Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NE Wicklow GBS Live In Kilmacanogue

Options
  • 14-05-2006 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

just to let you know that Regional Broadband, the suppliers for the NE Wicklow GBS, connected the first customers to their service in Kilmacanogue on Friday.

This marks a major milestone in the rollout of the service to the people in NE Wicklow who have been denied a service due to location, or poor copper, for so long.

Regional have had to overcome many, many obstacles to bring the service to Kilmac and I'd like to thank them for the great work they have done.

I'd also like to thank the folks at IOFFL, especially Muck/Sponge Bob, Viking and Eamonn for their help and encouragement.

I'd like to pay special thanks to Adam Beecher for his very generous help with our website.

I know there is a lot of interest in Kilcoole and other areas under the scheme and I'll be updating the people who have expressed an interest from those areas later in the week as to when the service is planned to go live in their locale.

Cheers

M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Great news Mark, your group's perseverence paid off!!

How's the service working for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Hi Gareth,

I'm not serviced by the Kilmac highsite, I'm hoping that the one which I'll get my link from will go live next week,

Can't wait

M.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Well Done Mark!!!

Its getting closer to me everyday!! ;)

Advertisement