Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghan hunger strike in St Patricks.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

woody wrote:
    Racist eh no, Fact yes and Pal watch your mouth my words are off a concerned taxpayer and citizen.. I will not bow to PC or Liberals....I have the right of Freedom of speech and if you are getting weirded out seek medical help then !

"Every Nigerian that has entered Ireland has been to rip it off, the same for Romanians and for most other eastern europeans and Asians..."

This a fact, is it?

Have a word with yerself will ye...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

tbh wrote:
    you've put yourself nicely into context there woody.

Again TBH I have just cause and a right to express this, maybe you want to live in a society that is being destroyed and sit back and let it happen.

A war was fought for 30 years by both sides for nothing so again why do these people come here.... FOR MONEY not for anything else

DaveMcG wrote:
    "Every Nigerian that has entered Ireland has been to rip it off, the same for Romanians and for most other eastern europeans and Asians..."

This a fact, is it?

Have a word with yerself will ye...

Well from working within the Department of Foriegn affairs that would be fact as they have entered the country illegally,have not gone through the correct process, hence are criminals...

They are suppose to seek refuge int eh first eu state they entered Ireland is not so....

Hence they broke the law, hence are criminals, we do it we get locked up...

That is not racism that is fact....And if you continue to brand me a racist, we say it in court and put your money were your mouth is as I will be slightly more wealthy than I am now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Ag marbh wrote:
    Take a look at the current condition of the country. The men face danger regardless the background they have.

that may be the case we don't know, but the fact of the matter is, that they are failed asylum seekers that were facing deportation, they have no right to be here and have chosen to disrespect our laws.
    what they are doing is wrong, you can't go round preaching saying that their human rights have been taken from them, that's just not the case. they went through the proper system for seeking asylum and failed, now there cases will be looked at again on an individual bases. how is that taking there rights away ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

woody wrote:
    Ten years ago I would have said that the likes of the BNP and Combat 18 were scum, now I see there legitamacy and the reason why the exist.

These people are the racists, they do not belong here, they have no right to be here, they forced themselves on us and we should put them in a detention camp and keep them there until they are removed...

If they die so be it but it is not my problem or Irelands problem....

Every Nigerian that has entered Ireland has been to rip it off, the same for Romanians and for most other eastern europeans and Asians....

We are a country of 4 Million and if this keeps up our Social,Ecomonic and whole fabric of irish society will be destroyed....

I propose Prison camps for them no more no less,keep them away from society as it will result in deaths and civil unrest and when that happens the Nazi's will emerge from the wood work and thrive on it...

If we dont stop now we are F*cked and this hopefully will show in the next election
    I think that maybe you should go back to the army or maybe stop watching them war films because you're so out of touch with reality its hilarious. Were you kicked out of the army for your stupidity or lack of good judgement because if you were it wouldn't surprise me.

So you want to lock up every Nigerian, because they are all the same, only here to rip us off. That's seriously over generalization and stereotyping and I think you know it too. Lock them all up in prison camps, isn't that not a bit WWII or Guantanemo (sp?) bay style. These people aren't terrorists and they should not and will not be treated as such. If we have to deport them because they failed to achieve asylum or refugee status then that's what we'll do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

well we would be able to create this 'new lease of life in our economy' without cheap foreign (illegal)labour, so you might not be racist but you are willfuling ignorant.:rolleyes:

So our economy is fuelled by illegal immigrants then? Nothing to do with legal immigrants, no? Wow. It's amazing how you can call anyone ignorant. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

jomanji wrote:
    Be careful who you call ignorant. All cheap foreign labour isn't illegal. In fact it might be considered racist of you to assume as much :eek:

if they aren't illegal themselves their working pay and conditions might be illegal, I wonder if woody could admit business leaders actively encourage in getting foreign labour and illegal labour in here for cheap to keep down their wages maybe its them you should have a look at?? they are the ones doing it wholesale no?

silas wrote:
    I think that maybe you should go back to the army or maybe stop watching them war films because you're so out of touch with reality its hilarious. Were you kicked out of the army for your stupidity or lack of good judgement because if you were it wouldn't surprise me.

