Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghan hunger strike in St Patricks.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

i agree just deport them as an example

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

If they want to work let them apply for work permits instead of applying for asylum.They know if they apply for asylum they get everything paid for and tax free as well.What about nigerians who work in toilets of pubs?They're providing no service and using the fear of racism to make people pay them.

Huh?:confused:
    read the last few boxes and you'll see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

babybundy wrote:
    read the last few boxes and you'll see

The statement of yours which I quoted in my last post, made no sense whatsoever. Maybe it was down to absolutely no punctuation, but how can one work a dangerous 8 euro?

Hence: Huh? :confused:

julep wrote:
    damn goobacks. they took our jobs.

it is true that there are some immigrants coming here and undercutting the prices of skilled construction workers, but it all balances itself out.
    most of those i've seen working here on the cheap did piss poor work, so they are not exactly getting a good reputation for it.
    you want a job done cheap? by all means employ one of these unproven workers, who will not guarantee their work and could be gone out of the country right after making a balls of your house. or you could just pay a skilled person to do the job properly.
    at the end of the day, a job done poorly costs you more in the long run. you get what you pay for.
    that's not to say all immigrants are going to rip you off. i know a german tiler. he'll charge you a lot of money, but you will get a perfect job done.
    i was working with a few sub contracted to us and one of our lads was nearly dragged out a window because a poll couldn't speak english fluent english should be required for the fas pass none of the **** of running the course in polish

• Advertisement

The statement of yours which I quoted in my last post, made no sense whatsoever. Maybe it was down to absolutely no punctuation, but how can one work a dangerous 8 euro?

Hence: Huh? :confused:
    sorry my mistake i meant a dangerous job for 8 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

hellboy99 wrote:
    Our government needs to send out a clear message "you can't get asylum here by using bullying tactics and we won't be threatened into giving you what you want!"

Absolutely spot on mate. Lets hope for once our poxy government carries out something they say they will do. Otherwise I'm afraid we'll have to be prepared for a free for all.

babybundy wrote:
    sorry my mistake i meant a dangerous job for 8 euro
    Oh! That makes a bit more sense!

I totally agree that immigrants (for want of a better term) often do work for less than Irish, but often this is due to unscrupulous employers and agencies who take advantage of them, in the knowledge that the immigrant would have been paid even less at home so that it seems like a good wage.

It's not necessarily the immigrants fault and this arguement is slightly off topic anyway, as it goes to the broader spectrum of Immigration, which the majority of posters on this thread have no objection to.

If we were to close our borders as you have suggested, going by your train of thought, it should be a two way deal. How would you go on your holidays then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Doctor Fell

I knew some Irish people were racist, but I'm really shocked at the level of intolerance, racism and lack of understanding of most of these posts. I am embarassed to be of the same race as some of you, with your infantile moronic attitudes. "Kick them out", "let them starve", "we'll have 3 billion people here if we let 40 stay", "I've got a sh*t job therefore screw the asylum seekers!".

Jesus!

First off, Ireland has a legal obligation to provide asylum for people whose lives are potentially in danger from their fellow countrymen. It seems fairly clear that these people qualify, but somehow our asylum system refused them - that seems to be a fault of the system, not their fault. So they are right to protest against it. Also, some of them have been waiting 5 years for their Appeal - u can't blame them for being p*ssed off and hopeless. And they cannot be legally deported yet because they haven't had their Appeal yet. So that's not an option. So u can't kick them out, u Nazis.

Secondly these people are, human beings :eek: :eek: Some of you seem to not realise this. What's wrong with you?
    Bobby Sands was commemorated recently, yet now u are sneering at these people. What about the millions of Irish asylum seekers in the 1800's?? Should USA have kicked them out and "let them starve?"

Also, some d*ck head said about the case in England where Afghans hijacked a plane - yes, and they were allowed to stay and granted asylum!! U didn't mention that.

Also, they are in the country legally. And again, so what if some were Taliban associates? Do you not know that the Northern Alliance were notorious rapists and murderers before the USA gave them carte blanche? That opium production under the Taliban was virtually non-existant but now runs at 90% of the worlds supply comes from Afghanistan? The point is that murderous reprisals are a high probability should they return, if they had any connection with the Taliban. So again, I don't understand why they should be refused asylum under international conventions.

