Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil WC Squad

• 15-05-2006 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

Goalkeepers: Dida (AC Milan), Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Rogerio Ceni (Sao Paulo)

Defenders: Cafu (AC Milan), Cicinho (Real Madrid), Lucio (Bayern Munich), Juan (Bayer Leverkusen), Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid), Gilberto (Hertha Berlin), Cris (Olympique Lyon), Luisao (Benfica)

Midfielders: Edmilson (Barcelona), Juninho Pernambucano (Olympique Lyon), Emerson (Juventus), Ze Roberto (Bayern Munich), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Kaka (AC Milan), Ricardinho (Corinthians)

Forwards: Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Robinho (Real Madrid), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Adriano (Inter Milan), Fred (Olympique Lyon).

Not too shabby array of attacking talent there :)

Will they be playing 4-2-4 with RARR (Ronaldinho, Adriano, Ronaldo and Robinho) upfront? Or is there a place for Ze Roberto in the lineup?

Something like....

Dida
    Cafu
    Juan
    Lucio
    Carlos
    Emerson
    Kaka
    Robinho---Ronaldo----Adriano---Ronaldinho

or....

Dida
    Cafu
    Juan
    Lucio
    Carlos
    Emerson
    Kaka
    Ronaldinho
    Ze Roberto
    Ronaldo
    Adriano

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

wow....scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

they announced their team about two weeks ago for the opening match even, all being fit it'll be the same that started last qualifier against Venezuala (I think) watchied it on Bravo think it was 4-3-3 they played
    Upfront was Ronaldo, Adriano and Ronaldinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

^^^This is the truth. Robinho will not start, which I think is fair enough - he doesn't really merit a starting place with that competition. He is a great option to bring on after an hour or so when the opposition defenders are already knackered from dealing with Ronaldinho et al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

what an ooption to have. the defense goesnt look too bad this year either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

SofaKing wrote:

Dida
    Cafu
    Juan
    Lucio
    Carlos
    Emerson
    Kaka
    Ronaldinho
    Ze Roberto
    Ronaldo
    Adriano
    That's the team that'll start. Only Brazil could get away with that. :) Will they get away with it though? All it takes is an off day for them to be beaten. An off day for someone like Italy and they'd probably still keep a clean sheet but Brazil will be doing well to keep a clean sheet on a good day. At the last world cup they played Kleberson and Gilberto. Emerson won't be able to do the dirty work on his own if the opposition are getting a bit of possession.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Will cafu start ahead of Cicinho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Apparantly Ze Roberto plays the holding role for Brazil and gets stuck in so that changes it a bit.

Dida
    Cafu
    Juan
    Lucio
    Carlos
    Emerson----Ze Roberto
    Kaka
    Ronaldinho
    Ronaldo
    Adriano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*Rest of world does'nt bother to turn up* :D

Mike.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Great team, but definately beatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Great team, but definately beatable.

Having seen them play most of the Wc qualifiers one thing makes them sort of unbeatable The attacking 5 and the defending the attacking 5 do.

At any one time when Brazil hadnt got the ball, everyone bar one would be in formation chasing for the ball. They work very well as ateam without the ball and well when they have it they dictate the game and create chance after chance after chance. Its embarassing to watch how they dismantle teams.

Actually now that i think of it its like Arsenal when they havent got the ball (cept henry would be chasing down the ball). They will concede but they more than likley score more a lot more.

Brazil to score 10+ in group is 5-1 :eek:

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

KdjaC wrote:
    Brazil to score 10+ in group is 5-1 :eek:

very good value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

[QUOTE=SofaKingForwards: Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Robinho (Real Madrid), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Adriano (Inter Milan), Fred (Olympique Lyon). [/QUOTE]

One thing that has been bothering me since the squad was announced is Fred. You have all these typically Brazilian names and the last name on the list is Fred. Is he a plant?:rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

smashey wrote:
    One thing that has been bothering me since the squad was announced is Fred. You have all these typically Brazilian names and the last name on the list is Fred. Is he a plant?:rolleyes:
    No, he's a footballer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

smashey wrote:

Frederico Chaves Guedes , better?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Thany you kdjac. It just sounded wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

No Diego, which kinda annoys me because i think he is a quality player! Still, they're not gonna be beaten easily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

No Diego, which kinda annoys me because i think he is a quality player! Still, they're not gonna be beaten easily!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Strong team... cant see them not getting to the final especially with that kinda firepower up front!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Brazil to win world cup and Ronaldo to be top scorer = 20/1

Fantastic odds. Practically giving away money.

This better not come back to haunt me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

cheesedude wrote:
    Brazil to win world cup and Ronaldo to be top scorer = 20/1

Fantastic odds. Practically giving away money.

This better not come back to haunt me.

hmmm... worth about €100. ronaldo's goals paid off for me 4 years ago so i may as well give some back to the bookies. i believe that's how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What a class act he is.

Adriano is at 10/1 for top scorer or else 25/1 with the Brazil combo. I can see him being the substitute for Robinho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Brazil are strong but when is the last time the favourites won the world cup??

They will get knocked out in the semi's or quarters I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

jank wrote:
    Brazil are strong but when is the last time the favourites won the world cup??

USA '94

Advertisement