Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you ever to old

Options
  • 14-05-2006 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I am 42 at the end of the month and I am getting my first tatoo on the 24th of this month am I mad. It is something I have always wanted to do and never got around to it. I no what I want it is C&S all in one stroke in Celtic writhing c&s are the initials of my daughters names.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I think a lot of people would argue that you'd be the perfect age...

You're old enough to know the consequences of your actions, if it's something you've been thinking of since you were younger (or since your daughters were born) then you're not likely to regret it...

It's also obviously something that means a lot to you so, if tastefully done, there's very little chance you're going to have second thoughts...

There's a big difference between someone at 42 wanting to get a tattoo and someone at 17 wanting one... the 42 year old is more likely to have thought it through :)

Good luck man, you won't look back...

(unless it's on your back, in which case you'll be looking at it a lot...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

As an added plus your body is less likely to change drastically, warping the tattoo, as this is something younger people need to consider since they may be still growing, or in the course of their lives stretch the skin due to increases in muscle/fat (or due to pregnancy).

I'd also say go for it, you know what you want and have more than likely thought through any possible issues that might result from the tattoo so you're certainly of the right mind (which is what really matters). Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

I think you're mad letting this worry you

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Your def not to old,my Dad is actually going to get his first ever tattoo and he is in his 50's. I say go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I got my first tattoo at 32, I'd say dont worry, I waited until I was secure in what I was doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭wicklah

Also got my first one at 30, promised myself that would be the only one, but they are addictive and I'm defo going to get a second to commerate my son being born (next week). Have an idea of what it'll be but just have to work out the exact design. I thought about the one for my 30th for about a year so I knew I was happy with it. Will give this second one a lot of thought too.

If you say to yourself that it is going to be the only one you ever get, you may find yourself thinking more and more about another.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Your not too old and putting your daughters name on is a nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

A friend of my dads actually got his first tattoo on his eightieth birthday. He had always wanted it, but as a business man didn't want to jeoporadise his career. It was a full sleeve too, very cool. So yeah, you're never too old :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

edibility wrote:
    A friend of my dads actually got his first tattoo on his eightieth birthday.It was a full sleeve too, very cool. So yeah, you're never too old :)

Fantastic! My husband got his first tattoo this year at the age of 44. Had never contemplated it before. Actually, he had his ear pierced, a PA and a tattoo all in the space of six months:D

Advertisement