Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm activity 15/05/06

Options
  • 15-05-2006 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

New Report:

1640hrs Laois (central) Mighty Clap of thunder which rocked house, very dark clouds and heavy rain just started. I was expecting this as the clouds were similar in formation/colour etc. as last weeks. Guess I was right!

Will update

***edit 1705*** Believe this is just a isolated small scale event, it has quietened down,rain stopped don't expect much more activity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I was driving through Borris in Ossory at about 16:30 in the worst rain I have ever seen,absolutely torrential,driving at 10mph I could hardly see beyond the bonnet.Road was like a river,I'm still gobsmacked.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

A narrow band of heavy showers heading east towards wicklow at the moment which had the claps of thunder over laois and tipp for you guys.

http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/radar/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thunderone

The rain was torrential alright, lasted approx 5-10mins.

That belt is moving East at a nice speed. It's fine here now just cloudy with some sunny spells. Some dark cloud approaching from south but I don't see it as being that indicative of thunder.

Tomorrow, the opinion is we may have some more activity (shall leave that for the designated thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

its monsoon season in finglas at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

well, monsoon season has officialy ended in finglas :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement