Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghan hunger strike in St Patricks.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I care about these people and whats best for them.

Very noble of you. However, blackmailers (and it is blackmail, of a highly emotional kind) aren't particularily noble. If we give in to one incident of blackmail, what is to be done about anyone who decides to copy this course of action for whatever gripe they may have. Do we cave in to the Afghani hunger strikers and refuse the next crowd that comes along? Or may accept their claims too?

The problem is, if you cave in to one instance of this kind of blackmail, you leave yourself open to being constantly exposed in the same way. So how do you resolve the situation without caving in and opening yourself up to countless future reoccurances. That is something I'd love you to explain to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ag marbh wrote:
    No.
    Well well well. Guess you do actually know what an uneducated post is after all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Kiera wrote:
    blah blah blah

I said early on in the thread why I think they should stay and if you can give me a good reason why I should waste my time writing 100 words that are going to fall on deaf ears well then i'll write one...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

remember the crusades? that was christians slaughtering most of the world in the name of god. george bush honestly believes god guides all his actions. the problem isn't muslims, the problem is extremist idiots. they aren't exclusive to any ethnic group.

what about ian paisley?

what about hitler?

they weren't muslim and they're pretty evil people

i'm not excusing any of those listed, but the people at hand are muslims and at least one is an extremist. he admitted working for the taliban at an executive level. anyone sympathetic to their people's plight would not have done this.
    i'll gladly point and laugh at dubya's ridiculous claims of god being on his side in another thread, but this one isn't about him or the crusades or hitler etc.
    this is about people working over our country and atr least one of those people is an extremist muslim. why do i call him extremist? because he collaborated with the taliban, who were an extremist and oppressive regime. is that good enough, or would you like to pick my post apart, trying to find little flaws and racist comments?
    for the record, i am not a fan of any organised religion. as far as i am concerned, they are all money grabbing fucks.

Ag marbh wrote:
    I have no idea how to answer you all so i'll make it look like people are talking crap, when infact i'm the one speaking poo

Very childish, AM!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Kiera wrote:
    Very childish, AM!!

I answered every question asked early on in the thread.

This will be my last reply and will only be posting with updates and hopefully all the support will be successful.

Ag marbh wrote:

This will be my last reply and will only be posting with updates and hopefully all the support will be successful.
    This thread is 16 pages long. Can you please link us to these previous posts you keep going on about. Just so we know you arent talking poo again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ag marbh wrote:

The only updates you'll be posting with son is that they're all on thier way back to afghanistan.

Ya couldnt even write 100 words outlining your "point of view"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

Ag marbh,

If only your username was true....we (the majority) would have a bit of peace. These men will get nothing out of this protest, there will be no capitulation to blackmail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol..... just leave him, let him be stubborn. there's nothing embaressing about changing your mind, ag marbh!

but you keep fighting the good fight.

anyways,
    the situation at the moment is, the strikers have agreed to call it off because they're in talks with people from the department of justice, although mcdowell isn't gonna give their asylum requests any special attention.

is that about right?

as far as i know, only 1 one of the people has been through the asylum system (and was refused). have the others applied and not been processed yet? Or have they not applied at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Ag marbh wrote:

Ag marbh, I am genuinely interested in seeing your reasons to support these people, and I cannot find it in any older part of the thread. I am not giving you abuse, or goading you, I am genuinely interested. What is your reasons to support these specific men in their campaign? if there is other posts somewhere that I've overlooked, perhaps you could point them out to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Ag marbh wrote:

You did not come up with any plausible answers. You were simply abusive and talked a lot of bull$hite!

There will be no updates because the *support* will have been as successful as the tripe you were ladelling on us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭QualderWahl

Ag marbh wrote:

Quite frankly, you did not satisfactorily answer one single query posed to you during the course of this thread.

(i) You presented no valid case as to why these Afghanis should remain in Ireland.
    (ii) You have offered no reasonable excuse why they transferred through multiple "safe" countries en route to the most extreme outpost in Western Europe. Naturally it has no association with the perception of Ireland's immigration laws or welfare system.
    (iii) Zero information has been provided on the acceptability of Muslims occupying a Protestant cathedral to emotionally blackmail the general public of another country.
    (iv) Finally, you have not offered one single, legitimate scrap of evidence as to why the government and laws of the land should be flouted, with the exception of a childish diatribe against Irish politicans and Bertie Ahern.

Your argument is a sham. The tactics employed by this group are deplorable. Please do not disgrace yourself any further by posting about gatherings to "support" these people.

QED: They should (and hopefully) will be deported with due expediency.

Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

This "Residents against Racism" shower annoy me. They were refused asylum, thats not racist. Gob****es.

I think he's sulking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

with all the Nigerians, Chinese, illegal emigrants............ gays and homeless...............

man I'm ashamed to be irish reading this thread, is there no place for compasion here guys, why not let them stay? have they nothing to contribute to our society?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Drapper wrote:
    with all the Nigerians, Chinese, illegal emigrants............ gays and homeless...............

man I'm ashamed to be irish reading this thread, is there no place for compasion here guys, why not let them stay? have they nothing to contribute to our society?
    They could well have, Drapper, and I doubt if anyone disputes that. Our society can be enriched by the influx of other nationalities but there are ways and means to reside here legally.

However, the simple fact is, they have no regard for law or due process in this country, otherwise those who were unsuccessful in their applications would leave and those who are in the course of applying (or yet to apply) would let the process (both the application and court appeals) take its course and then abide by the decsions made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭TapouT

Quite frankly, you did not satisfactorily answer one single query posed to you during the course of this thread.

