Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant recommendation - Malahide / Howth?

• 15-05-2006 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi
    Anyone know a nice restaurant in the Malahide / Howth area?
    Thanks
    Peter

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

"Silks" in Malahide is a very nice Chinese, whilst I'm told "Deep Blue" is a great fish restaurant in Howth. There's a ton to chose from though, so you're almost better specifying a food type that you're interested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Hi
    Anyone know a nice restaurant in the Malahide / Howth area?
    Thanks
    Peter

The King Sidric in Howth is great for seafood, but a little posh and formal.

Cibo is very good if you want quick and informal. They are just opposite the church in Howth Villiage, but they also have a take-away shop at the harbour. Excellent pizza's and they also have dishes like Irish-stew.

...and then there's Leo Burdocks if you fancy a take-away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭peterwilson

Thanks guys.
    Sorry for the lack of info.
    Its for my girlfriend for a birthday meal.
    So something a little upmarket!
    :)
    Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Sunny_Dublin

the Orangerie in Malahide is one of the nicest and best restaurants in Malahide (IMO anyways :) )
    lovely seafood, great steaks and a nice atmosphere. Ask for a table at the window so you have a nice view onto malahide harbour. went there for my birthday a view weeks back and even my boyfriend's dad who is usually very picky was happy with his meal.

if you want to go on a friday or saturday you better book well in advance as the restaurant is really small and fairly booked on weekends...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭happydaz

cape greco in malahide-amazing greek and cypriot food-it's well priced (which lets face it is always important and they do have an early bird menu) and it's unusual so feels even fancier than just going out for dinner. i'm going to return there shortly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭peterwilson

the Orangerie in Malahide is one of the nicest and best restaurants in Malahide (IMO anyways :) )
    lovely seafood, great steaks and a nice atmosphere. Ask for a table at the window so you have a nice view onto malahide harbour. went there for my birthday a view weeks back and even my boyfriend's dad who is usually very picky was happy with his meal.

if you want to go on a friday or saturday you better book well in advance as the restaurant is really small and fairly booked on weekends...

Thanks I'm booked in!
    Cheers for all your help guys - suggestions have been noted :)
    P

Advertisement