Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving rented accommodation

Options
  • 15-05-2006 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

I'm just about to leave my first rented accomodation. How clean does the place usually have to be? I.e should I bother with cleaning out the oven etc.. or should a quick once over do the trick? Or does it depend entirely on the lease agreement? I don't think there's any mentioned about it in the lease

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Was it clean when you moved in? You should aim to leave the property in the same condition you found it in. And I would definitely say that it is in your best interests to clean the oven. Some landlords will hire professional cleaners to do jobs like that after you move out, if you haven't done it, and they will take the cleaners' bill out of your deposit.
    Plus it's the nice thing to do :)

Advertisement