Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Head gasket gone - rough price?

Options
  • 15-05-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Head gasket has gone on a Fiat (surprise, surprise!) Seicento belonging to my mother. Before I reveal the quote some comedian....sorry, mechanic, gave her to repair it, can anyone give me a reasonably educated guesstimate of how much this should cost to put right? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

blastman wrote:
    Head gasket has gone on a Fiat (surprise, surprise!) Seicento belonging to my mother. Before I reveal the quote some comedian....sorry, mechanic, gave her to repair it, can anyone give me a reasonably educated guesstimate of how much this should cost to put right? Thanks.

My guess. 400 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

*snigger*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'd say your talking about 800 to get it sorted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

My brother got the head gasket in his Punto sorted for 400e.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Oh jaysus, this brings back memories...(from not so bloody long ago...:mad: )

€690 for head gasket, timing belt and a new radiator in a 2000 Seicento about 4 weeks ago. Sounded awful when I got it back, brought it back in. They adjusted the timing, I got 5 miles out of it before it broke down in my work car park.

Currently sitting in the car park waiting for the guy I just bought a 01 Megane off to have a look at it (see if he'll take it off my hands). If not the other shower (a Fiat dealer) will be collecting it and getting it back on the road...:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement