Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Development of the land around Charlesland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

i would be interested in going to this meeting on wed 31st but would also wonder if any advertising has been done to make it public knowledge to all residents in charlesland and not just people who use this forum.
    i dont want to sound negative, far from it but if this is not done right the first time residents who are not involved off the bat might not take too kindly to it.
    it may sound wild western but i have seen it happen in a res-com where i used to live.

just some food for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

eleMental wrote:
    Hi All - Just wondering - Is the proposed Residents Association meeting still going ahead this Wednesday at 8pm in Puroga?

Have not been able to get in touch with Puroga owner, so can`t book the room.
    Agree with ear;lier comment about representation / people who don`t use this site but would like to start a res association.. Maybe some fliers / poster in superquinn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

Most of the old farm building was demolished last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

daveco23 wrote:
    Have not been able to get in touch with Puroga owner, so can`t book the room.
    Agree with ear;lier comment about representation / people who don`t use this site but would like to start a res association.. Maybe some fliers / poster in superquinn?

Alright, we'll get somewhere for next week, even if it has to be open air!
    No point in sending flyers until we have a plan Baldrick, but will definitely do so when we have something concrete.

These are the original plans for the Business Park, which didn't look too bad. (The initial application was houses, houses and more houses. WCC refused that and Creche etc. replaced the first block of houses.) Now they want more houses..like Go Figure like.

1.95MB will take a few seconds:

http://www.footypix.com/files/www footypix com- Business Park .pdf

Charlesland Grove etc. to match to above: (Looks like arseland...I know!)

http://www.footypix.com/files/www footypix com- Charlesland .pdf

Wicklow County Council Online palnning enquiries. I can't find the appliaction for amendment. I assume it's Zapi that made the application but don't get any joy....if anyone has more details, give this a try:

http://www.wicklow.ie/eplan/InternetEnquiry/rpt_QueryBySurForRecLoc.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

nice work there Marcais - didn't realise the business park was going to be so big and include retail warehousing as well... Realistically there was never any chance that they would fill all those units

I'd say there would definitely be demand for the petrol station - Shell in the village is going to close soon so there'll only be the Esso then.

noticed the other day theres a small shopping centre up at Eden Gate - what chance have they of letting that out if they can't fill the retail units in charlesland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

What about the rugby club. They may let you have it for free as "community" service?

Called wicklow Co Co just now, and on the new set of plans for the area there is NO Residential zoning for that farm. Is all zoned E2 meaning mixed business use. Apparantly there is a school going in there as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Just heard from a very reliable source that A certain property developer has plans to put 250 houses on that piece of land!!!!! The will probably put up a planning permission notice soon and if no-one objects withing 3 weeks we will have apartments and duplexs galore behind us!!!! eeeekkk I think we really need to get a residents association meeting together next week at the latest.

INCH wrote:
    Just heard from a very reliable source that A certain property developer has plans to put 250 houses on that piece of land!!!!! The will probably put up a planning permission notice soon and if no-one objects withing 3 weeks we will have apartments and duplexs galore behind us!!!! eeeekkk I think we really need to get a residents association meeting together next week at the latest.

Yes..that seems to be the plan. I've been told we can have Puroga Creche any night next week for a Resident's Association meeting. I propose Thursday and I'll ask Eoin to "sticky" a notice to that effect. Any objections to Thursday? Need to get as many attending as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Well Done Marcais... will defo be there...will try and grab a few of the neighbours who are not online to go too.:D

Might be worth sticking a notice in Superquinn..

Please distribute BEFORE tomorrow !!!

http://www.footypix.com/files/ResidentsAssociation.doc

Print-cut down the middle and away you go.

See you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Good luck with the meeting folks. Remember if you want to make a submission on the town plan it must be in before next thursday.

Fiachra2 wrote:
    Good luck with the meeting folks. Remember if you want to make a submission on the town plan it must be in before next thursday.

TO CLARIFY: This submission is in relation to proposed plans to rezone lands adajcent to Charlesland, build large houses, and potentially apartments and duplexes.

Please amend the wording as you wish, but this can be used as a guideline. Your submission will need to be mailed by this Thursday 15th June. Ensure that your name and address is on your submission.

http://www.footypix.com/files/WCC letter final.doc

This should be sent to Wicklow County Council – Can be sent via e-mail to

plandev@wicklowcoco.ie

Sent via email. county council have acknowledged receipt.

Advertisement