(i) You presented no valid case as to why these Afghanis should remain in Ireland.
    (ii) You have offered no reasonable excuse why they transferred through multiple "safe" countries en route to the most extreme outpost in Western Europe. Naturally it has no association with the perception of Ireland's immigration laws or welfare system.
    (iii) Zero information has been provided on the acceptability of Muslims occupying a Protestant cathedral to emotionally blackmail the general public of another country.
    (iv) Finally, you have not offered one single, legitimate scrap of evidence as to why the government and laws of the land should be flouted, with the exception of a childish diatribe against Irish politicans and Bertie Ahern.

Your argument is a sham. The tactics employed by this group are deplorable. Please do not disgrace yourself any further by posting about gatherings to "support" these people.

Best reply in this thread yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Kiera wrote:
    I think he's sulking :)

That's not nice! :D

He is at this very moment gathering on all his resources to get down to St Pat's to take on the savage foe! :cool:

• Advertisement

They could well have, Drapper, and I doubt if anyone disputes that. Our society can be enriched by the influx of other nationalities but there are ways and means to reside here legally.

However, the simple fact is, they have no regard for law or due process in this country, otherwise those who were unsuccessful in their applications would leave and those who are in the course of applying (or yet to apply) would let the process (both the application and court appeals) take its course and then abide by the decsions made.

Fair enough point taken, my other half is foreign and these guys would not last a week in her country (not saying where she's from but lets just say Bush hates the country next door, to the North)............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

This whole country is just coming the refuge for the easy ride asylum seeker. Some of these ppl have admitted being involved with the Taliban why even talk to them give these people the door immediatly then deal with the rest. Why should Ireland take in any more free loaders have we not got enough already. I mean its a complete media circus but for once I hope the government doesn't come out dressed as the clown would rather see them as the ringmaster crack the whip and get this country back in order

Heinrich wrote:
    That's not nice! :D

He is at this very moment gathering on all his resources to get down to St Pat's to take on the savage foe! :cool:
    No, he is at this very moment reading this and going red with anger coz he cant fight his case. He cant prove that he has alreay answered our questions. If he does come back on here it will be to call someone ignorant and uneducated.

Drapper wrote:

Well in a way it was up to them to show what they had to contribute to our society when they applied for asylum.Evidently the government decided they had no legitimate right to be here and refused.The fact that many of them are former members of an anti-western,fundamental islamic sect probably didnt help thier case too much either.
    BTW...your first sentence is foolish and provocative..nobody here is advocating any form of pogrom against perceived minorities or foreigners for the sake of them being foreigners.this case is quite specificaly about people who have failed in thier aims legitimatly who have since tried thier hand at blackmail and to be honest a mild form of terrorism..in england a similar bunch highjacked a plane.This would have been the tip of the iceberg had it been allowed to succeed.

Kiera wrote:
    No, he is at this very moment reading this and going red with anger coz he cant fight his case. He cant prove that he has alreay answered our questions. If he does come back on here it will be to call someone ignorant and uneducated.

Seems to be the way your acting.............. one upmanship is low................ give him a break! people are entitled to thier opinions! which may not be yours, thats what makes us all different...............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Drapper wrote:

Yes Drapper, people from all corners of the globe have a valuable role to play in our society. However, we have procedures that must be adhered to, otherwise we will have 3 billion people trying to get into the country, and the fact of the matter is, we cannot deal with every asylum seeker in the world. There is a fair and just system that deals with people looking for asylum, and people who arrive in this country MUST respect the laws of the land they are in. This has nothing to do racism, its to do with people trying to blackmail the Irish government, and the Irish people, and that is totally unacceptable.

Degsy wrote:
    Well in a way it was up to them to show what they had to contribute to our society when they applied for asylum.Evidently the government decided they had no legitimate right to be here and refused.The fact that many of them are former members of an anti-western,fundamental islamic sect probably didnt help thier case too much either.
    BTW...your first sentence is foolish and provocative..nobody here is advocating any form of pogrom against perceived minorities or foreigners for the sake of them being foreigners.this case is quite specificaly about people who have failed in thier aims legitimatly who have since tried thier hand at blackmail and to be honest a mild form of terrorism..in england a similar bunch highjacked a plane.This would have been the tip of the iceberg had it been allowed to succeed.

judge and jury.

Drapper wrote:
    Seems to be the way your acting.............. one upmanship is low................ give him a break! people are entitled to thier opinions! which may not be yours, thats what makes us all different...............
    First off, sort that bloody sig out!

Second, Go read the whole thread first before you have a go at me! AM, resorts to name calling when someone questions his views. He has no right what so ever to come on here calling people names just because we have our own opinion and because it isnt the same as his.

Kiera wrote:
    First off, sort that bloody sig out!

ok love

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭QualderWahl

Drapper wrote:
    Fair enough point taken, my other half is foreign and these guys would not last a week in her country (not saying where she's from but lets just say Bush hates the country next door, to the North)............

What's your point? They wouldn't last a week in your partner's homeland so Ireland has to accept them? Where's the logic in that?

Your previous post referring to the other different groups who I have apparantly disparaged and how you are "ashamed" to be Irish is a piece of hysterical diarrhoea. I never mentioned Nigerians, Chinese, Gays etc...You are deliberately trying to obfuscate the argument by introducing these references. These tactics are on a par with Ag Marbh labeling everyone who does not agree with him a "Nazi" etc...

I also suggest that if you are so ashamed to be Irish, why not try out another society? You seem to have a viable alternative..

Advertisement