Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghan hunger strike in St Patricks.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Degsy wrote:
    I was that "dickhead" who said about the afghans highjacking a plane.Firstly can i remind you about what the charter says about abuse and secondly if it got them asylumn more fool the british or any government for caving in to thier demands.Highjacking is terrorism,would you like to be on a plane that was highjacked?Would you be happy if after you'd though you were going to die your *attackers* were granted the right to live in your country?
    Ands thirdly,stop calling everybody racist,you're only showing yourself up.People who shout "racist" at the drop of a hat NEVER have a convincing argument for anything and have no credibility.

Have to agree with this, how is asking a group of people to accept our asylum system racist. They are trying to skip the queue over other asylum seekers. The worst thing about this crowd is that they make the genuine asylum seekers look really bad with a stunt like this. Anything they do they have brought on themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

This isn't an update...

Don't you just hate making a liar of yourself!

You can't win with you bunch can you?

When I posted that comment, it was abuse and then when I post I get more abuse. I'm content in my opinions so keep sending them cheap shots over, they're just bouncing right back.

ZZZ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ag marbh wrote:
    There has been Nazi like comments in the thread. There has been racist like comments on the thread and there have been certainly alot of dickheads.

Does the truth hurt?

You're an absolute gob****e you know that?

Degsy wrote:
    You're an absolute gob****e you know that?

Yeah everyone with different opinions are gob****es. Thanks for the direct insult but i'm just stating facts and if you choose to disagree fair enough.

mwah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

now now dont be bitches to each other everyone is entitled to there opion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Ag marbh wrote:

When I posted that comment, it was abuse and then when I post I get more abuse. I'm content in my opinions so keep sending them cheap shots over, they're just bouncing right back.

ZZZ

Admit it, you are winding us up! You could not be for real. You charge off in a huff proclaiming that you will be back with an update on the successful campaign of lawbreaking at St Pat's.

Can you get it into your head that we have laws here. Maybe we might be worse than those dictators elsewhere but WE ARE IN OUR COUNTRY WITH OUR LAWS WHICH WE RESPECT and if anyone comes here he/she must abide by our laws or pay the consequences. If these people tried that anwhere esle in the Middle East or Africa they would already be dead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ag marbh wrote:
    My initial point in the thread was that these men should not be deported because of the human rights deprivation they face when they return home and I have stuck to supporting my opinion from the start. The rest got dragged into a loop of crap. I never changed my opinion once.

So what should we do with them, AM? Should we give in to the hunger strike? What would be your answer to this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ag marbh wrote:
    Yeah everyone with different opinions are gob****es. Thanks for the direct insult but i'm just stating facts and if you choose to disagree fair enough.

mwah

Just giving you a taste of your own medicine.You've called me plenty of names and i havbt retaliated.
    HAve you written up your 100 word essay on why these people should be allowed to stay yet?Because the way i see it everyone else has given you good reasons why they SHOULDNT stay and you've come back with nothing but nonsense..childish nonsense at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

calm it down lads, there's been some good points made in this thread and it's a good discussion, so I don't want it closed!

Heinrich wrote:
    WE ARE IN OUR COUNTRY WITH OUR LAWS WHICH WE RESPECT
    well said

• Advertisement

To the last three posts.

As i've said from the start, they should be granted asylum because it would be inhumane to deport them back to Afghanastan. I'm aware of the laws and what everyone else has to say and im sick of reading the same stuff. This is my opinions. End of story...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

It would be good if both sides could keep this argument within reason. Noone here can claim to be right or wrong on this issue, its really down to personal opinion. Hows about we all respect each others opinions and debate like adults? I am highly insulted by the people who bandy about words like racist and nazi around with reckless abandon. I am not a nazi, i am not a racist, i just have my opinions. Everybody should take a deep breath, and cut the abuse.
    All this thread is proving is that many members of Irish society are about as mentally stable as a beanbag full of nitroglycerin.
    Ag Marbh, again, can I ask why you show such strong support for this particular group of people? Do you have Afghan ties, or heritage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Degsy wrote:
    Just giving you a taste of your own medicine.You've called me plenty of names and i havbt retaliated.
    HAve you written up your 100 word essay on why these people should be allowed to stay yet?Because the way i see it everyone else has given you good reasons why they SHOULDNT stay and you've come back with nothing but nonsense..childish nonsense at that.

With the lucidity AM is dislpaying it is doubtful if he coud string together twenty words. He obviously went down to see what was going on, saw nothing of interest, got wet in the process and is now back to throw more futile insults.

I would hazard a guess that if we made arguments contrary to our own viewpoint they would be more convincing than the diatribe being proffered by this chap. ;)

Archeron wrote:
    Ag Marbh, again, can I ask why you show such strong support for this particular group of people? Do you have Afghan ties, or heritage?

Not one foreign tie in my blood or heritage.

I would be of such a strong mind about any group of people facing the same circumstances. I think its inhumane.

If that makes me a Do gooder, hippy, tree hugger etc well then I guess i'm one of those.

ya A M why do you feel so strong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Ag marbh wrote:

ZZZ
    My point was that you said before you went to the protest that you would only be posting updates from that point on.

Since then you have made 5 posts, none of which was an update.

Then I asked the question.

When did I abuse you?

