Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance and car auctions?

Options
  • 15-05-2006 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi,
    Im looking to start driving very soon but unfortunetely the cost of insusrance would be completetly out of my price range (4000 plus) as I am only 18 but I was just wondering are there any ways arond this? Surely there must be ways of lowering the cost of insurance? I am also interested in car auctions if I was to buy my own car would these be a good place to go and get a decent used car for a reasonable price? And how do you access these auctions do you actually have to be a car dealer? Basically im just looking for as much information on these topics as I can get and any information will be of huge help and greatly recieved.Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Irish auctions are generally a last resort to get rid of your car. ie. Cars there haven't sold elsewhere... Just keep that in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

to go to an auction you have to pay in, usually around €300, you get this back if you dont buy anything and you get it taken off the price of a vechicle if you buy one.

make sure you get any car your interested in checked out by a qualified mechanic.

insurance these days isnt that expensive, stick to a 1 or 1.2 litre car and you should be able to get insurance for around €2000 - €2500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

I was in the same boat as yourself. I started with a citroen ax,this was due to it being a great buy and it was a 95 with fuel injection. Makes a difference on cold mornings!! So i bought that and went with hibernian, only 1100 for myself 18/19 and my dad and 22 year old brother. Quinn wanted 3600. If we went with a newer fiesta or punto it went up to 1800. Go figure. Im now selling my ax for an ax gt. Which is only 150euro more now. Dont know why,think its cos we have a few policies with them.
    Im selling the ax
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054871143
    For 625 you cant go wrong!

Advertisement