Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghan hunger strike in St Patricks.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

Ag marbh wrote:
    Ignorance for the simple reason that you are wrong and clearly not educated on world affairs other than sky news or whatever other narrow minded news you watch.
    Says the school student.

'school students against racism!!' You gonna hold hands and sing kum-by-yah by any chance? Wait til you leave school and have to live in the real world, you wont be such a hippy after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Ag marbh wrote:
    I'm calling him ignorant because he is. 'We are one of the only countries to..', that is pure ignorance to think that.

Name calling would be prick, fucker, etc

You are displaying a high degree of childishness with your constant ill thought out, nonsensical posts!

These people have no business in using a protestant Cathedral for their protest. The protest, in the first place is not a just one. Our Taoiseach has said that these people will be processes within the framework of our constitution and one has already been rejected!

Ireland has no obligation to harbour or grant asylum and will do so as is seen fit by the competent authority.

The people occupying the Cathedral are in fact breaking the law and being a religious establishment the people in charge do not want to take action. If a Christian group occupied a mosque they would be lapidated to death. HYPOCRiCY springs to mind.

Are there any mosques in Dublin which would serve the protesters better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

disagreeing with the afghan's tactics and thinking they should be sent packing does not = racism, ignorance or lack of education.

anyone claiming this should take a serious look at themselves and this situation.

i've been on the anti-war marches and in many respects i am a bleeding heart liberal but this hunger strike is complete bull****, a stunt pulled by chancers in a bid to blackmail the counrty into submission. why are they in ireland? the Dublin Convention on Asylum Seekers says "someone seeking asylum is required to apply in the member state first entered". THIS IS NOT IRELAND. therefore we must come to the conclusion that they have specifically chosen ireland to come to. why? because ireland has a reputation abroad as a soft touch when it comes to asylum seekers and the welfare benifits afforded them. simple as that. end of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

rb_ie wrote:
    Ignorance?

Ag Marbh : You're a hypocrite to call anyone ignorant or uneducated. Though, you are a school child so I can't say I'm surprised.

rb_ie,

If you read the whole thread you would have came across the part where I was in work and also stating I work in networking. I am simply advertising what has been organised for anyone that might be interested in taking part. Also the ageism card was a nice try.

Heinrich wrote:
    You are displaying a high degree of childishness with your constant ill thought out, nonsensical posts!

These people have no business in using a protestant Cathedral for their protest. The protest, in the first place is not a just one. Our Taoiseach has said that these people will be processes within the framework of our constitution and one has already been rejected!

Ireland has no obligation to harbour or grant asylum and will do so as is seen fit by the competent authority.

The people occupying the Cathedral are in fact breaking the law and being a religious establishment the people in charge do not want to take action. If a Christian group occupied a mosque they would be lapidated to death. HYPOCRiCY springs to mind.

Are there any mosques in Dublin which would serve the protesters better?

I have already stated my disregard for the law so quoting what our idiot Taoiseach says means nothing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Ag marbh, you haven't made any decent points, and when I put logic to you, you just ignored it and said "I only care about these people". An admirable stance. Except, you can't answer the question of why they came here and not the nearest safe country. I think you know they're bullsh*tters, but you're just too stubborn to concede the fact.
    Ag marbh wrote:
    I have already stated my disregard for the law so quoting what our idiot Taoiseach says means nothing for me.

lol... awesome :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

They are trying to hold this country to ransom. And something that is really annoying me is that they are going on hunger strike by choice, the A&E staff are with them - which is fair enough, although I do have some slight issues with it but I can still understand it.

They are being brought to already over-crowded hospitals - and these are the questions that I want answered... are they waiting on trolleys for hours, are they getting a bed?

Ag marbh wrote:

So the Taoiseach is now an idiot. You bandy around enough insults to keep us all mildly amused! If you despise our laws then you are to be despised. Whilst some laws might seem distateful they are there to be obeyed. That is part of our democracy.

I am baffled with your volume of free time in your place of employment. I hope you don't get caught out by management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ag marbh, if you dont like the laws and rules in ireland maybe you should move to that utopian paradise which is afghanistan?

i think this thread is pointless. anyone with half a brain in their head can see that there is no argument here. kick them out, by force if needeed. no compromise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

julep wrote:
    i love how this line is trotted out every time muslims are accused of being suicide bombers or whatever.
    so, exactly what religion are the palestinians who regularly kill israeli's? what religion are the members of al qaeda? who decides on who is an innocent person and what exactly are the victims of suicide bombers guilty of?
    Aah come off it, the IRA were catholics and terrorists, does that make Catholics in Italy or Spain, for example, terrorists? There are 1.5 million Muslims in the UK and about 20,000 in Ireland. They have been here for generations and (apart from London Bombings) they live here in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ag marbh wrote:
    rb_ie,

If you read the whole thread you would have came across the part where I was in work and also stating I work in networking. I am simply advertising what has been organised for anyone that might be interested in taking part. Also the ageism card was a nice try.
    So you're actually an adult?
    Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

For all the people who think this is an isolated incident:

UNHCR report and go to page 4...

This is clearly a tactic that is being tried elsewhere in Europe.

I can't believe that their claim to stay here is anything other than economic. If they are fearful of their lives in Afghanistan, why attempt to take their own lives here. It makes no sense.

Ag Marbh, do you think the students protesting today will be the same articulate young citizens on display on the RTE news last night? If so we can look forward to some great debating!

Will you be going back down for another gawk at lunchtime today?

rb_ie wrote:
    So you're actually an adult?
    Oh dear.

</predictable>

Ag Marbh, do you think the students protesting today will be the same articulate young citizens on display on the RTE news last night? If so we can look forward to some great debating!

Will you be going back down for another gawk at lunchtime today?

Who can say?

I have a half day today so i'll be heading down for 2.30

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Heinrich wrote:
    So the Taoiseach is now an idiot. You bandy around enough insults to keep us all mildly amused! If you despise our laws then you are to be despised. Whilst some laws might seem distateful they are there to be obeyed. That is part of our democracy.

I am baffled with your volume of free time in your place of employment. I hope you don't get caught out by management.

I hope he does get caught by management.I also hope he gets a grip on reality.Actually,one would soon give him a taste of the other...

Ag marbh wrote:
    Who can say?

I have a half day today so i'll be heading down for 2.30

Who cares what you say you're going to do?Yesterday you were full of the same rubbish and you didnt do a damn thing.Its all for nothing anyway as the taoiseach has said he wont deal with these people and i reckon he means it.Democracy prevails!!

Degsy wrote:
    I hope he does get caught by management.I also hope he gets a grip on reality.Actually,one would soon give him a taste of the other...

Both of you are posting alot also so I don't know what you're talking about free time. I'm able to do two things at once unfortunately

Ag marbh wrote:
    Both of you are posting alot also so I don't know what you're talking about free time. I'm able to do two things at once unfortunately

:confused:
    The only thing you're doing with any degree of competence is talking complete rubbish!

Degsy wrote:
    :confused:
    The only thing you're doing with any degree of competence is talking complete rubbish!

Im feeling the same about alot of the stuff said here so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Lads, this thread has turned into a farce with all your childish bickering. Give it a rest will ya?

• Advertisement

Ag marbh wrote:

My free time is not being paid for by some unfortunate employer who has skiving staff. I am at home and in the process of revamping my house. I have never used an employer's time or resources for personal e-mails or web surfing. Having a pretty good networked computer setup at home I feel more comfortable with the privacy and superior facilities. That way I have a clear conscience which does not have to be salved by visits to the principal Protestant Cathedral on a lost cause for lawbreakers. :)

Heinrich wrote:
    My free time is not being paid for by some unfortunate employer who has skiving staff. I am at home and in the process of revamping my house. I have never used an employer's time or resources for personal e-mails or web surfing. Having a pretty good networked computer setup at home I feel more comfortable with the privacy and superior facilities. That way I have a clear conscience which does not have to be salved by visits to the principal Protestant Cathedral on a lost cause for lawbreakers. :)

And a lost cause it is.What a relief the government saw sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Aah come off it, the IRA were catholics and terrorists, does that make Catholics in Italy or Spain, for example, terrorists? There are 1.5 million Muslims in the UK and about 20,000 in Ireland. They have been here for generations and (apart from London Bombings) they live here in peace.
    oh for the love of god. or allah. or jehovah or whatever.
    i never said all muslims are terrorists, but the terrorists who are muslim carry out their acts in the name of islam. oh yes, they do. they believe they will be rewarded in heaven for killing non-believers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

julep wrote:
    i never said all muslims are terrorists, but the terrorists who are muslim carry out their acts in the name of islam. oh yes, they do. they believe they will be rewarded in heaven for killing non-believers.

He said Jehovah. Stone him!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

let's condense the thread. they should be kicked out because:
    • they went through loads of countries to get here. that alone breaks the law and invalidates their request
    • they went through the process and had their claims denied already
    • if the govt caves in, we'll have millions of people at our shores in days, all ready to starve themselves like spoiled children

so ag marbh, in 100 words or less, why should they be allowed stay:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

julep wrote:

remember the crusades? that was christians slaughtering most of the world in the name of god. george bush honestly believes god guides all his actions. the problem isn't muslims, the problem is extremist idiots. they aren't exclusive to any ethnic group.

what about ian paisley?

what about hitler?

they weren't muslim and they're pretty evil people

If I were to write a paragraph the loop would start again and go on like the Duracell bunny

Updates

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/76034

Ag marbh wrote:
    If I were to write a paragraph the loop would start again and go on like the Duracell bunny

Write in 100 words or less why the SHOULD be allowed to stay in spite of the decision of the government(who HAS analysed thier claims)not to.
    Please...go ahead..

Ag marbh wrote:

Updates

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/76034

Rather than rise to the formidable challenge of writing 100 words on a cause you claim to be supporting you just keep waffling.

Remember that you are probably the major instrument in this Duracell bunny debate.

Let's see what you might be made of if you have the mental energy to come up with some decent text for a change. ;)

• Advertisement

No.

Advertisement