Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Banning

Options
  • 15-05-2006 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

My other account appears to have been banned for no apparant reason. Last time I was logged in here I posted to complete a list in an FAQ in the audio players. I posted a more complete list of support sites for audio players to assist in providing this site with a well balanced list. The only other thread I made was suggest someone join up to one of these sites to get more advanced help. I would love to know why some mods get jobs on this site when they clearly do all they can to make things hard to do and people not want to stay on here.

My other account name is Astec123 therefore I would appreciate being unbanned as I have not done anything wrong as yet. I read the charters where I post and as far as I know I have not broken any of the rules therefore a ban is pointless on me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

My understanding (though not perfect on this situation) is this:

Your website creativelabratory had a thread that discussed the best places for advertising the website/products/whatever. This site was mentioned as a great place to advertise (for free). A number of users spammed this site and (iirc) shilled products and the breadcrumbs lead back to creativelabratory and/or misticriver.

Seeing as these two sites are yours, you are the cause of the extra time that mods and smods have had to waste removing the spam.

I'll let Talliesin answer this in more detail though as he banned you. The initial googlecache of the thread I mentioned doesn't exist incidentally.

A ban is never pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Night Prowler

1. I no longer work there or the other site
    2. IIRC I suggested people assist in the FAQs here
    3. I stopped working on both a few days after due to a lack of time.
    4. How about your members all being banned on said sites as a number of your members here I did find happened to spam those sites and also a few mods.
    5. I dont control other users of this site or any other, what someone else does is not due to me, every man is independant. You get spammers everywhere.

So therefore by your reasoning if you say you dont like another site for some reason and someone here spams there you should be banned as it is directly your fault because you mentioned a disliking for it.

Also what the hell is this word "shilled" I assume you are trying to say that people started to show player pride. Again how is that my fault. Should I start googling for DAP fora and then start spamming as google linked me to them and I have an alternative player. Google did link me to them.

However if there is any blame then blame me and I request politely that I be unbanned as this happened months ago. Thanks.

A

1. You did though.
    2. I think you remember wrong, the post I remember was you telling people that you wanted them to give maximum visibility to the site - starting with boards.
    3. And?
    4. Not quite sure what you mean here, can you change the syntax please?
    5. Well that's not true - you told people to advertise on boards iirc, so you actually were controlling other users of your site and what they did was due to you.
    So therefore by your reasoning if you say you dont like another site for some reason and someone here spams there you should be banned as it is directly your fault because you mentioned a disliking for it.
    Sorry, I forgot to mention in my first reply that you notified your users of boards' existance and that they should go off and advertise in other such places/message boards. I should have made that clear.

Shill: Wikipedia the word Shill.

The blame isn't entirely on you, it's also on the other people that spammed and shilled your website.

4. How about your members all being banned on said sites as a number of your members here I did find happened to spam those sites and also a few mods.
    Are you trying to say that members from boards.ie have been spamming other websites like you did?

If so please show me links and I'll look into it. I don't want boards.ie spamming other websites just as I don't like other websites spamming boards.ie.

Advertisement