Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghan hunger strike in St Patricks.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Nightwish wrote:
    How can supporting the law of the land mean you are a Nazi? There are laws in the country, there is a fair asylum process upheld by these laws.

The only time I recall referring to the word Nazi on this thread when someone came out and said 'I hope they die'. I said that it was a Nazi like attitude.

DaveMcG wrote:
    And because your beliefs are based on NO LOGIC OR FORESIGHT WHATSOEVER!!!

On second thoughts, I'd love to see the government back down too. Cos then the lads would be allowed stay. And then their relatives and their mates can come over and stay too. And theirs too. And sure, anyone who wants to! I'd like that, because, it would give me great pleasure to watch you change your opinions in a second, as the economy goes to the sh*ts, and your company starts laying people off, and you end up with no job...... That would be great, just to see your face! It'd go from this: :), to this: :confused:, to this: :eek:, to this: :(, to this: :o

Great craic.

Get a grip you bloody child. "I don't care about laws"/"I don't care about the government"/"I don't care about the economy"/"Bertie's a gobsh*te"/"I'm a big boy now"/"I'm gonna go play with my scammer friends who travelled thousands of miles across 30 European countries to get here because they were in so much danger"

You goin off to spray-paint "ANARCHY" signs onto walls later?

Bloody pathetic.

It's amazing how I can accept your different opinion without doing out a sarcastic play but 8/10 for effort.

hellboy99 wrote:

You type of people really annoy me, so called do gooders that will go out of their way to help every non national here or looking to come into Ireland. How about you go out and campaign for the Irish homeless, even better still instead of you going to campaign for the Afghan asylum seekers that time could be better spent handing out blankets and food to our homeless.

Very important comment about our own homeless. We have a huge one in the city that needs to be looked after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

where do you get off??? feckin do gooder i hate people like you i hate them,i cant express how much i hate them.what is going on in your little head to come to the conclusion that letting them stay is the right thing......is mumsey telling you they should stay... you make me sick
    your ****ing lucky i have better things to do at this time of year. but after the 19th of june ill be there protesting against them.

dude, how can you hate someone you've never even met so much? it bloooooowwws my mind.

At the end of the day, myself and ag marbh - I belive - feel the same thing. People are more important than borders. Some of you - actually, by the looks of things - the VAST majority of you believe that upholding the law is more important than someones life. But thats cool. Thats your opinion. If the world was run by me and ag marbh, the country would probably fall apart. But if the world was run by people like rkeane and the godfather etc, it'd be a pretty grim and selfish place as well. Like it or not, people like you need people like us, as much as people like us need people like you. It's just a difference of opinion at the end of the day. I respect rkeane for not changing a jot in the face of my arguments, and I hope he feels the same about me, even though it's unlikely we'll ever as close as, say, me and my special someone on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Ag marbh wrote:
    It's amazing how I can accept your different opinion without doing out a sarcastic play but 8/10 for effort.
    Yeah, I'm very impressed :rolleyes:

Maybe you can accept my opinion because it's based on logic, and because I backed it up and made a good argument. You have done nothing like that. I don't respect your opinion at all, because it's based on silly idealistic notions and you've spent this whole thread saying crap like "I don't care about the law". Yeah, you're a great lad :rolleyes: The rest of us would prefer to live in a civilised society with structure and laws. If you want to devolve a few centuries, then go live with a tribe in Africa. You'll soon learn to respect Western society when you're having dental operations performed with tools fashioned out of animal bones.

You get no respect or admiration from me for your steadfast stance on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

how is it you dont see homeless non-nationals but plenty of irish or brits on irish streets tralee barracks was declared unfit to house them but they stick the fca in there we are the people being descriminated in or own country

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ag marbh wrote:
    The only time I recall referring to the word Nazi on this thread when someone came out and said 'I hope they die'. I said that it was a Nazi like attitude.

Wrong again.The nazis wouldnt have said that..if they were causing problems they would have killed them.As nobody on here said "i want to kill them" or "i'm going to kill them" your choice of insults in wholey innapropriate.You also called people here(myself included) racists,when clearly tis is not a matter of race but of politics.Its peopel like you who cause trouble and give fools like Residents against racism a stick to wave around when they have no cause to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭persian

Just Let Them Starve...Problem Solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

tbh wrote:
    dude, how can you hate someone you've never even met so much? it bloooooowwws my mind.

He's a kid... Raging hormones and all that...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Kiera wrote:
    So you think its ok for our government to back down and give them asylum now? Would this not show all rejected asylum seekers that they can do this moronic stance and get away with it?

