Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MIMO (SRX) router with 802.11g clients?

• 14-05-2006 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to improve the wireless coverage in my house, not neccessarily increase the range but the two seem to go hand in hand.

All my clients are 802.11g, and there's a PSP (802.11b) that occasionaly hits the network.

At the moment I'm using the Netopia 3347WG router and the reception in my study is reported as being excellent, but the ping times from the PC to the router are 19ms. I would like to get a proper 1ms ping across the network and I'm wondering if it's worth investing in a better router. I was thinking of the new Linksys with SRX400 (MIMO).

Any ideas if it makes a difference for 802.11g clients, or do you have to get pre-n (MIMO) cards as well?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

TBH, you might not se much of an improvement. I'd recommend setting up a second 802.11g access point somewhere else in your house to increase coverage. You can do that either with WDS repeater mode, or by wiring it up with ethernet.

Advertisement