Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Rules

Options
  • 15-05-2006 9:55am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've posted up two sigs in the last 2 weeks.

The first one I made a bags up and put it up at the wrong size.

The second one I resized it using[URL="http://www.imageshack.us/imageshack/[/URL] to 150X112 but again I've been told that is been to big.

Sig Rules state
    All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images.

For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [.quote] [./quote] tags.
    For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

I had the same sig hosted on the members sction of boards with out any bother.

Can the mod who removed my sig tell me why it was removed? Gona host it again but I wana do it right this time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Do you have a link to the image in question?

If I can have a look at it I can probably work out what might have been the problem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If I can have a look at it I can probably work out what might have been the problem.

Cant remember the link but I have it at home. Will post it later

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/7903/halflife22ki.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Sig rules is 300x125
    Your sig is 320x111

Maybe someone is being a little picky over 20px :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... it was still over the 300 pixel wide limit at 320.

I've sized it down... it should be acceptable for the SigPo now...

halflife23ki.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The technical term for that image is "2big".

I'd clip the right hand side to keep the width at 300 and the images inside would then be centered more.

Yeah I just checked it when I found the image again.

I've hosted another image but as you can see its tiny (150x112).

How do you resize images so I can use the full allowance?

Yeah... it was still over the 300 pixel wide limit at 320.

I've sized it down... it should be acceptable for the SigPo now...

halflife23ki.jpg

Thanks very much for that. I thought I had saved it at the right size but I messed up some where between my computer and imageshack!

Ok resized the orginal image and hosted it again. Its now 300X125 so hopefully all shoule be good now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

My signature was removed... can any mods tell me why?? It consisted of a logo of an Islamic symbol reading 'Another Muslim for Peace' and 2 Chuck Norris lines. problem??????? Its been there for ages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

@InFront, I believe it was too tall (over 125px in height, which is the limit)

• Advertisement
Advertisement