Any chance of answering my question, Am or are you going to continue to ignore me coz you don’t have all the answers. You want these people to be granted asylum so how do we stop this from happening in the future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Ag marbh wrote:
    Very important comment about our own homeless. We have a huge one in the city that needs to be looked after.

so my question for you then Ag marbh is have you ever done anything to help them or have you ever campaigned for them ?

DaveMcG wrote:

You get no respect or admiration from me for your steadfast stance on this.

Don't want it. Didnt expect to earn it and once again thanks for you opinion.

It's quite patethic to see so many people jumping down my neck all because I believe the deportation of these men is inhumane.

Quick question:

Why are the hunger strikers who've been released from hospital being allowed return to the cathedral?

As it's private property, surely they could be refused permission to return there?

Kiera wrote:
    Any chance of answering my question, Am or are you going to continue to ignore me coz you don’t have all the answers. You want these people to be granted asylum so how do we stop this from happening in the future?

Noone should be deported back to a country where they face such inhuame conditions such as these men. So to answer your question, yes the government should back down everytime in these situations.

Ag marbh wrote:
    It's quite patethic to see so many people jumping down my neck all because I believe the deportation of these men is inhumane.
    We’re not jumping down your neck for having an opinion. All we’re doing is trying to make you see that by letting these people have asylum we are only causing bigger problems for ourselves in the long run. We have to stop all this now before it gets out of hand and we get every rejected seeker bailing into our churches starving themselves.

hellboy99 wrote:
    so my question for you then Ag marbh is have you ever done anything to help them or have you ever campaigned for them ?

Yes.

Feel free to use the PM system if you feel the 'need' to ask anymore questions on this subject.

you cant be deported from your own country ticko

babybundy wrote:
    you cant be deported from your own country ticko

sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me....now repeat after me babybundy gwan

Ag marbh wrote:
    Noone should be deported back to a country where they face such inhuame conditions such as these men. So to answer your question, yes the government should back down everytime in these situations.

Which means that the asylum application process should be to put the applicants in a church, with no food or water for, say a week, and if they survive then they're welcome to stay.

I hope not, because that's the message that would be sent out by giving in. Belgium is a perfect example of this.

Ag marbh wrote:
    sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me....now repeat after me babybundy gwan
    We’re not jumping down your neck for having an opinion. All we’re doing is trying to make you see that by letting these people have asylum we are only causing bigger problems for ourselves in the long run. We have to stop all this now before it gets out of hand and we get every rejected seeker bailing into our churches starving themselves.

Edit: I lied, have to run for the bus.

• Advertisement

no but bullets would

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Ag marbh, in your mind your intensions with your campaign today may of been good but you need to sit down and take a long look at what you were really campaigning for and how it has come across to the majority of the Irish people.

It is my opinion and many others will share this too with me that you were in fact campaigning for lawbreakers and that our government should turn a blind eye to the laws that are in place when it comes to seeking asylum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Kiera wrote:
    I asked you a question earlier which I don't believe you answered
    What would you do then? Imagine you are McDowell, would you let them die? Would you instruct the hospital to force feed them (if it is legal)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

He's a kid... Raging hormones and all that...:rolleyes:

LOL

babybundy wrote:
    no but bullets would

Swerrr.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ag marbh wrote:
    Swerrr.

I think it represents a logical progression from all this one-upmanship.:)

hellboy99 wrote:
    Ag marbh, in your mind your intensions with your campaign today may of been good but you need to sit down and take a long look at what you were really campaigning for and how it has come across to the majority of the Irish people.

It is my opinion and many others will share this too with me that you were in fact campaigning for lawbreakers and that our government should turn a blind eye to the laws that are in place when it comes to seeking asylum.

I don't dismiss that I haven't looked into it enough to offer an alternative that I would be willing to post this evening but I don't want to see men die and human rights taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

If you allow yourself to be blackmailed by one, you will be blackmailed by all. Immigration into a country has to be sensible, for both the indigenous population, and the incoming immigrants.

If our policy can be usurped by hunger strikes, we have lost control of our system basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I'm curious Ag Marbh why you're so sympathetic to these Asylum seekers?

They are effectively sticking their middle finger up to our asylum system, and black-mailing us into letting them stay. No Government should be made rethink their policies due to blackmail, doing so effectively makes them a pushover. Letting them in once only means they can do it again.

The spokesperson for this group was on the LastWord last night and when Cooper asked him what their issues in Afghanistan, he said it was private. They expect us to let them back into the country and won't tell us of why their life is in danger in Afghanistan.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Did anyone hear those students supporting the Afghans crying on RTE radio. Youd think we were the ones killing these ppl:mad:

Advertisement