Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB and line rental for just €20

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

JimmySmith wrote:
    I'm having trouble finding out exactly how much Eircoms line rental is for a normal residential user (inc Vat).
    Can anyone tell me? Eircoms website is useless.
    www.eircom.ie
    Products & Services
    Phone Lines
    Find Out More
    Monthly rental: €24.18 (inc. VAT).

(Can't post a link, because eircom uses a brain dead "session manager" on their website)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

simple comparison

eircom timed BB €19.99 a month 1mbit 20 Hours + Line Rental €24.18 is €44.17 for 1Mbit BB sometimes on and line rental

thats a 9Gb cap because you cannot physically download any more data on a 1Mbit line in 20 Hours .

digi metro lite is €19.95 for 1Mbit always on and line rental

with 10Gb cap .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

For less than €44.17 you can get phone, at least 30G cap and always on 3M down/ 512k up from several well known suppliers apart from Eircom. (Some wireless, some LLU)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

It is a great pitty that you do not offer number forwarding on our lite product as my mother is looking to change from eircom but needs to keep her number as it is a work number.Is there any poin in the future that you see yourself being able to port the number??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Another question for crawler — I see your voice rates card includes a column headed 'flat' (with mostly '0.00's under it, except for premium lines and Eircom services like 11811). Are you going to introduce a monthly flat rate for unlimited national landline calls, like BT's Talk Plus? 'Cos that's the only thing keeping me with BT at this stage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

peckerhead wrote:
    Another question for crawler — I see your voice rates card includes a column headed 'flat' (with mostly '0.00's under it, except for premium lines and Eircom services like 11811). Are you going to introduce a monthly flat rate for unlimited national landline calls, like BT's Talk Plus? 'Cos that's the only thing keeping me with BT at this stage...

yes, absolutely. but to be fair to you it's a month or so off yet...

Foxwood wrote:
    www.eircom.ie
    Products & Services
    Phone Lines
    Find Out More
    Monthly rental: €24.18 (inc. VAT).

(Can't post a link, because eircom uses a brain dead "session manager" on their website)

Unless you know where to look :) :-

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/sn1_pt1.pdf

So is there any chance of you offering number porting on the lite package in the near future ie 3-4 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

So is there any chance of you offering number porting on the lite package in the near future ie 3-4 months?
    eircom will only handle a limited number of porting requests. Because Metro Lite is targeted at a mass market, they can't offer number porting, because large numbers of people would probably request it, and they just wouldn't be able to deliver, because of eircom delaying tactics.

Unless eircom puts an automated number porting system in place (yeah, right), I don't think a mass market product is likely to provide number porting.

Foxwood wrote:
    eircom will only handle a limited number of porting requests. Because Metro Lite is targeted at a mass market, they can't offer number porting, because large numbers of people would probably request it, and they just wouldn't be able to deliver, because of eircom delaying tactics.

Unless eircom puts an automated number porting system in place (yeah, right), I don't think a mass market product is likely to provide number porting.

More or less it....if the porting process changes in the future to mimic that in the mobile world then we will offer porting on this product also...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Did I miss something or is there no rates for evening phone calls? I see that some international calls are fixed rate day or night but is it the same for national and local calls?

I was hoping maybe that after the initial swell of demand you might bring in the number porting.Is there anything in the pirpeline to suggest that Eircom will be porting more then 24 numbers a day??

Advertisement