Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Boa owners?

Options
  • 15-05-2006 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi Just wondering is there many Rainbow boa owners out there, Im thinking of getting one off Thomas in Mcelheron reptiles, was in there on saturday and fell in love with one.

Its absolutly amazing but can only really get one and would like to know how many other owners there are out there and what do they think of this snake, i dont like jumping into buying something just cause it looks amazing, I've already got a red tailed boa, corn snakes and bearded dragons but think there room for one more haha. And if there are other owners what sex is your snake?

heres pictures of rainbow boa's for anyone who doesnt know why im going crazy about them, they look like they have an oil spill over them :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They are on my wish list - not sure why as the 2 boas I have had/have like to bite me! I love my common/red tail but he does not like me! He did when I took him from the little critter keeper he was in - in the pet shop but since then its all out war lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭PTL

did you get your boa as a baby or sub adult.. i only really go for babys as i think there easier to tame, but if mine was agressive id probably never go near it :) they could do some damage if they wanted.

Ive went into Thomas again to have another look cause dont want to just get it and theres about 3 of them in there but one is the lightest colour ive ever seen a rainbow boa, really wish i already had a viv ready cause there would be no doubt about it i woulda got that light one there n then. I shoulda asked where they the same blood line and if not coulda got a male n female woulda been sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Freedomfighter

Absolutely beautiful. Thats all i can say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

PTL wrote:
    did you get your boa as a baby or sub adult.. i only really go for babys as i think there easier to tame, but if mine was agressive id probably never go near it :) they could do some damage if they wanted.

My guy was just under 3foot long when I got him - my dad bought him from me but I handled him in the shop for about an hour & he was FINE its just since then hes become snappy! So I let my dad & hubby handle him now he snaps at me more than the men!

Advertisement