So you want to lock up every Nigerian, because they are all the same, only here to rip us off. That's seriously over generalization and stereotyping and I think you know it too. Lock them all up in prison camps, isn't that not a bit WWII or Guantanemo (sp?) bay style. These people aren't terrorists and they should not and will not be treated as such. If we have to deport them because they failed to achieve asylum or refugee status then that's what we'll do.

I was kicked out of the army LOL actually I am on a leave of absence...

And BTW you think a person who breaks the law should be at large... And as for terrorists look at the madrid bombing,london,9/11 all done by immigrants... Fable no Fact yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

woody wrote:
    Well from working within the Department of Foriegn affairs that would be fact as they have entered the country illegally,have not gone through the correct process, hence are criminals...

They are suppose to seek refuge int eh first eu state they entered Ireland is not so....

Hence they broke the law, hence are criminals, we do it we get locked up...

That is not racism that is fact....And if you continue to brand me a racist, we say it in court and put your money were your mouth is as I will be slightly more wealthy than I am now

I think it's so funny you keep talking about how they broke the law. You've broken the law several times on this thread. So how does that work then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

They are still on their stike:(

GIVE UP LADS, YOU WILL ACHIEVE NOTHING

• Advertisement

if they aren't illegal themselves their working pay and conditions might be illegal

If they're not illegal than they have every right to be here. If their bosses are paying them below the minimum legal wage, then it's the bosses who are accountable to the law. What's your point? That some legal and illegal immigrants are taken advantage of? Yes, they are. But you've strayed miles off the point.
    I wonder if woody could admit business leaders actively encourage in getting foreign labour and illegal labour in here for cheap to keep down their wages maybe its them you should have a look at?? they are the ones doing it wholesale no?

Nobody cares what woody thinks, he's a racist idiot. Now you accused me of being ignorant because I suggested that there was nothing wrong with having legitimate concerns about illegal immigration into Ireland. You also suggested that it was illegal immigrants that fuel this economy. Then you backtracked and said "well they may be legal but they're being paid below min. wage and are being taken advantage of, blah, blah, blah and this fuels the economy, blah, blah, blah". I'd love you to explain yourself to be honest. How am I ignorant for having concerns about illegal immigration into this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

woody wrote:
    Nine Years in the Army Pal and I have a right to gripe, more than most as I had the balls to get up off my tub and do the right thing

Obviously the core lesson thought in the army has been lost on you. That being "you are only as strong as the weakest among you"

The same rule applies in society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

darkman2 wrote:
    They are still on their stike:(

GIVE UP LADS, YOU WILL ACHIEVE NOTHING

Neither will the strikers!

woody wrote:
    I was kicked out of the army LOL actually I am on a leave of absence...

And BTW you think a person who breaks the law should be at large... And as for terrorists look at the madrid bombing,london,9/11 all done by immigrants... Fable no Fact yes
    If an immigrant has broken a law then they should face the full impact of the law, whether it be national or international law. And no they shouldn't be at large, but that's what our police force, Interpol and other law enforcement agencies are for.

What I'm saying is that they should not all be tarred with the same brush and treated as criminals, which is pretty much what you seem to be saying.

The last time an someone got into power that shared your ideals, the global atrocity that was WWII happened. Go on guess who it was? :D

If they're not illegal than they have every right to be here. If their bosses are paying them below the minimum legal wage, then it's the bosses who are accountable to the law. What's your point? That some legal and illegal immigrants are taken advantage of? Yes, they are. But you've strayed miles off the point.

