Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decorating photo album

• 15-05-2006 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hi there

First post in this forum so I should probably point out that I'm not terribly artistic - if anyone is answering my question please feel free to assume I know nothing and won't be offended if you use really simple, basic explanations :)

I want to put together a photo album for a friend who is getting married. I plan to put in pictures of her at a few different stages (baby, kid, teenager etc.) and am getting similar pictures from his mum to do the same for him. And then finish with pictures of them when they first meet and so on leading up to the day of the wedding with a few pages left at the back for them to fill in photos of their married life. I finally managed to get an album - wanted one with paper so that I can make notes around the photos (rather than the plastic slip-in type). I even managed to get it in a colour which almost matches the bridesmaids dresses and plan to swipe some of the leftover material from those to make a cover for the album.

That's the background now here's the question: it's a very plain cover on the album and I'd like to embellish it a bit. I was thinking about something fairly simple - perhaps a flower or similar. There's a symbol I could use which would have some meaning for them also. But I have no idea what kind of materials to use. So far I'm thinking about things like the type of paint which stands out in a ridge (not sure how to describe this otherwise) and so is good for outlining a shape, beads or small glass stones, glitter, ribbon or material. Any suggestions for what might be suitable?

I'm just not sure what would be right to use on the album. It's supposed to be real leather but considering the price I paid for it I doubt it. So I need advice on what would work on that surface and, just as importantly, what I should avoid using. Also suggestions on what to use to clean it all away if I do make a big mess without destroying the whole album.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

OK you can really use anything you like - I would suggest you get a good dimensional adhesive that dries to give a glass like finish http://www.celticscrappers.com/Adhesives called glossy accents its really FAB & is great for holding beads etc.

You can stamp onto the album & I would suggest you use a stazon ink pad which can also be got from celticscrappers.

Hope this helps??

DSCF2816-1.jpg

OK on this scrapbook I added papers that I covered with a watered down version of glossy accents to give me a wash effect & used Anitas 3D glaze really thickly on the paper flowers I used to frame the photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

That's a really cool idea for a present.

Advertisement