So enough of people's scumbag disgusting racist attitudes, you really make me sick. There are people in this society desperate enough to undergo the horrors of hunger strike, and all you can do is make inane nonsensical racist comments - you are the scourge of any society.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Degsy wrote:
    If they want to work let them apply for work permits instead of applying for asylum.They know if they apply for asylum they get everything paid for and tax free as well.What about nigerians who work in toilets of pubs?They're providing no service and using the fear of racism to make people pay them.
    I've never actually paid them - all they do is sit there. Maybe offer me a towel, which I can get on my own anyway.

• Advertisement

If we were to close our borders as you have suggested, going by your train of thought, it should be a two way deal. How would you go on your holidays then?[/QUOTE]
    germany and most of europe done it or placed resrictions on numbers coming in when the new states joined only ireland ,england and one other left the borders open . when it comes to wages they are told that the minimum wage in ireland is 7 something but we'll give you 8 10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I knew some Irish people were racist, but I'm really shocked at the level of intolerance, racism and lack of understanding of most of these posts. I am embarassed to be of the same race as some of you, with your infantile moronic attitudes. "Kick them out", "let them starve", "we'll have 3 billion people here if we let 40 stay", "I've got a sh*t job therefore screw the asylum seekers!".

Jesus!

First off, Ireland has a legal obligation to provide asylum for people whose lives are potentially in danger from their fellow countrymen. It seems fairly clear that these people qualify, but somehow our asylum system refused them - that seems to be a fault of the system, not their fault. So they are right to protest against it. Also, some of them have been waiting 5 years for their Appeal - u can't blame them for being p*ssed off and hopeless. And they cannot be legally deported yet because they haven't had their Appeal yet. So that's not an option. So u can't kick them out, u Nazis.

Secondly these people are, human beings :eek: :eek: Some of you seem to not realise this. What's wrong with you?
    Bobby Sands was commemorated recently, yet now u are sneering at these people. What about the millions of Irish asylum seekers in the 1800's?? Should USA have kicked them out and "let them starve?"

Also, some d*ck head said about the case in England where Afghans hijacked a plane - yes, and they were allowed to stay and granted asylum!! U didn't mention that.

Also, they are in the country legally. And again, so what if some were Taliban associates? Do you not know that the Northern Alliance were notorious rapists and murderers before the USA gave them carte blanche? That opium production under the Taliban was virtually non-existant but now runs at 90% of the worlds supply comes from Afghanistan? The point is that murderous reprisals are a high probability should they return, if they had any connection with the Taliban. So again, I don't understand why they should be refused asylum under international conventions.

So enough of people's scumbag disgusting racist attitudes, you really make me sick. There are people in this society desperate enough to undergo the horrors of hunger strike, and all you can do is make inane nonsensical racist comments - you are the scourge of any society.

I was that "dickhead" who said about the afghans highjacking a plane.Firstly can i remind you about what the charter says about abuse and secondly if it got them asylumn more fool the british or any government for caving in to thier demands.Highjacking is terrorism,would you like to be on a plane that was highjacked?Would you be happy if after you'd though you were going to die your *attackers* were granted the right to live in your country?
    Ands thirdly,stop calling everybody racist,you're only showing yourself up.People who shout "racist" at the drop of a hat NEVER have a convincing argument for anything and have no credibility.

There are people in this society desperate enough to undergo the horrors of hunger strike, and all you can do is make inane nonsensical racist comments - you are the scourge of any society.
    thats not a protest thats BLACKMAIL ya degsy is right put a sock in it if you dont like my opion then why should listen to yours

and dont bring bobby sands in to this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

babybundy wrote:
    and dont bring bobby sands in to this
    ah why not? go on for the laugh! watch people desperatly trying to parallel him and this it can only be funny

no its an insult i am asking politly not if that doesn't work then i'll winge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

babybundy wrote:
    thats not a protest thats BLACKMAIL ya degsy is right put a sock in it if you dont like my opion then why should listen to yours

You're involved in the building industry, right? Have you ever been on strike or supported fellow workers on strike. A strike is blackmail as well.

