Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings Options (the merged thread)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

LizardKing wrote:
    anyone know how to setup a transfer from rabobank to another bank , need to set this up to be ready for when I am due to pay the saved part of my mortgage ... gonna try a test run to see how long it takes to get through ...

I'll answer my own Q (emailed rabodirect).... You can only transfer money externally from your rabo current account , so you need to transfer from savings to current , then to outside account ... its quite easy to do ...

"
    Thank you for your question.
    To transfer from your Savings Account with RaboDirect to your Current Account and then onto your primary bank account, simply go to the secure site and login in. Then go to Payments, then Transfer and then Add. Leave the payment date blank. Make sure that your Savings Account is selected under the Payment Date Box, then on the right of the screen, enter the amount you wish to transfer. Then the next box is for the
    sort code for RaboDirect which is 99.02.60 and the next box is then for your Current account No. The FOR box, is simply a reference for when you are viewing your statement on-line. Simply enter your name in this field. Ignore the payments details box and press continue. This will then pop up a confirmation screen. Press Confirm here and then you must use your Digipass. When you enter your Pin Code into the DigiPass, APPLI will pop up on the DigiPass Screen. Press 2 and five - will come up, enter the six digit code that is on the computer screen and then press send. This will complete the transfer. Creat another transfer the same way to your primary bank account.
    "

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I cant see where this has been asked all ready but with an on line savings account whats the story with tax?

I assume you have to pay DIRT? What about the credit card/laser card/current account tax? Does this apply here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yep, with an online account your interest is automatically taxed at the standard DIRT rate. Nice to know the governement are getting their slice without you having to worry about it :D

I'm not aware of any dedicated savings accounts that allow you to run a credit/debit card from them. The point of most "high"-interest accounts is as a vehicle for saving only, not to act as a current account.

You should only ever use your current account for credit/debit card payments.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

r3nu4l wrote:
    Yep, with an online account your interest is automatically taxed at the standard DIRT rate. Nice to know the governement are getting their slice without you having to worry about it :D

I'm not aware of any dedicated savings accounts that allow you to run a credit/debit card from them. The point of most "high"-interest accounts is as a vehicle for saving only, not to act as a current account.

You should only ever use your current account for credit/debit card payments.

Withe the Rabodirect account you can have a current account as well. It says on the site that there are no other charges for Rabodirect current account. But the goverment has a plastic tax doesnt it?

Just noticed as well AIB has a 5% savings account. Any one know whats that like?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just a quick question about withdrawing money from a rabodirect savings account.

Can you withdraw money from the account into a current account with a different bank online or what way does it work excately?

I have around €10,000 lying in my current account and I`d like to move it to a savings account.I`m not sure if and when I may need to get my hands on some or all of the money so would like to know how accessable it is.

I`ve been meaning to do something with it since before christmas and its time I moved it to a place of benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

With the RABODIRECT account you have a current and a savings account. To transfer funds you need to put the money into the rabo current account (from the rabo savings account, this transfer is immediate) Once in the rabo current account you can setup a transfer to another current account and withdraw (this transfer can take a few days to go through)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

LizardKing wrote:
    With the RABODIRECT account you have a current and a savings account. To transfer funds you need to put the money into the rabo current account (from the rabo savings account, this transfer is immediate) Once in the rabo current account you can setup a transfer to another current account and withdraw (this transfer can take a few days to go through)

Thanks for the help LizardKing.
    I`m going to apply for an account tomorow when I`m back in work(no printer here at home).

Advertisement