Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Abcess.....

• 15-05-2006 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Other then seeing the dentist or doctor what can my wife do about her abcess. It has just come on her and is not in a position to see either of the above. Is there anything she can get in the chemist to help her till she can see the dentist.

Cheers everyone

FF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

sorry avout your wifes abcess freedomfighter, over the counter painkillers taken as per the manfacturers instructions can give some relief but if this is a true abcess causes by a collection of pus then the only solution is to remove the cause by getting to a dentist and having a root canal or the tooth out. If is a toothache....you can tell the difference cause a tooth ache will tend not to keep you awake at night and will come and go over time....then maybe some clove oil may help? The only real solution is to go to a dentist....this is not madical advice just general information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭kazper

Having had an abcess just a few months ago, it had been nagging me for few days but refused to do anything, woke up one morning and couldnt open my right eye it had become so swollen, went to doctor, who sent me into casualty to get it lanced, was the object of 7 students doctors awe eyed stares and whispers, "ive never seen anything like that before" they then gavve me course of antibiotics to see me through weekend until i made it to dentist to get tooth whipped out, i would really advise just going straight to dentist and get it over and done with, these things just get worse as you drag it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I once neglected an abcess and ended up having to have an apesectomy (sp?). Believe me, this is a procedure best avoided and the only way to do so is to visit your dentist. My abcess was quite large the endodontist reckons that it was one of the biggest he's removed. I had to get a bio-oss implant which is a kind of bone graft as the abcess had eroded a hole in my jaw bone. Please go to the dentist - otherwise it could get nastier. It's not likely to go away on its own.

Advertisement