Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No emotion any more

• 14-05-2006 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This might be a lot less serious than most of the posts on here, but anyway I'll just give it a go to get it off my chest at least. My background is I have been dumped 3 times (for different reasons) in the last year by girls I really loved and wanted relationships with. The latest being just a few weeks ago. Since then I have become very apathetic and don't feel anything at all be it happy or sad. Like things have happened to me that would normally upset me or make me happy since then, but I just don't give a crap. I might be blocking out all emotion just so I don't get hurt again? I am totally lifeless. Just wondering has anyone else experienced this after being hurt from a breakup and how did it work out for you, like did it pass or continue on? I am considering counselling also. Thanks in advance for any replies. Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Past experiences have toughened you up. It's nothing to be worried about. You're not as vunerable as you were in the past.

Maybe it's just that, at this stage of your life you've got nothing that you're passionate about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

This could be unrelated or it may be but can I ask you how can you be totally in love with 3 different girls in just one year? Are you normally very emotional, open..even clingy? Maybe you're not emotionally dead but you've just become desensitised to certain frivilous things. Maybe now you're 'normal' where you weren't before?

I dunno...random musings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Yeah I really don't think you "really loved" three girls in one year. Perhaps that's why the last time didn't matter so much to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

I agree with the other posters. I think you are confusing love and infatuation.

Anyway, to answer your question, you're probably feeling jaded or a bit depressed. Stay single, only do things you enjoy, and you'll find the old you will return!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

OP, I think you need some time and space to think over your past relationships. It will take some time to reflect on them and ask yourself if you really wanted it or if it was a one sided relationship with these girls. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭happydaz

i suggest you go talk to someone about it. it sounds like you're protecting yourself from how you really feel. it stops you from feeling hurt/rejected. that's all well and good short term but if you keep it up long term you might end up causing yourself some damage. take care of yourself because you can look after yourself better than anyone else. best wishes to you.

Advertisement