Nobody cares what woody thinks, he's a racist idiot. Now you accused me of being ignorant because I suggested that there was nothing wrong with having legitimate concerns about illegal immigration into Ireland. You also suggested that it was illegal immigrants that fuel this economy. Then you backtracked and said "well they may be legal but they're being paid below min. wage and are being taken advantage of, blah, blah, blah and this fuels the economy, blah, blah, blah". I'd love you to explain yourself to be honest. How am I ignorant for having concerns about illegal immigration into this country?

Racist Idiot you have been reported for abuse ....... Want to say that in court and lets see whos the idiot as I will be laughing all the way to the bank...... Now Explain Racist or should I say Concerned Taxpayer...

C'mon another bleeding heart are we if so why dont you leave ireland then..

silas wrote:
    If an immigrant has broken a law then they should face the full impact of the law, whether it be national or international law. And no they shouldn't be at large, but that's what our police force, Interpol and other law enforcement agencies are for.

What I'm saying is that they should not all be tarred with the same brush and treated as criminals, which is pretty much what you seem to be saying.

The last time an someone got into power that shared your ideals, the global atrocity that was WWII happened. Go on guess who it was? :D

My Ideals are not based on Racism they are based on frustration by freeloaders...Clear and simple...As for hitler I do not share his mind set nor his beliefs I am Pro-Jewish and Israel also so you are wrong on that one...

Can you clearly explain to us that the current illegal immigrants here are really legit.... How many what precentage are geniune, I think that answer would be in single figures....

Why do I have to pay for them, why do you etc.... They owe us nothing, they wont contribute to society, they have their hand out, they have broken the law...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

woody wrote:
    But it is clear cut facts, by the Immigration problem getting worse, we will then get an upsurge of the extreme right and with just cause...

Ten years ago I would have said that the likes of the BNP and Combat 18 were scum, now I see there legitamacy and the reason why the exist.

These people are the racists, they do not belong here, they have no right to be here, they forced themselves on us and we should put them in a detention camp and keep them there until they are removed...

If they die so be it but it is not my problem or Irelands problem....

Every Nigerian that has entered Ireland has been to rip it off, the same for Romanians and for most other eastern europeans and Asians....

We are a country of 4 Million and if this keeps up our Social,Ecomonic and whole fabric of irish society will be destroyed....

I propose Prison camps for them no more no less,keep them away from society as it will result in deaths and civil unrest and when that happens the Nazi's will emerge from the wood work and thrive on it...

If we dont stop now we are F*cked and this hopefully will show in the next election

Scum.

You didnt serve this country or do anything good now go away

Ag marbh wrote:
    Scum.

You didnt serve this country or do anything good now go away

LOL

The comparison to Hitler has nothing to do with Jewish people, but was drawing direct similarities with your hatred of immigrants. Hitler has somewhat similar views and look what happened there. You're also suggesting the introduction of prison camps to deal with the issues of immigrants in this country.
    woody wrote:

And as for illegal immigrants in this country, well I'm sure there's a large percentage of them. There has been a large amount of illegal irish immigrants in the USA, but are you saying that they are criminals and should be locked up in prison camps?

There are large numbers of illegal immigrants in this country and it's a shame, but it's the governments responsibility to rectify this. Certainly by regulating their refugee and asylum system to stop this from continuing. You really think the actual number of legal immigrants in this country is less than 10%? I don't have figures, but I'd think it's much higher than that, if you have actual figures then please by all means show them, so I can be proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

woody wrote:
    My Ideals are not based on Racism they are based on frustration by freeloaders...Clear and simple...As for hitler I do not share his mind set nor his beliefs I am Pro-Jewish and Israel also so you are wrong on that one...

Can you clearly explain to us that the current illegal immigrants here are really legit.... How many what precentage are geniune, I think that answer would be in single figures....

Why do I have to pay for them, why do you etc.... They owe us nothing, they wont contribute to society, they have their hand out, they have broken the law...

