Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Belkin modem and Eircom 3meg broadband

• 14-05-2006 8:31pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I bought a Belkin Wireless PRE-N router in argos and just cant get it to connect to eircom, I bought the Belkin ADSL Router and 4x USB Wifi yokes lol but couldn't get anywhere.
    Called eircom, was greeted by we dont support other modems except netopia etc... Ring Belkin, This is where the fun started :D I was told by a guy with little or no english to "plug filter" on box, OK, Did that and it did nothing.
    Now my problem (Just tellin yaz i did contact the experts lol):
    * Used eircoms setting explicitly here,
    Nothing. Tryed all settings no luck. I used the PPPoE option btw

Now I don't expect any luck with this one, but does anyone have a clue how to setup this router ? Otherwise It'll be returned ;)

Thanks

Nick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I had a similar problem earlier in the year:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054867269

There seems to be an issue with Belkin kit working with Eircom DSL. Take it back, and perhaps try a linksys one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Yakuza wrote:
    I had a similar problem earlier in the year:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054867269

There seems to be an issue with Belkin kit working with Eircom DSL. Take it back, and perhaps try a linksys one.
    Thanks for the response, I'm blaming eircom for this as why shouldn't it work? Its a more powerfull modem prob thats why,

Thanks m8

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

yoyo wrote:
    Thanks for the response, I'm blaming eircom for this as why shouldn't it work? Its a more powerfull modem prob thats why,

Thanks m8

Nick

:rolleyes: Do a search on BELKIN ARE CR@P in this forum and you'll see why it doesn't work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

:rolleyes: Do a search on BELKIN ARE CR@P in this forum and you'll see why it doesn't work.
    http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=1853

Not according to here, if the thing wont connect, its the eircom line problem, not the modem, is eircoms netopia wireless one any good? Its being split amoung 4 pcs so it better be up to the task, I think knocking Belkin is unfair, so what their support is bad, but if this modem works fine everywhere else surely its coz theres a problem with eircoms line...

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Point is that there products are CR@P, the telephone support I hear is pretty good but that still doesn't make up for rubbish equipment that forces you to ring the support line in the first place. If you read the posts in this forum you will see that a large number of them involve problems with Belkin equipment and personally I'm P'd off that people are still buying them coz it shows they are not doing the research, but hey keep the Q's coming gives us all the mental workout we need to stay sharp.

LOL Did you even read the customer reviews of the product that you linked to? One had config problems and another returned it and got a real router (linksys)!

• Advertisement
Advertisement