Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghan hunger strike in St Patricks.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

tbh wrote:
    doesn't matter. If 40 extra people entering the system can bring it to it's knees, then it's a crappy system.

We didn't even need 40 people to tell us it was a crap system anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

tbh wrote:
    doesn't matter. If 40 extra people entering the system can bring it to it's knees, then it's a crappy system.

I didnt say it would bring it to its knees did I ? I do think that its an deliberate / selfish / arrogant and unnecessary drain on resources which are already in short supply and needed by those who actually pay for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ag marbh wrote:
    Oh right so because we pay taxes it's ok to waste A&E resources :rolleyes:
    Right I have a new opinion on all this. I think Ag math is yanking our chains just to get a rise out of us. I think if I said black was black you would try and convince me that it was white.

ChityWest wrote:
    I didnt say it would bring it to its knees did I ? I do think that its an deliberate / selfish / arrogant and unnecessary drain on resources which are already in short supply and needed by those who actually pay for them.

And then the other 40 euro when we use them

Kiera wrote:
    Right I have a new opinion on all this. I think Ag math is yanking our chains just to get a rise out of us. I think if I said black was black you would try and convince me that it was white.

Says the girl who admitted to trying to get a rise out of me via the PM system. Kiera sometimes feels the need to PM people and give them unwelcomed English lessons and other such things.

tbh can confirm this also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ChityWest wrote:

no, you didn't. I was responding to the argument that "legal" people will be denied treatment because these guys are getting treatment. By the way, it's a very dangerous road to go down, limiting services to those who have paid for them. Are the long term unemployed to be denied social welfare and hospital treatment next?

Ag marbh wrote:
    Says the girl who admitted to trying to get a rise out of me via the PM system. Kiera sometimes feels the need to PM people and give them unwelcomed English lessons and other such things.

I think the phrase is "posting devil, pm angel" :)

no-ones talking about denying medical services to people - except you that is.

The only ones causing that effect are those deliberately mis-using those resources in a selfish and arrogant manner in St Patricks at this very moment.

Ag marbh wrote:

You said you didnt want to talk to me on this thread again and to pm you. I pm'd you to tell you how to spell no one and you went off on a rant about what tbh pm'd you about me.

Any chance of getting back to the topic or would you like a public row with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

Ag marbh wrote:

I didn't say that and you know I didn't. If you're going to debate, at least try to put forward an intelligent argument instead of putting words into my mouth; it's childish and moronic.

What I did say is that if the government wants to introduce incentives to punish taxpayers who end up in A&E under the influence in order to recoup costs, then so be it.

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote:
    You said you didnt want to talk to me on this thread again and to pm you. I pm'd you to tell you how to spell no one and you went off on a rant about what tbh pm'd you about me.

Oh well gee thanks I never knew you cared so much :rolleyes:

I never mentioned tbh to you either. I informed you that more than one person had PM'd me warning me of your stupidity.

ChityWest wrote:
    no-ones talking about denying medical services to people - except you that is.
    Kiera wrote:
    These chancers aren’t exactly helping our A&E problem now are they?

Get them out asap. They are using up resources that people who actually have a right to be here need.

apology accepted.

tbh wrote:
    Angry, as long as they are here, they have the same entitlements as everyone else. that's the law.

What they're doing in St. Patrick's Cathedral is against the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Kiera wrote:

Why do you bother? If he said to PM you and then complains then he is being foolish. Let the other two PM one another to their hearts desire. The time the spend doing that will be less time trolling here!

What they're doing in St. Patrick's Cathedral is against the law.

well then we'll have to deny medical treatment to anyone in any of our prisons as well.

tbh wrote:
    apology accepted.

Does that actually say they should be denied medical services or does that say they should be stopped from deliberately and intentionally and repeatedly mis-using them ? If you cant see that difference you really need to take those pink tinted shades off for a minute or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Ag marbh wrote:

and it's ok for these Afghan hunger strikers "that shouldn't be here" as they have already previously failed to seek asylum, to use up hospital resources and "my taxes" on their own self inflected pointless act. :mad:

ChityWest wrote:
    Does that actually say they should be denied medical services

I believe it does, yes.

hellboy99 wrote:
    and it's ok for these Afghan hunger strikers "that shouldn't be here" as they have already previously failed to seek asylum, to use up hospital resources and "my taxes" on their own self inflected pointless act. :mad:
    Look the words "head" and "brick wall" spring to mind when trying to make him see sense. Its pointless. We should just put the two of them on ignore so we can debate this like adults.

tbh wrote:
    well then we'll have to deny medical treatment to anyone in any of our prisons as well.

