goals did they score or chances did they create?? I think he is a good player, but not good enough for liverpool ( thats a MANUTD fan's view) but if you really want liverpool to sign him, no probs....I hope they do as he will be only be another harry kewell.....

He had the best cross completion percentage, meaning that he had the most succesful crossing rate. Its not his fault that they were falling to shít strikers that couldnt finish their dinner.
    I think he's a great player and to get him for £3-£5m is a snip, he would definitely take over from Beckham on the right side for England if he was at a big club.

Melion wrote:
    He had the best cross completion percentage, meaning that he had the most succesful crossing rate. Its not his fault that they were falling to shít strikers that couldnt finish their dinner.
    I think he's a great player and to get him for £3-£5m is a snip, he would definitely take over from Beckham on the right side for England if he was at a big club.

Ha Ha, odn't make me laugh. beckham gets a lot of stick and probably rightly so, but he is still a good player and 10 times what pennent will ever me. If pennent is so good, then why did Arsenal and Wenger let him leave? Wenger knows talent when he see's it, you only have to look at the arsenal youths coming throuh. Even if pennent was at a bigger club, he still wont get his game for england. I think he's slightly over rated, but it makes me laugh all the l'pool fans saying he would be a great signing...." another kewell" will see if l'pool sign him judge him end of the season ( if he's still there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

If pennent is so good, then why did Arsenal and Wenger let him leave?
    It was more to do with his off the field antics than his ability.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

VDS

RVN-Shevchenko-Henry-Eto'o-Adriano-Rooney-Saha-Rossi-Torres-Klose

ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

" another kewell" will see if l'pool sign him judge him end of the season ( if he's still there)

Kewell was a great player WHEN he signed for liverpool. Somethings gone wrong since;)

Ha Ha, odn't make me laugh. beckham gets a lot of stick and probably rightly so, but he is still a good player and 10 times what pennent will ever me. If pennent is so good, then why did Arsenal and Wenger let him leave? Wenger knows talent when he see's it, you only have to look at the arsenal youths coming throuh. Even if pennent was at a bigger club, he still wont get his game for england. I think he's slightly over rated, but it makes me laugh all the l'pool fans saying he would be a great signing...." another kewell" will see if l'pool sign him judge him end of the season ( if he's still there)

If SWP had stayed at City i think he would be very close to taking Beckhams place this summer. That hasnt happened, Pennant is a class player and Beckham is going to be replaced in the next 2 years and it will be either Pennant or SWP. If SWP stays at Chelsea and Pennant joins us, i know who my money would be on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Altheus

Spurs should....

Sell: Reid, Stalteri, Routledge and Defoe (I estimate the best part of £20m)

Buy Mido at discount after he returns to Serie A overweight and unwanted. (£3.5M)

I reckon a £12m bid for Duff, to prise him away from Chelsea (Duff and Keano ... hell yes)

8M for Eidur Gudjohnsen

Chimbonda for £6m is a lot, I'd prefer to see that money spent on someone younger, like Vanden Borre, or perhaps see how some of the African/Asian nations shape up in the world cup.

Bring in Wayne Bridge at left back, at any cost.

Leave the 4th striker spot for Tomas Pekhart, El Ham, and Barnard to take up.

GK: Robinson
    LB: Bridge
    CB: King
    CB: Dawson
    RB: Vanden Borre
    LW: Duff
    AM: Jenas / Gudjohnsen
    DM: Carrick
    RW: Lennon
    CF: Berbatov
    CF: Keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Melion wrote:
    If SWP had stayed at City i think he would be very close to taking Beckhams place this summer. That hasnt happened, Pennant is a class player and Beckham is going to be replaced in the next 2 years and it will be either Pennant or SWP. If SWP stays at Chelsea and Pennant joins us, i know who my money would be on

I am sorry pennant does not have the discipline to become an international class player. Its going to be very difficult to play at the highest level with an electronic tag on each leg, and a naggin of vodka down his shorts...

• Advertisement

tred wrote:
    I am sorry pennant does not have the discipline to become an international class player. Its going to be very difficult to play at the highest level with an electronic tag on each leg, and a naggin of vodka down his shorts...

