Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audio Device Enigma!

• 15-05-2006 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Problem:
    No Audio device recognised by windows multimedia control panel.
    Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio Device recognised by device manager & driver OK
    (reinstalled numerous times) - On Compaq Presario Laptop V4000 (new feb '06)

Sounds simple but all my audio software that can choose anything other than the windows default device work fine.
    Nothing that automatically needs the windows default device will work (Skype, WinMP 9 or 10, Quicktime, Guitar Pro, Picasa Videos).

Situation:
    Tried uninstalling/reinstalling all drivers video & audio
    Tried uninstalling all media players becuase of possibly conflicts
    Sofware Device enumerator seems to be running OK (how to reinstall this??)
    PNP services all running
    Win Audio services all running
    No option in BIOS for enabling/disabling internal sound card (enabled in windows anyway)

I'm being driven nuts by this because I feel like I should be able to fix the problem without reinstalling my OS.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Bren

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Brenner

FYI...
    Reinstalled OS
    Problem Solved

Stupid Computer.

Advertisement