Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting BB with ISDN

• 14-05-2006 11:42pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've a friend who currently has ISDN, but wants to get BB and has a few questions.

1) Do you still need to get an engineer install to get BB on ISDN?

2) If yes, how much does it cost?

3) Can the other companies like BT, Digiweb, UTV also do engineer installs?

4) Is there any downtime between ISDN and DSL being installed?

Thanks guys for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

1. Yes. The engineer isn't needed to install BB. He has to remove the ISDN gear but will install BB while he's there.
    eircom isdn customers can migrate to eircom broadband online. There is a migration charge of €25 (inc. VAT) in addition to the standard connection fee. (€9.99 atm)
    When you order your eircom isdn / hi-speed migration to eircom broadband, we will contact you to organise an eircom technician install for your new broadband service.
    They don't say anything about additional costs for the engineer.
    3. Yes, they all do afaik. BT definately do.
    4. I don't think there is any/much downtime. The engineer should take care of it all the same day. Thats if you sign up with Eircom for BB. I'd say there would be some downtime if you want to sign up with some one else.

Advertisement