Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

01 Leon started this morning no indicators or windscreen wipers

Options
  • 15-05-2006 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Basically started my Leon this morning and the windscreen wipers , indicators did not work not a blink basically none of the controls on the steering column worked. Except the headlights, the other controls where fine ie emergency lights and normal lights. Its a really wet day in Dublin today so could it be dap or blown fuse? Your help would be appreciated it is a 01 Leon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yeah I'd be pretty sure its a fuse. The leon has sensitive electrics. My old Diesel Leon's fuse would go on a regular basis. It should only cost 2euro for a fuse, the tricky part is finding the right fuse to replace! I wouldnt be to worried about it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Buy a set of spare fuses that suit your car. Spare bulbs are handy to have too.

@ando: I would worry about not having wipers or indicators!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

esel wrote:
    @ando: I would worry about not having wipers or indicators!

I think ando meant don't worry in the sense that the problem could be easily fixed.;)

yea sorry I meant dont worry about it being a big bill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Just checked again there after changing out all fuses still no difference
    There is a buzzing noise coming from the air vent when indicators are switched on.

Seems to be something seriously wrong rang the garage it has 5 months warranty on it left., I cant drive it though cause it raining and I have to get from skerries to Dun Laoighre any one any suggestions
    No Wipers or indicators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

Psygnosis wrote:
    No Wipers or indicators.

Wait until it is dry and pretend it is a BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hand signals! I knew they made you do them in the driving test for a reason...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I wonder if the buzzing has got to do with the relays? I'm not sure where the indicator or wiper relays are situated in a Leon (despite owning one!).

It would seem odd that both relays would act up though?

Car is in the garage I will keep u updated on how it goes just back from du laoighre on the train, to skerries Im tired

yea let us know, I have a second Leon now and Id like to have an idea incase something like this happened and it wasnt a fuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

it is probably part of your ignition switch is broken. it'll cost about E80 to get fixed. Only takes about half an hour or an hour to replace. it happened me a few times, very annoying!

The ignition switch? I would never have taught that :eek:

Ok car is at garage this morning, mechanic is going to call later.
    Just a update when driving the car over yesterday evening I noticed a slight humming whinning noise comming from either the power steering or the brakes I wasnt sure any idea what is going on only have the car 3 weeks.
    Should I be worried????

Ok just home the Relay in the car was dead what does this mean, its all better know done under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Psygnosis wrote:
    Ok just home the Relay in the car was dead what does this mean, its all better know done under warranty.
    it a "switch" that when electric current enters it, a switch is flicked to allow a function they are usually part of steering column sticks as each movement triggers a relay to do a job(btw thats the pure basics) but sometimes one relay does a few jobs

similar situation with my peugeot 307 a years or two back turned out after the relay was replaced,that was not what the problem was,it was the main cpu for all steering and dash controls only the engine was left running no nothing else in the car worked scary at 5 am on a winters morning going to work

A year b4 that again the engine cpu went, the engine kept cutting out, got them all done under warrenty after plenty of shouting and threatening letters from solicitors ha ha

byte

Sorry for going OT, but to ando: Is that your black Leon in the image? It looks damn fine is all! :)

Thankfully, my Leon passed NCT today, no problems. :)

byte wrote:
    Sorry for going OT, but to ando: Is that your black Leon in the image? It looks damn fine is all! :)

it is :D thanks for the comment ;) Glad to see you passed the nct with no problems

Guys who a leon here have you had any other bad expierinces I have 1.4 16v the engine seems quite noisy when you hit the accelerator it makes the engine noise go a tad bit louder like whine and then it goes again, doesnt seem to be affecting anything and the guy in the garage said he couldnt hear anything

byte

I also have a 1.4l 16v engine in my Leon. Can't say I've noticed anything out of the ordinary, except it's running better since the Seat garage tuned engine in preperation for the test! :)

Maybe you're just being paranoid now?

Advertisement