Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Mountain Biking Centre?

Options
  • 15-05-2006 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

was looking on google for good spots in ireland to bring my bike when this came up http://www.coillte.ie/newsletters/www4/issue4-5.htm i do not know if this ever went ahead, or if its it's running succesfully, has anyone heard more about it or been to it? P.S feel free to use this thread to post your fav. riding spots or other designated MTBing areas in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Its been talked about for quite a while. It did look like something would happen last year, but no movement yet.

In the meantime, Ballinstoe is criss-crossed with excellent singletrack. Races are run there on a regular basis and there are some great lines. Trouble is, nothing is signed so you have to know where it is. So either you spend time figuring it out or ride with someone who does know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

There are no designated MTB areas in this country, as far as I know. The Ballinastoe project didn't happen for one reason or another and the funding has lapsed. However there are still plans for the area.

The two projects which are currently going ahead are Kindlestown and Ballhouras. The Kindlestown project is a cooperation between MTBers and Coillte to upgrade the existing trail to IMBA standards. The Ballhouras project has received funding of €1.4m and will be professionally constructed. You can read more about the two schemes here:
    http://www.mtbireland.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=6135.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭N05H3AD

Trouble is, nothing is signed so you have to know where it is. So either you spend time figuring it out or ride with someone who does know.

do you know where it is? if you do could you please PM me the directions :)

Advertisement