First off, Ireland has a legal obligation to provide asylum for people whose lives are potentially in danger from their fellow countrymen. It seems fairly clear that these people qualify

On what grounds? They say that their lives are in danger. Can you provide the evidence that they couldn't provide to the RAC?
    but somehow our asylum system refused them - that seems to be a fault of the system, not their fault.

If their application failed it was because they failed to produce sufficient evidence, therefore it IS their fault
    Also, some of them have been waiting 5 years for their Appeal - u can't blame them for being p*ssed off and hopeless.

As long as they are awaiting their appeal they are given accommodation and are either given direct provision or an allowance for living expenses. If they're pissed off, they have no right to be. The process takes this long because there was a large number of Asylum Applicants in the last 6 years or so and the system is at capacity. At least they're not in a facility like Sangattes, fenced in and unable to go anywhere legally. The freedom they get here has been abused to take over a place of worship of a faith not their own. Odd that.
    So u can't kick them out, u Nazis.

Easy on the abuse there, Mister. Not all (if any) of us are racists and I defy you to produce anything on this thread that is inane or nonsensical written by me. To label any of us a scourge on society is to forget one thing. We are part of what makes this society.

Please note, I have attacked your post and not you, as the poster. Give it a try rather than posting flamebait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Jesus!

Just back home to read this gem.

Spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

I've emailed my support to the Minister and have gotten an acknowledgement back.

I'd say this to you all. Let your TDs know your stance on this so that they know where the votes are. We've been silent for too long on this stuff, letting a handful of obnoxious zealots have all the say.

• Advertisement

no a strike that follows the legal parameters is not blackmail its industrial action.

This Illigal "protest" is blackmail. What about the real victims here, the people the are tring to jump in the refugee que, should all the other asylem seekers just go and decide they won't follow the correct processes?

good statment there putting out isn't it?
    "we would rather die, then go home and die".

i'm sorry to say let them die in vain

base2 wrote:
    I've emailed my support to the Minister and have gotten an acknowledgement back.

I'd say this to you all. Let your TDs know your stance on this so that they know where the votes are. We've been silent for too long on this stuff, letting a handful of obnoxious zealots have all the say.
    hope you posted a link to this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ag marbh wrote:

Spot on.
    What you really mean is: I couldn’t be arsed replying to everyone who was addressing me as I couldn’t back up my comments so I’ll jump in here coz this guy has said what I wanted to say but I’m (whats the word you use a lot?) Oh yeah, uneducated.

You're involved in the building industry, right? Have you ever been on strike or supported fellow workers on strike. A strike is blackmail as well.
    Not necessarily.

An official strike is a legal form of protest which is protected by our constitution.

Before a strike can be officially recognised there are procedures to be followed and the strike usually is as a result of the failure of these procedures to produce an agreement on the disputed issue.

If you mean an unofficial strike, then I agree, yes it is a form of blackmail, but they rarely succeed. The most recent rail dispute (and the one before that) are proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor Fell

Jesus!

Secondly these people are, human beings Some of you seem to not realise this. What's wrong with you?

Calling us Nazis, racists and dickheads? Thats what you're up against when you try and debate with reason on immigration.

base2 wrote:
    Calling us Nazis, racists and dickheads? Thats what you're up against when you try and debate with reason on immigration.

There has been Nazi like comments in the thread. There has been racist like comments on the thread and there have been certainly alot of dickheads.

Does the truth hurt?

this tread should finish up its getting hot if this was face to face we would be throwing slaps soon

I answered every question asked early on in the thread.

This will be my last reply and will only be posting with updates and hopefully all the support will be successful.

Spot on.

This isn't an update...

Don't you just hate making a liar of yourself!

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote:
    What you really mean is: I couldn’t be arsed replying to everyone who was addressing me as I couldn’t back up my comments so I’ll jump in here coz this guy has said what I wanted to say but I’m (whats the word you use a lot?) Oh yeah, uneducated.

Kiera, what exactly are you contributing to the thread? The last thing you said on topic must have been pages back. If you have a personal problem with me feel free to use th PM system because the only thing you have done is post comments each time I post.

My initial point in the thread was that these men should not be deported because of the human rights deprivation they face when they return home and I have stuck to supporting my opinion from the start. The rest got dragged into a loop of crap. I never changed my opinion once.

Advertisement