No, people in prison have been processed through the system and are entitled to medical treatment. What I suggest is that these criminals be put in prison where they can receive all the attention that, as criminals, they deserve. Glad we're seeing eye to eye on this.

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote:
    Look the words "head" and "brick wall" spring to mind when trying to make him see sense. Its pointless. We should just put the two of them on ignore so we can debate this like adults.

I've been telling you to do that for months, but for some reason, you haven't. By the way, adults don't point out spelling issues.

tbh wrote:
    I believe it does, yes.

So Tbh - this . .. .

"Originally Posted by Kiera

Get them out asap. They are using up resources that people who actually have a right to be here need."

Equates to withdraw medical services ? Remove the ambulance crew on 24 hr standby outside the cathedral and refuse them entry to the hospital on any of their frequent trips ?

As mentioned previously they are overrulling the medical personell on the ground (at least one occassion) and making their own requests to visit the hospital. This is a repeated and daily drain on resources - finding a way to make them stop wasting these resources is not the same as saying that they or anyone else should be denied medical attention. You were the one to make that statement. There is a difference.

No, people in prison have been processed through the system and are entitled to medical treatment. What I suggest is that these criminals be put in prison where they can receive all the attention that, as criminals, they deserve. Glad we're seeing eye to eye on this.

to be honest, I'd say they would prefer prison to being sent home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

They are going to remove the minors. Thats good, they are most vulnerable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭juslookin

Prediction:

Having shown a complete DISREGARD and LACK OF RESPECT for the religous beliefs of others

... if these chancers are taken into any sort of custody or into due process it will be of no surprise at all if their lack of respect for religion is suddenly replaced with religous awakening and profound religious conviction with demands that their religious beliefs ARE RESPECTED, especially where this causes maximum disruptance

... because they can ...

ChityWest wrote:
    So Tbh - this . .. .

"Originally Posted by Kiera

Get them out asap. They are using up resources that people who actually have a right to be here need."

Equates to withdraw medical services ? Remove the ambulance crew on 24 hr standby outside the cathedral and refuse them entry to the hospital on any of their frequent trips ?

As mentioned previously they are overrulling the medical personell on the ground (at least one occassion) and making their own requests to visit the hospital. This is a repeated and daily drain on resources - finding a way to make them stop wasting these resources is not the same as saying that they or anyone else should be denied medical attention. You were the one to make that statement. There is a difference.

the original statement was making the inference that if these people were not doing what they were doing, Irish ("legal") people would get treatment that they cannot currently get because the resources they need are being allocated to this situation. If that is true, it means the system is crap. That's the fault of the government, not of these guys, whichever way you look at it.

tbh wrote:
    to be honest, I'd say they would prefer prison to being sent home.

Not really their choice is it ? Thats kind of the point of this whole thing - who gets to decide on Irelands immigration policy. Whether its the rule of law or the dictates of an organised group of agitators.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Kiera wrote:

that is true, we just can't seem to get across to him nor does he want to listen to what the overall effect of letting them stay will have on us. most of us here know what consequences will occur if they are indeed allowed to stay but Ag marbh doesn't, he's just one of these quick bandwagon jumpers that like to act first and not think.

hellboy99 wrote:
    that is true, we just can't seem to get across to him nor does he want to listen to what the overall effect of letting them stay will have on us. most of us here know what consequences will occur if they are indeed allowed to stay but Ag marbh doesn't, he's just one of these quick bandwagon jumpers that like to act first and not think.

The bandwagon effect is the observation that people often do (or believe) things because many other people do (or believe) the same. The effect is often pejoratively referred to as herd instinct, particularly as applied to adolescents. Without examining the merits of the particular thing, people tend to "follow the crowd."
    Jaysus ag marbh, pick a better bandwagon the next time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Gardai have given the men till 7pm to give up their protest. Things are said to be very tense.

Advertisement