Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conditioner Treatment?

• 14-05-2006 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest a really good conditioning treatment? I am currently weaning myself of the GHD but my hair has suffered and any conditioners I have tried are either useless and make my hair drier than it was or makes my hair super greasy!
    Suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Revlon do a fabulous leave on conditioner spray that you use after shampoo but leave on. You can only get it from salons. You only need the tiniest amount. I'm just back from the South of France and the hairdresser used it on my hair. I'm quite blonde and I've never seen my hair so shiny!! I bought a bottle, it was around €20. Not sure of the name of it, can check it this evening for you, but it's really good. Leaves your hair in fab condition without making it dry or oily.

PS - here it is!!!! They do different ones for dry/coloured/sun-exposed/fine etc hair

http://www.ukhairdressers.com/store/details.asp?ID=RevEquaveC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I agree with Miss Fluff, that spray is great. I've been using it the past few years, and even though I haven't seen my natural colour in about 10 years, my hair is in good nick considering all of the abuse it gets.
    I also use the conditioner from that range, well it's a mask but I use it as an everyday conditioner.
    http://www.ukhairdressers.com/store/details.asp?ID=RevlonEquaveMask
    You can get the spray or the mask in hairdressing supply shops for a lot cheaper than the salons..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Aussie 3 minute miracle...I usually leave it in for about 10mins at leats once a week to give my tresses the care they deserrve!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I've started using the pantene cashmere feel treatment, it's really good and I think about €6.

I also like John Frieda's deep conditioner in the sheer blonde range, can't think of its name atm though. My sister has thick frizzy hair which gets a lot of ghd abuse, and she swears by charles worthington's results leave-in conditioner. She's been using it for about five years, I reckon.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I suffer from the same predicament as the OP, and I found the John Frieda stuff made my hair really really greasy. I just started using Kerastase Resistance treatment, (18 euro in Peter Marks) I've only used it twice but hopefully after a few more applications I'll notice the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭lost_for_words

Thanks for suggestions :) I'm not a fan of John Frieda or Pantene (apparantly the chemicals in pantene are awful) but Revlon are usually good for make up so I might give their hair products a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Aveda do BRILLIANT conditioners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Dizzy Lass

I use L'Oreal Elvive Nutri Gloss Shampoo & Conditioner (the MIRROR SHINE, CASHMERE TOUCH ones) every second day for washing & conditioning my hair then give my hair a twice weekly treatment using Kerastase Nutritive Masquintense for Fine Hair (20e in Peter Marks)

In a month i've noticed improvement in my hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

panda100 wrote:
    Aussie 3 minute miracle...I usually leave it in for about 10mins at leats once a week to give my tresses the care they deserrve!
    Oh yeah - LOVE IT

:p

I agree with Miss Fluff, that spray is great. I've been using it the past few years, and even though I haven't seen my natural colour in about 10 years, my hair is in good nick considering all of the abuse it gets.
    I also use the conditioner from that range, well it's a mask but I use it as an everyday conditioner.
    http://www.ukhairdressers.com/store/details.asp?ID=RevlonEquaveMask
    You can get the spray or the mask in hairdressing supply shops for a lot cheaper than the salons..

Got the mask, it's fantastic, can't get over how soft my hair is after first use, thanks for the tip :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Oooh, glad you like it!!! I've been using it too and everyone has been commenting on how shiny my hair is.....no mean feat when you're blonde ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

panda100 wrote:

Another vote for the 3 minute miracle here, smells lush and does the job as well. They also have a leave in conditioner which is great too. I find both these products really useful on holidays when my hair gets knotted or dried out from salt water and sun.
    Think I will give that Revlon a go as well though! Does anyone know of salons in Dublin that stock it?

smurfbaby wrote:
    Another vote for the 3 minute miracle here, smells lush and does the job as well. They also have a leave in conditioner which is great too. I find both these products really useful on holidays when my hair gets knotted or dried out from salt water and sun.
    Think I will give that Revlon a go as well though! Does anyone know of salons in Dublin that stock it?

I used the link above I think it works out cheaper than buying in a salon and it was here within two days coming from England.

Advertisement