What has his off-field behaviour got to do with his match performances? Of all managers, id expect Rafa to calm him down quicker than most

I'd love to see Blackburn get Pennant. Hughes has done a good job of calming Bellamy, Todd and Savage and I expect he'd do the same with Pennant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Melion wrote:
    What has his off-field behaviour got to do with his match performances? Of all managers, id expect Rafa to calm him down quicker than most

it actually has everything the fact that hes allready gotten a few warnings from bruce says it all, after he ressurected his career. I dont think Jermaine pennant is liverpoools answer. they should push the boat and try and sign Duff. he needs saving from chlelsea and his a pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Casillas

Salgado
    Ramos
    Mejia
    Del Horno

Beckham--Gravesen-Helguera

Baptista

Robinho
    Ronaldo

(GK
    RB-CB-CB-LB
    DM-DM-DM
    AMF
    Shadow striker
    striker)

SUBS:
    Lopez
    Pavon
    Juanito
    Garcia
    Raul
    Guti
    Cassano

Carlos looks like he is going to Chelsea, and Del Horno is supposed to be involved in coming to the Bernabeu. Hopefully this team would be good enough to win something next term.

Squad is a LOT younger than a few years back.

tred wrote:
    it actually has everything the fact that hes allready gotten a few warnings from bruce says it all, after he ressurected his career. I dont think Jermaine pennant is liverpoools answer. they should push the boat and try and sign Duff. he needs saving from chlelsea and his a pro.

Gonzalez
    Riise
    Kewell
    Aurelio

The last thing we need is another left sided player

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

also zenden

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

**********Abbiati***********
    Oddo***Gallas**Nesta***Kaladze

***********Pirlo************

Gattauso*************De Rossi

**********Kaka************

******Gilardino**Torres*******

Subs:
    Inzaghi
    Pozzi
    Seedorf
    Dida
    Maldini
    Flavalli
    Cafu
    Jankulovski
    Vogel
    Ambrosini
    Serginho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

The Hammers '06-07

***************Carroll***************

L.Young**A.Ferdinand**Gabbidon**Konchesky

Benayoun**Mullins**Reo-Coker***Etherington

*******Ashton************C.Cole******

If not Luke Young, then Glen Johnson. I don't think Scaloni will stay

Bench:
    Hislop
    Collins
    Harewood
    Zamora
    Fletcher

The Hammers '06-07

***************Carroll***************

L.Young**A.Ferdinand**Gabbidon**Konchesky

Benayoun**Mullins**Reo-Coker***Etherington

*******Ashton************C.Cole******

If not Luke Young, then Glen Johnson. I don't think Scaloni will stay

Bench:
    Hislop
    Collins
    Harewood
    Zamora
    Fletcher
    Carlton Cole ahead of Harewood :confused:

and zamora, both much better and are least proven strikers. anyway rumour has it Scaloni has been offered a contract!?! I really dont think the team can be improved that much, just let them mature next season - possibly mullins could be replaced though.

Isnt Maxi Lopez signing for 7m this summer? I thought they agreed that during the Jan transfer window, but put the deal of to the summer. They hardly need anymore strikers.

Whatever happened to that Katan fella that signed? He cost quite a bit didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Katan is apparently leaving...didn't cost a lot at all. £100k according to the club website

As for Harewood, I have a feeling that he might have been 'found out' by defenders now but Pardew is a big fan, so you may be right...

I personally rate Zamora but I don't feel that Pards rates him as highly as me!

Maxi Lopez, not a clue :confused: Benni McCarthy was the big name being bandied about in January...

There's no definite news on Scaloni (well - not from the club anyway) but Luke Young has certainly been a target for a while now

Del

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Turns out I may have been a tad too fast in replacing shevchenko, Milan just offered him a two year extension...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Melion wrote:
    what about Lennon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This isn't Beckham's last tournie.
    He is still playing at the top level for Real Madrid, with many top class preformances.

I think we could see him retire after the next Euro championships.

• Advertisement
Advertisement