Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Really Sad Awkward Situation

• 15-05-2006 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

ill keep this as short as poss. I was a bold gal at my last xmas party with a guy from work, we had both been flirting for a long time and it came to a head (not literally!) at the party, just kissing.

Im in a long term relationship with 2 kids and he has a girlf who was preggers at the time( its an on off relationship), she lives abroad.

I was caught out and it caused ALOT of heartache at home, i had to move jobs. We sent each other the odd email to say hi and I always asked how his baby was coming along.

I found out today that his baby was born last fri but died on the monday........I feel so bad for him, they are both abroad in her home country at the mo, thats where the baby was born.

I really want to drop him an email to say how sorry I am about what happened and that Im thinking about him.. is that really inappropiate ?(spell??)

Given how bad he must be feeling i just wanted to let him know he has a friend if he needs one, or should i leave him to grieve in peace??

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Dreamer 7 wrote:
    or should i leave him to grieve in peace??

I believe you should do exactly that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

It's sad - but you shouldn't get involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep just leave him and his girlfriend to be with each other and deal with their loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Leave it be. You can give your condolences when he gets in touch with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

Leave him. He is going to be emotionally unstable to say the least. He won't need any more complications (and, it's hard to hear, but you are probably more of a complication to him than a friend). It is probably also adviseable that you leave the situation behind you also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I agree, forget about him. He has to rebuild his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Might help you to sympathise although I don't think it will benefit him at all. He and his girlfriend need to be there for each other right now so it's best just to leave him be, no matter how bad you feel for him.

Advertisement