Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheels akimbo

Options
  • 15-05-2006 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I was in the car with the gf yesterday (she was driving) when she had to slam on the brakes suddenly. We skidded on the wet road, and the front left wheel hit a kerb just before we stopped. Everyone was fine. Now the wheels seem to be offline by a few degrees, and the steering wheel needs to be at about 5 o'clock to drive straight. We proceeded very slowly to my place where the car is now. She's getting a mechanic to look at it tomorrow. Any idea if this is a major job? We weren't going fast when we hit the kerb, and we didn't hit it at 90 degrees or anything. Thanks for any info...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Probably the wishbone - Simple bolt off/bolt on job
    Then just a matter of getting your tracking/wheel alignment done

If your camber is off you could have done damage to the shock - but I doubt it, id be more worried of chassis damage (could have pushed back 1-2cm) but if you werent going fast chances are its just the wishbone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Thanks man, she brought it into Clandillon in Celbridge yesterday. Turns out she only needs the wheel alignment done. 25 euros! And this after I had rung the guy and he gave an over-the-phone estimate of 194, for a new wishbone, steering rod and alignment. Fair play to him, he could still have charged for all that though. I'll be using them in future.

Advertisement