The term racist has been thrown around a lot in this thread, but you're the first to genuinely be bordering on that label.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

jomanji wrote:
    The term racist has been thrown around a lot in this thread, but you're the first to genuinely be bordering on that label.

agreed. Lots of people have views here that I don't share, but I understand their point of view. I just feel sorry for woody, and anyone who has to deal with him in real life.

woody wrote:
    Want to say that in court and lets see whos the idiot as I will be laughing all the way to the bank

What? You're going to sue me for calling you a racist idiot when you clearly are one? It'll be thrown out of court, believe me. And I'll still have my millions of Euros and you'll still be a racist idiot living in bitter ignorance and dribbling all over yourself.
    woody wrote:
    Now Explain Racist or should I say Concerned Taxpayer...

You're not a 'concerned taxpayer', you're a racist idiot. Or a troll... one or the other. Anyone who suggests that all Nigerians and Romanians are here to scam and fleece is a racist idiot.
    woody wrote:
    C'mon another bleeding heart are we if so why dont you leave ireland then..

Why am I a bleeding heart? If you had bothered to read the thread you'd see what my position on illegal immigration and these Afghan refugees is. But you're too much of an idiot to bother it seems.
    woody wrote:
    Racist Idiot? you have been reported for abuse .......

And I've reported you for racist remarks, you racist idiot:
    woody wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

ag marbh, leaving aside all the other crap, do you have any actual proof that these people will be in danger if they go back to afghanistan.
    i haven't heard any reports on mass genocide in afghanistan recently, so i can only conclde that they are either lying or they committed some heinous acts while working for the taliban. if the latter is true, then they should be sent back to face up to what they have done.
    you can also add attempted suicide to their list of crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

ROFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pebble

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Woody banned for trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

BuffyBot wrote:
    ROFL.

Detention camps for illegal immigrants do exsist all over europe - so I dont find it that strange an idea. Perhaps the way it was worded earlier was a bit off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭juslookin

julep wrote:
    ag marbh, leaving aside all the other crap, do you have any actual proof that these people will be in danger if they go back to afghanistan.
    i haven't heard any reports on mass genocide in afghanistan recently, so i can only conclde that they are either lying or they committed some heinous acts while working for the taliban. if the latter is true, then they should be sent back to face up to what they have done.
    you can also add attempted suicide to their list of crimes.

Exactly,

All people are asking for is the proof of the danger these men face. It appears when asked by the Irish media they will not provide any details.

Here are some africans who came to the UK to claim asylum. They too claimed they were in "danger" if they returned to rwanda. Wonder why ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,1774083,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

juslookin wrote:
    No, inform and educate yourselfs on the reality of the situation, and the implications for your country.

Act on FACT and the rule of LAW.

Instead of operating on uninformed student politics of "racism" and "all black people are oppressed..." 70s textbooks

What does that have to do with what I said. You're saying stuff like "Irish people" in a roll your eyes fashion, and yet your arguments so far is based on just as must conjecture as anyone elses. Choice quotes would be you saying you don't know about these men but you presume this and that about them. The same as the so called "loopy left" are doing on this thread.

Bear in mind my stance on this is to remove them from the church and consider asylum somewhere closer to home based on whether or not they are telling the truth.

Some of the suggestions in this thread are crazy and I'll be banning anyone who goes along the whole "put all nigerians, romanians in prison camps" line. I don't want such idiocy displayed in any threads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

Giblet wrote:
    Some of the suggestions in this thread are crazy and I'll be banning anyone who goes along the whole "put all nigerians, romanians in prison camps" line. I don't want such idiocy displayed in any threads.

I think there is a big difference between proposing to put ALL immigrants into prison and the idea that detention camps could prove useful as they have done elsewhere across europe.

How else can you deal with a situation where failed asylum seekers do not co-operate with deportation orders - and from todays papers it looks to be about 15% of those who are denied who actually leave. The rest go on the run. I dont think that given that situation its such an idiotic idea - it seems to me to be pragmatic more than anything else. imo.

Advertisement