Mustn't have been a very long protest, given it started at 2:30 and you made it home to Dublin 15 by 4:13 to make your first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Ag marbh wrote:
    Not one foreign tie in my blood or heritage.

I would be of such a strong mind about any group of people facing the same circumstances. I think its inhumane.

Fair play, I admire that. However, do you think these people are acting in an appropriate manner? Do you think they deserve special treatment above and beyond that which other asylum seekers get?

Ag marbh wrote:
    To the last three posts.

As i've said from the start, they should be granted asylum because it would be inhumane to deport them back to Afghanastan. I'm aware of the laws and what everyone else has to say and im sick of reading the same stuff. This is my opinions. End of story...

So you think its ok for our government to back down and give them asylum now? Would this not show all rejected asylum seekers that they can do this moronic stance and get away with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Do the people posting against the deportation of these failed refuguge seekers not believe that the laws of this country should be enforced?. Every time a topic like this is discussed the race card comes out of the pocket really quickly

ya tree hugger took the words right outta my mouth

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote:
    So you think its ok for our government to back down and give them asylum now? Would this not show all rejected asylum seekers that they can do this moronic stance and get away with it?

I would love to see them back down. I don't see it as a moronic stance, this is where we differ.

I have expressed my disregard for the law and the reason you have seen so little detail is because I would have to get into many of my other beliefs about the system and the way this thread has looped certainly wants to make me shy away from that because of the lack of like minded people I guess.

Archeron wrote:
    Fair play, I admire that. However, do you think these people are acting in an appropriate manner? Do you think they deserve special treatment above and beyond that which other asylum seekers get?

I think it's desperation and they're doing what they have to do to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

Ag marbh wrote:
    There has been Nazi like comments in the thread. There has been racist like comments on the thread and there have been certainly alot of dickheads.

Does the truth hurt?
    And theres also been alot of tree hugging, hippyish, bleeding heart liberal, ideas along the lines of how great it would be inviting every countries tried poor huddled masses through our doors and expecting it not to have any possible ramifications on our taxes, job prospects, housing, etc etc...

Will you just answer my question please?

What if.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

I have expressed my disregard for the law and the reason y

If you have a disgregard for the law then you obviously have an idea of the way the law should be. But if we had your law in place how would you feel if somebody could just disgregard it and get away with it? Thats why you are wrong to support these men.

And theres also been alot of tree hugging, hippyish, bleeding heart liberal, ideas along the lines of how great it would be inviting every countries tried poor huddled masses through our doors and expecting it not to have any possible ramifications on our taxes, job prospects, housing, etc etc...

Yes there are plenty of stupid ideals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Ag marbh wrote:

Does the truth hurt?
    How can supporting the law of the land mean you are a Nazi? There are laws in the country, there is a fair asylum process upheld by these laws.

None of the protesters has been served a deportation order and they haven't exhausted the asylum process either, so why arent they using the normal, legal route?
    Is it a coincidence that this protest started within days of Afghani asylum seekers on hunger strike in a Belgian church, being granted asylum there? That successful hunger strike has now lead to 25 other hunger strikes amongst Afhgani asylum seekers throughout churches in Belgium. Their entire asylum process has now been undermined by giving in to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Ag marbh wrote:
    I would love to see them back down. I don't see it as a moronic stance, this is where we differ.

I have expressed my disregard for the law and the reason you have seen so little detail is because I would have to get into many of my other beliefs about the system and the way this thread has looped certainly wants to make me shy away from that because of the lack of like minded people I guess.

And because your beliefs are based on NO LOGIC OR FORESIGHT WHATSOEVER!!!

On second thoughts, I'd love to see the government back down too. Cos then the lads would be allowed stay. And then their relatives and their mates can come over and stay too. And theirs too. And sure, anyone who wants to! I'd like that, because, it would give me great pleasure to watch you change your opinions in a second, as the economy goes to the sh*ts, and your company starts laying people off, and you end up with no job...... That would be great, just to see your face! It'd go from this: :), to this: :confused:, to this: :eek:, to this: :(, to this: :o

Great craic.

Get a grip you bloody child. "I don't care about laws"/"I don't care about the government"/"I don't care about the economy"/"Bertie's a gobsh*te"/"I'm a big boy now"/"I'm gonna go play with my scammer friends who travelled thousands of miles across 30 European countries to get here because they were in so much danger"

You goin off to spray-paint "ANARCHY" signs onto walls later?

Bloody pathetic.

base2 wrote:
    If you have a disgregard for the law then you obviously have an idea of the way the law should be. But if we had your law in place how would you feel if somebody could just disgregard it and get away with it? Thats why you are wrong to support these men.

You would be asking for my 'ideals' then and this is getting back to the loop of abuse i'm not willing to get into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Ag marbh wrote:
    To the last three posts.

You claim that you are well aware of the laws here yet you want them to be put aside in this case and you were off earlier campaigning for these lawbreaking Afghans too. Sounds to me as if your making your own rules as you go along, your just as bad as them.

You type of people really annoy me, so called do gooders that will go out of their way to help every non national here or looking to come into Ireland. How about you go out and campaign for the Irish homeless, even better still instead of you going to campaign for the Afghan asylum seekers that time could be better spent handing out blankets and food to our homeless.

Advertisement