Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lead times for getting ADSL broadband

• 15-05-2006 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

I used to have broadband with UTV, but disconnected in order to move to Magnet. Some feck up between Magnet and Eircom with exchange information. Muppets. I contacted UTV almost 2 months ago to get re-connected and am still not connected. Very peed off with them, but I need a broadband connection, for work and leisure. On the west of the city, and outside IBB coverage, no NTL, ...

I was wondering how long people have had to wait recently to get connected. I'm not quite sure if it's a UTV or €ircon screw-up. I wouldn't put it past €ircon, but UTV are very poor at giving information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you applied to Magnet then that application could be holding up your UTV order. Have you tried contacting UTV to see if they can shed any light on it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jor el wrote:
    If you applied to Magnet then that application could be holding up your UTV order. Have you tried contacting UTV to see if they can shed any light on it?

Yes UTV can be quite careless in these cases - push them to give you the exact status of your line/order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

jor el wrote:

I've contacted UTV once a week for the past month because their T&Cs say the connection should take 10 days. Magnet were trying to connect me to their service in the wrong exchange, so it's not likely _that_ is the cause.

I was just wondering how long other people were having to wait to get connected. It wasn't this bad 2 years ago.

Advertisement