Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghan hunger strike in St Patricks.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 powermac

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    could you please try educate yourself on the matter before making such ignorant comments.

refugees seeking asylum here are not allowed work BY LAW they need the handouts to survive unless the government decides to change this law.

that is the biggest pile of crap ive ever heard. so what your saying is that they have the right to stay here for free, with free accommodation, free food, free everything basically. thats called a holiday mate and ireland is certainly not a resort.
    Ive absolutely no problem with migrants coming here and makin a new start for themselves and make this country prosper along with its residents but it seems that ireland is getting the "bottom of the barrell" migrants.
    I have to admit i have become more so against these migrants coming in as there are way too many and has not but such become a culture shock but a case of experiences that force my opinion the opposite way.

They get free accommodation, we get a lousy €60 mortgage relief. In developments they live in such as the one i occupy, latvians, russians, nigerians etc have absolutely no respect for the environment they live in nor the people that surround them. Why?..because they dont own any of it. Its all bloody free to them. They're like the vikings. Come in, rip everything off, abuse everything and then in 5 years or so. they'll leave and the place is in bits.

Im sick to death of seeing nigerians with the bling bling goin on etc yet us taxpayers are pointing and saying "Arent they supposed to be asylum seekers?, how are they able to afford this and all that they rubbin our noses in every day with?"

Romanians-ATM robbers
    Russians-Rapists and scammers
    Latvians-No insurance and no tax dodgers, causing accidents at 5am doing 210mph on the wrong side of the road in their clapped out 1984 black tinted windowed mercedes and BMW's.

This is the reality and although the minority apparently are "OK". The majoirty are scum and as far as im concerned majority rules.

As i said ive had so many bad experiences with these people and im tired of people defending them cause they're afraid of the darks pullin out the "racist card" again and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Degsy wrote:
    IGNORANCE.

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Heinrich wrote:
    Why?
    This is akin to hostage taking. If we had a stand off would you expect the Minister to back down? Get real. There are laws, whether good or bad is beside the point, and they should be obeyed as they apply to all!!!
    get real yourself buddy and dont have go at me, i agree that this action taken by these lads is toatl blackmail and arseholery but do you seriously think the government can allow these men (one is 15years old) to drop dead one by one? cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

powermac wrote:

Romanians-ATM robbers
    Russians-Rapists and scammers
    Latvians-No insurance and no tax dodgers, causing accidents at 5am doing 210mph on the wrong side of the road in their clapped out 1984 black tinted windowed mercedes and BMW's.

The cheek of you labeling people like that, you racist. Keep your bitterness and bad experiences inside yourself.

I think the real scum are people like you who feel they have the right to label people like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ag marbh wrote:
    Exactly.

Thats all you've been saying all day.I've put my point of view across without resorting to name calling.Why are you concerned with the plight of these criminals?It has nothing to do with you but plenty to do with the future of this country.If the government back down it will be seen as cart blanche for people to commit crimes to get thier own way.Can you not see this/Are you actually that stupid that you cant see hoy nearly everybody disagrees with whatever it is you've been trying to say.Get your blankets and go and join them,nobody is going to thank you for it..not them, not the man in the street,nobody.YOU're the ignorant one,i've made my point of veiw clear and its the official line that the government chose to takke.You're trying to undermine democraticly elected process with your short-sighted idealism.

• Advertisement

Ag marbh wrote:
    The cheek of you labeling people like that, you racist. Keep your bitterness and bad experiences inside yourself.

I think the real scum are people like you who feel they have the right to label people like that.

There you go again..calling people racist.What race are russians exactly?Almost all white are they not..how then can RACE be an issue?When you're losing, resort to name calling,its all you're good for.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ag marbh wrote:
    Exactly.
    Look, no matter how many times you care to pull out the ignorance/racist/nazi??? card, the reality of this situation is that these men applied for asylum, failed in their application, and are now trying to hold the government/country to ransom because they don't like the result.

I fully agree with those who say that the government shouldn't back down and these men should be removed (forcibly if it's the last resort), and sent home at the earliest opportunity.

The alternative is to set a bad precident by caving in to these tactics thus inviting similar incidents, but also that these people are somehow above the law of the country they would seek to remain in.

Charity begins at home boys and girls. Let's clean up our own house, before we start taking on the rest of the world's problems.

its handbags at dawn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ferdi wrote:
    get real yourself buddy and dont have go at me, i agree that this action taken by these lads is toatl blackmail and arseholery but do you seriously think the government can allow these men (one is 15years old) to drop dead one by one? cop on.

What about the next ones who do the same? And the next? If he lets everyone who does this to stay, then we won't have an asylum system!!! I don't think the Minister has a choice in the matter. He may talk to them alright, but if he lets them stay, then it's over. He's gotta get the thinking cap on pronto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

ferdi wrote:

No, I do not. They should be rounded up and put on a boat bound for the far shores of Karachi!

15 year old boys are not men! How they get it into their heads to hunger strike is a muslim thing which we do not really understand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Heinrich wrote:
    No, I do not. They should be rounded up and put on a boat bound for the far shores of Karachi!

15 year old boys are not men! How they get it into their heads to hunger strike is a muslim thing which we do not really understand.

What has hunger strike got to do with being a Muslim? You are taking out of your hole now.

What has hunger strike got to do with being a Muslim? You are taking out of your hole now.

Are they by any chance on ramadan anway?That would be handy for them as they're not permitted to eat during daylight hours..

No, I will leave that entirely to you. Muslims are reputed to be hardliners as is evidenced daily with suicide bombers. The young lad should not be hunger striking but he is obviously being religiously brainwashed. Now pull up your pants.

Degsy wrote:
    Are they by any chance on ramadan anway?That would be handy for them as they're not permitted to eat during daylight hours..
    Nope, it's not Ramadan. Being a Muslim is absolutly nothing to do with the situation. The only reason I can think of as to why people are bringing it into this discussion is that they have some kind of grudge against Muslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Degsy wrote:

So very handy indeed :rolleyes:

People best start cooling their jets, quickly.

Heinrich wrote:
    No, I will leave that entirely to you. Muslims are reputed to be hardliners as is evidenced daily with suicide bombers. The young lad should not be hunger striking but he is obviously being religiously brainwashed. Now pull up your pants.
    I'll say it again, you are taking out of your hole. What an ignorant comment. How many Muslims do you know personally?

You are brainwahed by the idea that Muslims are fanatical terrorists. There are a minority like that but the vast majority are peaceful ordinary people. It is against their religion to kill innocent people.

Giblet wrote:
    So very handy indeed :rolleyes:

People best start cooling their jets, quickly.

Was a geniune question actually,wasnt casting aspersions on thier religion.

I'll say it again, you are taking out of your hole. What an ignorant comment. How many Muslims do you know personally?

You are brainwahed by the idea that Muslims are fanatical terrorists. There are a minority like that but the vast majority are peaceful ordinary people. It is against their religion to kill innocent people.

My friends Hassan from Casablanca, Mostapha from Algiers, Djamel from Algiers, Mehmet from Tunisia, Layla from Tunisia...

Left them behind in Geneva. Hassan had a bistro which I helped him to set up. His clients were mainly Moroccan.

You could tell Salman Rushdie that these people are not at all what he thinks... :D

Almost forgot Mohamed from Cairo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

forced removal!! FTW.

We cannot be held to randsom, if this were a few homeless chaps nobody would notice. They are the reminats of a corupt government and expect to jump a que of people who are legally abiding by our system??? How is that fair on the others??

Hold candle vigals for them, sing songs, do the whole thing but what they are doing isn't moral, Legal or Right. they have no moral highground on this none at all

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ferdi wrote:
    if we like it or not, if these lads start dying, minister McBowel will have to back down.
    They are not dying, they are killing themselves.

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote:
    They are not dying, they are killing themselves.
    eh...

ferdi wrote:
    eh...

I think it is called suicide! Nobody is forcing them in any way.

your some ****ing genious i i'll give you that

ferdi if they are alowed to stay due to this corse of action a dangerous president will be set

Heinrich wrote:
    bobby sands? this country is hardly in a position to condem hunger strikers, i know the situation is different but still.

whats with all the agro going on here anyway? its ot like it effects any of you knobjockeys

ferdi wrote:
    your some ****ing genious i i'll give you that

If that inane comment is directed at me I must tell you that I would be a genius without the fornicating adjective! :D

You're...

ferdi wrote:
    bobby sands? this country is hardly in a position to condem hunger strikers, i know the situation is different but still.

whats with all the agro going on here anyway? its ot like it effects any of you knobjockeys
    Bobby Sands? you want to go down that road. Draw parallels between this and Sands and maybe you will have an ounce of credability! bar hunger strinke you are spark ou of similarities

lol, what an apt typo :D

in any case i dont think my lack of spelling ability is the issue here

blu_sonic wrote:
    Bobby Sands? you want to go down that road. Draw parallels between this and Sands and maybe you will have an ounce of credability! bar hunger strinke you are spark ou of similarities
    read my post fool. credability? what are you talking about? i'm not a politican, i couldnt give two ****s what you think of me.

just to make my position clear -

i dont not support these men

i dont think that this government will let them die either way

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

ferdi wrote:
    read my post fool. credability? what are you talking about? i'm not a politican, i couldnt give two ****s what you think of me.

just to make my position clear -

i dont not support these men

i dont think that this government will let them die either way

At the end of the day the government cant give into blackmail. One of them is believed to be 'fighting for his life' in hospital. They will acheive nothing.

Advertisement