Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spamming via PM now.......

Options
  • 14-05-2006 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Just a heads-up (prolly know already tho)

It seems user "c_adeleye" (0 post count), is sending ppl identical spam posts via PM to users who are selling things via for sale forums,... got one myself this morning (pasted below).... I just responded with "Post on thread".......

PM was........

Dear Seller,

My name is Catherine,I'm a US citizen and i will like to buy this item for my SON who is studying in Lagos. if you are interested in selling this item to me, get back to me with the amount and shipping cost and also provide me with your full name,address and your personal e-mail address then i'll send out the payment through my Stormpay Postal money order account immediately.

Regards,

chaterine
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Brought to attention in Help Desk - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054931605

Why am I never spammed? boo hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Karoma wrote:
    Brought to attention in Help Desk - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054931605

Why am I never spammed? boo hoo.

:o ooops!

b;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My name is Catherine

chaterine
    You know its true when they can't spell their own name. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

My name is Catherine,I'm a US citizen and i will like to buy this item for my SON who is studying in Lagos.
    Wow, and studying in Nigeria no less... PM back and ask her if he's studying 419 scams :D
    God almighty, never thought I'd see the day where boards private messages would be abused by these fúckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I bet you that's the same bitch who was buying carpet on my credit card in Nigeria! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

never thought I'd see the day where boards private messages would be abused by these fúckers.

I don't think it's the first time it's happened.

Advertisement