Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Eircom broadband routers.

• 15-05-2006 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi

My mates broadband router (Eircom Netopia Wireless Router ) has just gone tits up on him. Everything is completely blank, not a sign of life. Eircom in all their usefulness tell me that it will take about 2 weeks to get him out a new one, and we cant wait that long.

My brother has a spare Eircom wireless router exactly the same as my mates. I think it works. Will getting broadband back for my mate be as simple as setting things up as they were with my brothers router, or will there be some tweaking to be done with usernames and passwords etc ? Do eircom have a generic username and password combo put into their bb routers and authenticate users by the phone number they connect from ??

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement