Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of soil...

• 15-05-2006 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi,
    Has anyone any ideas on how to get rid of soil from shed foundations. I want to make a start on a shed in the new months but my biggest problem is getting rid of the soil.

I'm thinking of hiring a skip, but that will be a pain emptying a wheel barrow etc.. into a high skip and it will also cost a bit more.

Any ideas? The soil will be mostly sods as I'm digging up part of the garden.

Sean.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pnh

you could dig a hole..and put it into that:)

Sorry ..couldn't resist it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭taby_dub

You could make a raised flower bed and put the soil there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Well I see builders trying to sell subsoil all the time as topsoil, so you should have top soil there, so stick it in the local rag, or on Boards, or the buy and sell, you may well get someone to pay for it, or more likely they'll just come and collect it for nada. You could even say that you have some lawn sod for sale, just get the auld scissors out and give it a nice trim, what with the sizeen of the gardens some folks have in the big smoke, it would do nicely for a bonzai job.

Well I see builders trying to sell subsoil all the time as topsoil, so you should have top soil there, so stick it in the local rag, or on Boards, or the buy and sell, you may well get someone to pay for it, or more likely they'll just come and collect it for nada. You could even say that you have some lawn sod for sale, just get the auld scissors out and give it a nice trim, what with the sizeen of the gardens some folks have in the big smoke, it would do nicely for a bonzai job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Don't know if it has been mentioned already, but you could try and

Sell it!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Bury it! , Only joking. Ask your neighbours if they would like some for their flowerbeds etc

Advertisement